Strange Request for Patch Test for Lash Tint & Perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanessa

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this afternoons request.

Had a lady come into the salon this afternoon asking for a patch test for tinting and perming, so one of my therapists said yes that would be fine, when did she want to come in for the treatment?

She didn't want a treatment just needed a patch test before doing a lash & brow tinting and perming course at a training institute not far from us!

When she recieved her joining instructions it said she needed to have a patch test, she asked if she could go there to have one and was told to go to her local salon and get one done as they didn't do them - so when they train I hope they explain the importance of the patch test and how they need to be done on all new clients, even if they've had tints etc at other salons.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy to help people, but they might not even use the same products as we do and patch tests need to be done for the products being used, anyway we did do the tint patch test for her and gave her a card with the name of the brand used.

I had a few clients in reception and they couldn't believe the request.

That's shocking but i can well believe it.
When i did my eyebrow and lash tinting course our models weren't even tested.
I took my sister and my daughter, who at the time was 15.
Half way through doing my daughter she made some comment about under 16's and i said well my model is under 16. She replied 'i'll pretend i never heard that'. :eek:
She also didn't have any orange sticks, which she said is what you applied the tint with, so made us use cotton buds.
There were only 2 of us on the course and she left us carrying on tinting whilst she went and filled out our certificates.
This was a couse accredited by the beauty guild too.

cheeky moo! some people got no shame! I woulda charged her a fiver

I think she has a blooming cheek. xxx

Very shocking but as angelina said i can believe it as when i done my tint course my models wernt tested either.
x

I did a tinting/perming course a couple of years ago. The trainer put tiny bits of the solutions on the backs of our wrists, then we all carried straight on with the course.

I think she should have paid you something for your time and trouble testing her, tbh.

patch tests are so important when we was training we did the patch test the week before we started the tinting part and lucky as 2 girls had reactions good job it was on her arm not on the eyes.

Latest posts

Back