Streaky spray tan - Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjfoy27

Reaction score
HI, I've been doing spray tans since april and have got confident doing them so recently i've been totally fine with no problems.

I have a client who keeps coming back for spray tans, and last week she was back for another one must have been her 8th spray tan with me and every time it has been fine. but this time i noticed when i was spraying her legs it was going all blotchy and streaky, like there was big white marks when the tan didnt take to the skin? it was perfect everywhere else. I did noticed the gun had been tampered with and there was way to much tan coming out when i tested it but i changed the settings and it seemed to be spraying normal.

so just wondering is it something to with the gun or her skin? as it was spraying normal everywhere might it be something on her skin? she did inform me after i had sprayed her that she had shaved her legs that morning but she said she always does.

Just a bit worried now and i was actually getting confident doing spray tans and i have one in tomorrow. I have lowered the setting on the gun as i found it easier with less tan coming out but just standing closer to the client.

any tips or advice please!

hi hun
someone posted a very similar prob not si long ago but i cant quite think what was said?
i should imagine though if it was fine everywhere else Hun its not your gun, but what's on her legs? Prob worth investigating before you take the rap?! Just seems it would be all over? Or do you do legs last?...enough solution in cup? Maybe swish it through with hot water before next tan just to be sure? X

I had a client with a very similar problem recently. Sprayed her numerous times and then started getting white streaks on arms, always in the same place. We worked out that it coincided with her changing her pill. She stopped taking it (for other reasons) and following tan was fine again!

There are many possible causes the obvious one would be product residue left on the skin creating a barrier. Residue off moisturising strip on razor blades are also notorious for causing streaky legs! Hormones or medication changes can effect the skin too.

I urge you to always do a couch roll test before you spray the client. It eliminates any doubt in situations like this and more importantly ensures clients receives a great tan. I would also strip down your gun and give it a good clean, clean your filter and ensure you are putting more then enough solution in your cup. Ensure that pick up tube is in good condition, if it worn or baggy it needs replacing. I had an issue with intermittent spraying due to the weight in the tube being pushed to high and causing a blockage because tube was baggy and worn, I switched the tube and the problem was solved!

HI, I've been doing spray tans since april and have got confident doing them so recently i've been totally fine with no problems.

I have a client who keeps coming back for spray tans, and last week she was back for another one must have been her 8th spray tan with me and every time it has been fine. but this time i noticed when i was spraying her legs it was going all blotchy and streaky, like there was big white marks when the tan didnt take to the skin? it was perfect everywhere else. I did noticed the gun had been tampered with and there was way to much tan coming out when i tested it but i changed the settings and it seemed to be spraying normal.

so just wondering is it something to with the gun or her skin? as it was spraying normal everywhere might it be something on her skin? she did inform me after i had sprayed her that she had shaved her legs that morning but she said she always does.

Just a bit worried now and i was actually getting confident doing spray tans and i have one in tomorrow. I have lowered the setting on the gun as i found it easier with less tan coming out but just standing closer to the client.

any tips or advice please!

this is a bit of an odd one and without seeing it a difficult one to answer

one thing seems to be certain...it doesn't appear that the problem is one of your application and more likely a client derived problem

what that problem is exactly depends on what the streaks or patches look like and are they light or dark ?

If they are long whitish streaks down the leg then its either due to something blocking the solution from getting into the skin ,like hair conditioner which hasnt been washed off properly and has run and or that the streaks are due to the tan being washed off the effected areas soon after the application...could be excessive sweat running down the leg or...wait for it...she may have had an untimely or planned wee (forgive the pun :o) accident and so washed off the tan...yes this has been known before :eek:

If the patches are dark and much wider then possibly this could be as a result of bad shaving where the skin has been scuffed and the solution has "grabbed "lets hope the problem wasn't one derived from incontinence :eek::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back