Successful Eye Lash Tint - What about yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hello,

Can peeps add what brand of eye lash tint they use and roughly, how long do you keep it on for?
I have done a couple in the last 2 days and I wonder if it gives the effect they want or have had before.

If you can let me know, and also, what do you DO while the eye lash tint is taking??!!

Carly x

hi
i use professional beauty systems from sally services. usually leave it on for 10 mins and dim the lights as this is more comfortable for the client and is easier for them to keep their eyes closed. usually while the tint is taking i would tidy up the equipment i have just used and chat to the client as i dont like leaving them alone in case it starts to sting and they panic.

I use Ellisons own brand tint. With the timing, you should leave it on as per the instructions on the brand that you use, as they all vary slightly.

I tend to just faff around while the tint is on - tidy up, fill in the record card, twiddle my thumbs.... but I never leave the room, it's not worth the risk! If it does start to sting you need to get the tint off QUICK.

If you want to know how it compares with what they've had done before, just ask them. It's always good to get client feedback, so you know where you're going right and wrong. And they know you're interested as well.

Same as Ciara1980.
I tidy up and chat to the client and quietly get ready for the next treatment.

At college we are have trained with Thuya from Ellisons, its a spanish brand and correct me if I am wrong its the only one where you can tint and perm in the same day, thats why we use it at college, I have found it to be very good but as it's the only brand I have used I have nothing to compare it with.

I would not leave the room, as others have said I would quietly tidy things away and prepare for my next treatment or fill record card in etc...

I get my lashes and brows done together, so my therapist will put the lash tint on first, and then mix the brow tint and tint the brows while the lashes are cooking nicely. Then she'll tidy stuff up until the lashes are done, usually chatting or she'll have some nice tunes on in the background as well.

Hello,

Can peeps add what brand of eye lash tint they use and roughly, how long do you keep it on for?
I have done a couple in the last 2 days and I wonder if it gives the effect they want or have had before.

If you can let me know, and also, what do you DO while the eye lash tint is taking??!!

Carly x

All this should have been covered in your eyelash tinting module/course, presuming you've attended one....???

We previously used salon systems and now use refectocil. While the tint is developing the therapist tidies away her things and gives the client a hand massage, which clients comment is a nice touch (and doesnt cost a thing!).

I use Professional Beauty Systems and leave the tint on for 10 mins.
I give the client a hand massage while the tint is taking,just an extra i like to do that i find makes them relax more.

All this should have been covered in your eyelash tinting module/course, presuming you've attended one....???

I completed my NVQ 2 & 3 Beauty Therapy course back in 2000. All I am asking is how long you leave your tint on, as some prefer longer than others, and what you do while the tint is taking.

I use this site to ask people how they differ their treatments, as they often adapt treatments to how they were trained on individual product courses.

I completed my NVQ 2 & 3 Beauty Therapy course back in 2000. All I am asking is how long you leave your tint on, as some prefer longer than others, and what you do while the tint is taking.

I use this site to ask people how they differ their treatments, as they often adapt treatments to how they were trained on individual product courses.

I think that the lash tint usually stays on for around 10 to 15 minutes when I get mine done - Sharon my therapist sometimes "tops up" the tint mid-way as well, adding a bit more on - but she has a quick check to see how it's looking before finishing the treatment.

For my brows, it's usually only on for a couple of minutes or so - and sometimes Sharon will put the tint on 2 or 3 times there, if it hasn't darkened enough the first time round - always easier to put extra on to darken it than leave it on for too long and find the brows are too dark!

Ah, I see what you're saying.

There are guidelines that come with the different types of tint, which state how long tint should be left on for, I always tend to follow those and have never had a problem. It will also depend how much peroxide you use: if you're heavy handed with it, developing time will shorten; if you don't use much it will take longer.

I don't think I'd like a tint that took ages to develop; lying down with tint/peroxide mixture on your eyes for 8-10 mins is plenty I think.

As for what you do whilst a tint is developing: tidy round after your self and then sit and wait. Don't be one of those therapists who wanders off for a chat (didn't know this happened much until I spoke to a few of our clients who have been to less professional salons) or a cup of tea, you must always stay in close proximity of your client to ensure they're feeling no discomfort and to check on the tint's progress.

Latest posts

Back