Sugar based spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosyK30

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which brand is a sugar based spray tan?

Celebrity secrets is Hun x

I thought all spray tan solution was sugar based . I thought it was the amino acids air and sugar that caused the brown xxxx

I thought all tans were because DHA is derived from sugar beets.

Lol I'm not sure! Thought this was something different??!! X

I agree with the others, your training really should have taught you this!!! DHA is from sugar beet

I am not trained in spray tanning, have my level 6 qualification in beauty therapy but we did not cover spray tanning! I am obviously going to do the training just planning ahead and doing a little research and thought sugar based tans were different lol, was thinking of maybe buying 2nd hand but not sure.... There is one for sale at £90 for the tS10 with tent but is this machine too small?

Both DHA and Erythrulose used in spray tans are simple sugar molecules. DHA has a chain of 3 carbon atoms, whereas Erythrulose has a chain of 4 carbon atoms.

Both make the skin go brown by reacting with arginine (an amino acid found in proteins in the surface of the skin) - chemically it's the Maillard Reaction - the same sort of chemical reaction which makes bread go brown when baked.

Latest posts

Back