Suggestions Wanted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourbonsbabe

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well. Quick question to glean some ideas and inspiration. What kind of music would you recommend during treatments. Would like to play some sounds but really not sure where to go with this.
Any personal favourites you have??

Thanks

PS Hate Pan Pipes (just in case anybody suggests this lol)

Hi, I-tunes have some nice compilation cd's on there and i think they're usually a fiver to download (it's not pan pipes either)!!xXx

I play Missy Higgins quite a bit in my salon as I think she has an awesome voice and she sounds so calming.....have added a link from youtube altho its a live version.....granted the live version wouldnt do for a salon with all the audience noise!!

YouTube - Missy Higgins - Warm Whispers (Live in Concert)

I play Moby, Norah Jones, Katie Melua, Katie Tunstall. That kind of thing. The radio from my mp3 player if it's a more social treatment.

Hope that helps

Carly x

Sarah Mclaughlin also has a lovely theraputic voice IMO I guess its down to taste really

YouTube - Angel

My clients very often request a particular CD I have by Sting - All this Time.
I play mostly classical, from charity shops, look for Relaxing piano, relaxing violin etc.
Be careful not to fall foul of the PRS people!

I guess nothing beats an eclectic mix of music, so that you will have something to cater for as many musical tastes as possible.

Classic FM do some nice compilations of classical music, e.g. "Relax & Escape".

I'm also a fan of chilled out contemporary classical music, e.g. Ludovico Einaudi. If new to his music, try something like "Echoes - The Einaudi Collection" which is a selection of his most popular works. For a consistently chilled out album, I'm a big fan of "Una Mattina" too - this is an album of piano solos, plus 3 tracks with piano and cello.

In a similar vein, check out "Heal of the Hand" by Robin Spielberg, "Close Your Eyes" by Amy Lauren, "Streamwalker" by Craig Urquhart and "Feast of Joy and Love" by Laura Sullivan (the latter three can be bought from CD Baby, CD Baby: let's find you some great new music... ).

For younger clients, maybe something like the "Pure Moods" compilations, which have quite a mix of different tunes on, for example Groove Armada's "At The River" (the one with the trombone solo from the M&S advert), and "Return to Innocence" by Enigma. The "Ibiza Chill Out" albums are also good; Sharon (who does my waxing) has some of those and they're great music for treatments.

I use music by Afterlife & Air & I have a nice chilled Hed Kandi album too.
x

Personally, I think it should be music and not 'songs', words can have a lot of connotations for people and could defeat the purpose of your treatment, unfortunately.

I really like Ruth's suggestions, my daughter calls it 'plinky-plonky' music which is maybe not the best description of relaxation/therapeutic music:lol:

Personally, I think it should be music and not 'songs', words can have a lot of connotations for people and could defeat the purpose of your treatment, unfortunately.

I really like Ruth's suggestions, my daughter calls it 'plinky-plonky' music which is maybe not the best description of relaxation/therapeutic music:lol:

LOL at "plinky-plonky" music :green:

Talking of charity shops though, I managed to pick up a "Chilled Ibiza" double album, and a couple of Julee Cruise albums for only a few quid; OK the Julee Cruise albums were quite scratched, but "CD Paranoia" on my Linux box was able to read them OK thank goodness! The Julee Cruise albums were really mellow and chilled out too - am sure some of the tracks off them would be nice for treatments.

Other music that I like, that Sharon my therapist also likes for treatments (I introduced her to it), is by a group called Bliss, Bliss, Blissful Music, Blissful Records - Lucinda Drayton, Andrew Blissett - some of their albums, e.g. "Through These Eyes" have quite a Celtic sound to them, "A Hundred Thousand Angels" has a mix of Celtic and Indian-sounding tracks, whereas "You" is a more up-beat album and has a more jazz-oriented sound.

Another artist worth a listen is Kitaro. He's a Japanese musician who writes predominantly instrumental music, using a mixture of synthesizers and acoustic instruments. Good albums to start with are probably "Thinking of You" and "The Light of the Spirit" (the latter is more varied in style, and has more powerful, exciting tracks as well as some nice mellow ones).

Other people you might like... Terry Oldfield (Mike Oldfield's brother) has an eclectic discography, including several releases on the "New World" label. A lot of his work is influenced by world music.

One of my absolute favourite albums has to be "In Unity" by Tim Wheater and David Lord though. It's a mixture of Tim's gorgeous flute playing and David's sumptuous synthesizer backing (lovely rich analogue-sounding strings etc). Not sure how you'd like it given your dislike of pan-pipes; it's a "proper" flute rather than pan-pipes though.

Then there are some albums by Vangelis that would work well for treatments too, e.g. "Oceanic", "Opera Sauvage" and parts of "Voices".

As you might have guessed, I'm a big fan of classical, New Age and electronica lol...

Blimey - Julee Cruise! Haven't heard of her since Twin Peaks!

Blimey - Julee Cruise! Haven't heard of her since Twin Peaks!

Aye, and they were selling the "Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me" soundtrack album too, which I also bought from the charity shop. Can't go wrong at £2.50 per disc. That one was also rather scratched though. Guess whoever liked Julee Cruise wasn't as fussy as I am at taking care of their CDs, or had kids that decided to use them as coasters or something...

Wow....thanks for all your suggestions. Think I'm going to be busy listening to all these and deciding on what I like but on the upsaid I should be nice and relaxed after lol!! Thanks again guys x

My clients love my collection of classical music. its a 5-CD set of relaxing classical musical. I ripped it to MP3s and then deleted any songs will too much troughs and drama......

For manicures/pedicures, Norah Jones goes down well.

Something with singing... try Bliss, her voice is amazing.

More holistic, try Deva Premal.

My clients love my collection of classical music. its a 5-CD set of relaxing classical musical. I ripped it to MP3s and then deleted any songs will too much troughs and drama......

For manicures/pedicures, Norah Jones goes down well.

Something with singing... try Bliss, her voice is amazing.

More holistic, try Deva Premal.

Yay, you are a Bliss fan too by the sound of it. What is your favourite album?

Latest posts

Back