Sun Damage - best treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
Hello skin geeks

My cousin has this sun damage on her forehead and is wondering what the best treatment for her would be. it's not sore or blistered. Just different colour. Is there a way to fix this? Luckily she has a thick fringe so you can't see it.

Would something like micro dermabrasion help this? Or other facial peels?

57c25848-be04-701a.jpg

Hopefully you can see that ok.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

i would say go to a salon/clinic that uses either IPL for skin rejuvenation or a more medical based clinic that uses a dermaroller. Microdermabrasion probably wouldn't work very well on this. Also, make sure she uses a good quality spf everyday!!!

I agree ipl would be the best option but research and use a reputable salon with professional equipment not a cheap import as these cause more damage than good in many cases x

Thank you.

When researching, what should she be looking for? Is there a brand name or system other than IPL she should look out for?

Decent machines include Pulsar and ellipse
Check they are adequately insured and trained. There are many cases in court at present with clients suing salons for burns and salons suing suppliers for providing poor equipment. One company sells a beautiful machine designed in Italy but inside it's rubbish from china so please be careful when choosing a salon/ clinic x

Thanks for all the information. It's been most helpful.

I have another question. I know people should stay out of the sun and shouldn't use sunbeds while been treated for this. What about spray tans?

Hi no tans Inc spray tan, the technician needs to see natural skin colour to adjust settings accordingly x

Hi no tans Inc spray tan, the technician needs to see natural skin colour to adjust settings accordingly x

Thank you

Hi
She should ask for IPL to reduce or remove Sun Damage- Pigmentation. She must make sure she stays away from the sun, tanning produtcs and sunbeds at least 4 weeks before and after treatment, apply SPF 50 each day before during and after treatments. Should work very well, perhaps 2 or 3 session once every 2 weeks. Results should appear after 1 week...
Best of luck !
Caroline at SkinFirst

I would suggest she see a Dermatologist to assess what damage has been done.

I also have pigmentation like this have tried all the micro dermabrasion, creams and facials and none of that works, I think the IPL is the only solution.

Also in regards to the sun even when I wear factor 50 on my face it still flares up, it is a lot darker in Summer than Winter.

Latest posts

Back