Sun oil has ssp my tan help! lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hey guys, I stupidly put sun oil on without thinking, and it has messed up my leg's I look like my skin is all cracking! it's one of the driest areas but I do moisturise every night. Tried lighly scrubbing with the xen tan body scrub, then applied some transform (gradual tanner) as advised by xen tan but you can still see cracking! I have repeated the process today but dont think it's going to drastically change HELP ! lol I have also just bought some oil free sun cream :green: also if sun creams with oil in break down tans, do moisturisers with oil do the same??? xx

Yes you should avoid oily moisturisers too, are you sure that it is the suncream that has done this though as I often get snake skin on my shins anyway, maybe it just shows up more now that you have put that on?

Anything with oil in will break down the tan and strip the colour so you need to avoid all oils at all costs,

you would be best to try and scrub off the ruined tan you have now and start over again on tan free skin hun, hth :hug:

So can I just ask. When a client gets a tan done for a beach holiday.
What advice would you give them with regard to which sun protection they can use.

Do most sun creams contain oil or is this easy to avoid?

So can I just ask. When a client gets a tan done for a beach holiday.
What advice would you give them with regard to which sun protection they can use.

Do most sun creams contain oil or is this easy to avoid?

They don't all contain oil, its a case of looking at the ingredient list,
as far as i know soltan lotions from boots are ok but always check as they change things from year to year :hug:

trouble is I had a double spray so harder to get off lol, it's actually looking better now but I'm going to scrub again tommorow and put more transform on :) I ordered some oil free sun cream off ebay only cost £3.50, was bananna boat or hawaian tropic could'nt find any in the supermarkets, guess I'll have to get some oil free moisturiser too now lol had been using palmers body butter and just bought some nivea soft think I'll wait till its done god this tan is costing a fortune lol xx

when you say you had a double spray do you mean you had a spray, washed off, then had another spray within 48hours? or do you just mean they sprayed you twice the first time?

If they sprayed you twice the first time that wouldnt make it harder to get off, if they did two sprays within 48 hours was the first spray not orange? If not could be DHA overload!

sprayed then washed n sprayed again :) all in 48hrs xen tan does'nt go orange thats the beauty of it I love it lol wont be doubling again thou, just fancied it to see what It would look like and it was really nice xx

:irked: had a new tan on thursday looked perfect friday and sat, but today I have noticed the skin cracking on my legs again! this had only happened the last 2 tans I have had done, I used the fake bake oil free moisturiser spray but legs still felt really dry so slapped on nivea soft on, not sure if it was that that has caused it I'm about demented with this tan malarky! never had this problem with lotion can somebody help me pleeeease lol xx

I have exactly the same trouble my tan last couple day en goes scaley, thats the only word I can use to describe it. i spoke to alot of other people that have tans an it seems to be the paler you are to begin with the more crackling on skin you have. I know one girl that is pale liek me which has same trouble everywk scrubbing at skin, and another friend that has a colour to her and finds gettting tan off not a problem. And I dont think its anything to do with what solution you use either as have tried most solutions, sienna X, tantricks, California, St tropez, Fake Bake, Su Do,
I end up using a pummy stone, I know this will thin the skin but its the only thing that works for me, also stayingin hot bath for an hr.
Goodluck with getting ya tan off!

Have still been looking for a body wash for using with tan, had a look at vani-t, these contain botanical oils! so does this mean it is only man made oils so to speak that are bad? lol seroiusly I never knew tanning could be so camplicated I'm so close to goin back to my lotion for my self keep the spray tan for my clients lol xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back