Suppliers and aftercare advice :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynam121

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hi there, i was just looking for a bit of guidance?

Recently completed my course in extensions, have been practicing away for a bit now and now feel confident enough to go to paying clients.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The problem I have is hair supplier (i know, i know, i am sorry to ask this over again)

I am torn between Lush-Us (who i trained with) HairPlanet, Hallo

I hear that dark colours are usually ok however it’s the blonde ranges that seem to be proving difficult?
Can you recommend the suppliers you all use?

Also I know that the suppliers all recommend their own aftercare products, can you recommend any other professional products to use?
A shampoo/conditioner/protein treatment I know that Lush do a luxury pack, but i also know that £40 on top of the install price, most clients wouldn’t want to pay that (as much as I know it is imperative) so I would rather they use something on the hair that’s specifically intended for extensions HairPlanet has shampoo&conditioner for £17.99, would this be ok to use say with Lush-US?

sorry that has gone on a bit, but any help greatly appreciated [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

hi im intrested in doing a hair extension course, was lush us good, and also do you get told where to find suppliers etc...

im intrested to see what people say to your thread i think youve asked good questions!

x

Hi,
If you use the search facility, you will find lots & lots of threads on hair suppliers,mostly commented on by myself, dont use halo,honestly its just not worth it!
Lush us are good for lower budget hair,but I think there having some changes at the minuite,so havent got many colours in stock, take a look at hairxtensions.co.uk, theres loads of threads on here, which i think you will find useful. To sum it up, Balmain are about the best supplier about(IMO) but I understand that not all clients can Afford this, only around 20% of mine do have balmain, but I am slowly trying to convert them all.
Oh,and if you take a look at lush website they do state that they do recommend you use there aftercare products, with there hair, just as you should any really,i dont know if youve tried them, but they are really nice.
Good luck, in the never ending quest for fab hair at a fab price! there really is no such thing : )
Kate xx

thank you for your reply’s :)

Charlii – Lush_us training was good, we use a live model on the day and you also rotate on the other models so that you get to try out all the different hair types that you will come across, we had short hair, long hair, thick, fine, textured hair was a really good mix on the day, you do a pre and post learning test and the girls are there all the time for any help you need after the training also, found it to be a great day! Recommend Highly 

Well I have had Lush in before (Micro ring) and currently have their clip in extensions, I find them ok, and the girl who was my model on the day seems to be happy with them!

That was one of the things that i was worried about is the colour choice, we got the new colour rings at the training day as they only just came in on time, being on the website it looks limited on the specific colours in specific sizes ect, so not too sure if I would be happy to be so limited?

It was drilled in about aftercare at the training and that’s why i am really wanting to make sure that I have an affordable option for my clients as i would rather that they use something that’s intended for the extensions instead of a shop bought product as I know that £40 is just something that allot of clients won’t take up! I just thought that there might be a range of hair extension products out there that weren’t brand specific or that wouldnt compromise the brand of hair that i offer?

just curious as i have noticed that a few extensionists offer maybe 3-4 different brands of extensions, so was wondering if they buy all the different shampoo’s related to that specific brand?

HairPlanet i think look great and would love to hear if anyone has used them and what they think?

I agree on Halo, I had a set put in a year or so ago, even bought their aftercare pack and my hair was like a lions Maine after a few washes!
Just wanted to see if things had improved any?

I do Tanning and lashes also, so I know how important it is to follow the correct aftercare given, but even in the lash and tan world, you don’t have to be brand specific on the products that you use? Just a mind field out there and want to make sure that I am 100% confident before i let myself loose other than family and my poor training head, lol!

Thanks again girls :)

Ok I've seen slot of people say the training is good..x

Also how much is hair is it really that expensive??

How much should people be charging for extensions then??

Xxxxxx

I believe most aftercare is designed to suit the hair type ie Indian/Chinese/ European so I do always tend to use the products from the individual companies as if you do ever have a problem with the hair most companies will not even consider a return if their aftercare hasn't been used. i did have some problems with blondes from Lush but have to say it did end up being my clients lack of aftercare (despite me driving it home to them) I now provide ALL of my clients with a free mini aftercare kit - I know some girls include the big kit in with their fitting price - this way the client has the products without seemingly parting with further cash. i do also think that part of your spiel re: aftercare products will determine whether a client "buys in" to it. The only brand I've ever used which was awful was X 10 - totally dried the hair out. Good Luck xx

I believe most aftercare is designed to suit the hair type ie Indian/Chinese/ European so I do always tend to use the products from the individual companies as if you do ever have a problem with the hair most companies will not even consider a return if their aftercare hasn't been used. i did have some problems with blondes from Lush but have to say it did end up being my clients lack of aftercare (despite me driving it home to them) I now provide ALL of my clients with a free mini aftercare kit - I know some girls include the big kit in with their fitting price - this way the client has the products without seemingly parting with further cash. i do also think that part of your spiel re: aftercare products will determine whether a client "buys in" to it. The only brand I've ever used which was awful was X 10 - totally dried the hair out. Good Luck xx

Where did you buy your mini aftercare kits or did you make them yourself?
thanks x

i get them from lush-us they are about 6.95 with 4 taster bottles in x

What exactly is in the kit?? X

30ml of shampoo, conditioner, protein spray and revitaliser - just enough to get about 4 washes out of. I believe wholeheartedly in selling aftercare to clients as it is really important they use the correct products. If you calculate the weekly cost on a big pack from Lush-us it doesn't work out that expensive, this put into perspective to the client as to what can happen if not used usually is a great selling point. I've used X10 in the past and found this just dried everything out. You could always offer the big pack in with your fitting price or just a shampoo and conditioner, but they really should be revitalising the hair to provide the nutrients it loses once removed from its donor. I find usually clients will invest in aftercare when spending so much on extensions but it also depends on how you put it across - be confident in what you're stating about it - oh yeah and highlight it when doing your consultation too. xx

I too offer a mini after care kit, and a brush with every fitting, I used to us lush kits, but now get my own branded kits from options ltd, and make them up myself, I put it all in a gift bag, with tissue paper and a bow, clients love them! I know companies do say we must use the relevant aftercare for each hair brand, but I know that at least 2 of the extension company's that slot if us geeks use get there's from options : ) xx

That's what is was thinking of doing Endless. How much do you charge for these if I may ask and do most people but these? I'm really trying to drill into my customers about proper aftercare.

That's what is was thinking of doing Endless. How much do you charge for these if I may ask and do most people but these? I'm really trying to drill into my customers about proper aftercare.

Hi,
I include them into the price of a full head fitting, therefore the client is actually paying for it, but unknowingly.
Since doing this all buy one of my clients have gone onto ordering theres from me : )
x

Latest posts

Back