Synthetic Hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divine Locks

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I am thinking of offering synthetic hair extensions for clients who cannot afford to have good quality human hair (I refuse to do cheap n nasty!).

I have heard that there are some very good brands that offer heat resistant synthetic hair which can be treated as human hair and looks very natural.

Do any of you geeks use synthetic hair and if so which brands do you use?

Many thanks
Emma x

You could try thermofibre

I'm not an extensionist but my sister was after a little bit of length and colour adding to her hair for a party so I agreed to give it a go. We ordered some hair from a company that I've used for making synthetic dreadlocks and when it was in we couldn't tell the difference between her hair and the extensions and it stayed that way for the full week she wore them (had to take them out to go back to school!) with no more tangling than her hair. She was able to wash them as normal and then when they dried the loose curl that she had in them came back as good as new. Steam is used to style it rather than dry heat, so it's nice and easy to add curls or straighten it if you buy curly hair but you do need to make sure that hairdryers aren't too hot. It's great though as once you've washed it you can just dry it and the original style is back, no need to mess around with tongs or straighteners.

I have played around with other synthetic hair from various sellers (was a while ago now so I can't remember them all) but this was the only one I've come across that I would be happy having in my own hair purely down to the fact that it looked so natural.

The site has some info that I would assume would be mostly relevant for all hair of this type.

plastikhaar

Thanks for your replies :)

DaniG that website was great, some of the designs looked fantastic, wish my clients would ask for designs like that i'd love working with all those different colours and textures. Thanks for that x

No problem! The colours look even better when they arrive than they do on the site. If you ever give them a go you should try to talk someone into having some of the kirschrot or petrolgrün, they are to die for! Shipping has always been fast with them too, despite them being overseas.

Hi,
Its so refreshing to hear your views on not wanting to use cheap human hair. And looking into synthetics instead.
From a veteran hair-extensions consumer perspective, i d suggest you look into Dome Monofibre. I used to have it done at Antenna for almost 5 years (before I discovered Russian Virgin lol). I genuinely never had any problems with it, so as long as your expectations re their life span etc are realistic, it is a great value solution for those on a budget.
Few months ago I had a 'mini-issue' with my russian hair, so I had a full head of Dome Monofibre for about 6 weeks until I got my human hair sorted, I can honestly say its stil the best synthetic hair Ive come accross, as I was road-testing some Shapeshifter strands from Doctored Locks and Dome was far more superior quality and no tangling.
Hope this helps ;)
Ana.
X

Latest posts

Back