Taking card payments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HandSam Nails

Reaction score
Hi wonder if any of you have any views on which card payment provider you use and how much they charge? I have izettle but didn't get on with it and looking to start taking payments over the phone maybe once a month so don't want a big outlay for it.....Any suggestions????

From when I last looked, I don't think there is much out there that allows us to take payments over the phone with it.

Just an update that might help those looking for card machines!
I've been using worldpay zinc for about a year. I don't like the fact you have to e-mail recipts but apart from that its fine. Does face to face payments, you can take payments over the phone and you can e-mail secure links to people so they can pay an invoice.
The downside is the cost per transaction in high ( 2.75%).

I've been talking to all sorts of providers about conventional PDQ machines. The terminal rental is usually about £12-16 ppm rental, then there is £5 pm PCI compliance then card processing fees. ( all sorts of levels typically 0.4% or 15p debit card, 1.4% credit card ) The time when this cost seems worth it compared to a pay as you go is when card turnover reaches over £1000 -£1500 a month.

The one thing I have found out is that you can get worldpay zinc with a rate of 1.95% if you are a member of babtac. I just found this out and after a certian amount of haggling, they are going to sign me up on the new rate! yay!

I think there are big changes happening in card payment systems at the mo, so anything to delay signing up for a 24 / 36 month contract is welcome. In 3 years time I'm not sure chip and pin machines will exist!

Streamline ( world pay) are going to come out to see me this afternoon about a fixed terminal, so it will be interesting to see what their rates are!
I'll keep you updated when I go through the loop again in a few months time! lol

Hi my salon software system can take payments it might be worth a look for you

I'm on a traditional PDQ, and am considering seeing if I can get it cheaper (had it for 3 years) but I doubt it will be possible! Sigh

Check out this company called Sum up www.sumup.co.uk. So easy to set up compared to all these Banks and payment gateway people. Amazing !!! One off payment and you get your card reader machine quick through the post and the transaction fees are no bad.

Please please do your sums. As @hazelb says, once your turnover reaches a certain amount, a monthly terminal is more cost effective. To me, these fees seem astronomical!

Vic x

Also if you ever want to take payments online in the future you will need a monthly terminal company as these mobile devices won't support you.

PayPal now do a card machine, the money transaction is instant into your PayPal acc,I've downloaded the app, just need to buy the machine, it's about £70

PayPal now do a card machine, the money transaction is instant into your PayPal acc,I've downloaded the app, just need to buy the machine, it's about £70
Is there fees on this?

Hi wonder if any of you have any views on which card payment provider you use and how much they charge? I have izettle but didn't get on with it and looking to start taking payments over the phone maybe once a month so don't want a big outlay for it.....Any suggestions????
I use izettle with my iPad. You can either print or email receipts to your clients. I've been surprised at the amount of clients who prefer the email receipt too! No rental to pay, purely a cost per transaction, so by far cheaper than streamline & several others out there. You do need wifi tho.

Payment first do loŵ rental on machines best so far as for suzi

Latest posts

Back