Taking non refundable deposits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jades Nails

Reaction score
I’ve just become self employed, renting a nail table from a salon. Lately the salon including myself have had no shows, some won’t even bother to give a text to let me know they cannot make the appointment.
I was talking to the owner and she said she is going to start taking deposits for all new clients ( one girl had 3 clients on the morning not show up and didn’t bother letting her know either)
I’m wondering is it acceptable to take deposits through bank transfer personal account. Or should I set up a business bank account. I only work 2-3 days at the moment and it’s the first time I’ve been self employed.
What would you a do?
Thanks xx

I use Shedul. It sends automatic appointment reminders and clients sign up with a credit or debit card. Payment is taken after the appointment.No shows are charged 50% of their appointment total, late cancellations 30%.

Does it cost to use that?

Peanuts via transactions. Well worth it for what you get. I can also you it to run promo offers and it sorts it all out for me.

Hi Jade,

For me, if a client doesn't show up, when they book their next appointment i will ask them to send me a 50% deposit by bank transfer. Which i think is more than fair!

Hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back