Talc or oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ang100

Reaction score
Is talc or oil better for a hollywood hot wax, Im doing a hollywood wax tomorrow and would like to know is it better to use talc or oils as I was taught to use talc but have heard that oils is better and if so what kind of oil is best

Thanks Ang:)

Is talc or oil better for a hollywood hot wax, Im doing a hollywood wax tomorrow and would like to know is it better to use talc or oils as I was taught to use talc but have heard that oils is better and if so what kind of oil is best

Thanks Ang:)

Im not trained in Hollywood waxing, but I recently have become a talc to oil convert! The two I use are by Gigi and Perron Rigot x

Hi, iv always used talc for waxing since training! I would like to try the oil, does it not stop the wax adhering to the hair? how much do you use? thankyou very much1! Emma x

Any light velocity oil such as PR Jasmine Oil or the Berins Jasmine Oil is perfect. Add a couple of drops to the palms of your hands and rub your hands together. You should aim for a very light shimmer on the palms of your hands before applying to the skin. I tend to blot my hands on the couch roll if I think I have got a little too much oil on my hands. Then apply the oil to the skin before applying the wax.

Wipe the oiled hands over the area you are about to wax and if you feel you have applied too much ie the skin looks wet rather than just a glisten, then blot with tissue or couch roll before applying the wax. If you apply the wax and it doesn't sit on the skin right, you will have applied too much oil, so remove the small amount of wax you have applied with as wax strip and blot the skin again before applying the wax to the area. The wax will apply perfectly if you have got the right amount of oil. Too much and it will slip about until you have blotted.

The oil gives a lipid barrier between the hair and the skin so aids in the removal of the wax.

Its a little bit of trial and effort when you first start to use it.. but it becomes 2nd nature in no time at all and it makes so much difference to your treatment, both in comfort to the client and ease of removal to the technician.

Try it, you will be amazed. Its a tip some waxers pick up after working for some time in the industry, and not a skill you will be taught in college. :)

oil every time! Jen is right, I have been qualified for years and only learnt about oil from this forum (thank goodness I found it WHAT a hive of info!) Good luck with your wax.....kx

Oil every time..
Perron Rigot have a range of oils, and they are great to apply before you wax, and again at the end of the treatment with your afterwax cream/gel. Good luck with your Hollywood waxing..
Jack

Wow thankyou for the help :hug: xxx

Latest posts

Back