Tan not taking on legs-help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommabear

Reaction score
Hey geeks

Tanned 4 people last week (my mum, her collegue and my 2 best friends) 1 best friend has come back saying the tan hasnt taken on her legs that well.

They have all showered shaved and moisturised the night before they tan and put nothing on the day there tan was due.
Ive used the same routine with all clients and given same aftercare.

Im trial running LA Tan......love the colour..fade off etc. Just a bit confused as how only one has come back with the tan not taking on her legs.

Any thoughts?

Xx

If it's just the one client it'll be something to either do with her skin or her prep!

I'd say same as Emily 9, if it's just the one out of a group perhaps she didn't exfoliate or used a moisturising shower wash etc.

I would say its down to the client, and not anything youve done. I have very dry skin on my legs, and even if i moisturise/exfoliate in the lead up to having a tan done, it still can be hit and miss on my legs

I have a couple of clients this regularly happens too so I have to give their legs an extra spray.
Have you tanned her before? Xx

From the hairdressing forums ... But whenever I tan it doesn't take as well on my legs just because they're the palest part on my body I guess as I always prep correctly .. When I have spray tans I either get a double spray or one lady would kneel done and do my legs with the spray much closer than the rest .. Both of those seemed to work .. :)

I noticed you mentioned shaving the night before. They are meant to avoid shaving for at least 24 hours before a tan. Could be a factor.

I noticed you mentioned shaving the night before. They are meant to avoid shaving for at least 24 hours before a tan. Could be a factor.

Most companies advise to do any form of hair removal 24 hours before hand

One of my clients' legs don't tan as well as they should, so I ask her to come back in and I respray the legs the next day. Also the back of her upper arms is the same.
I don't charge her any extra as she's a good client ( also gets nails, lashes, waxing etc)
No other salon has offered her this even though it's happened there too.
It's a pain for her and for me, but she's appreciative. ;)

Only time my legs don't take the tan is when I'm pregnant!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks geeks.
Over the years ive been tanning, ive used about 5 different companies, they have all said shaving/waxing/any hair removal should be done at least 24hours before any tanning:)
Thanks geeks. I may just respray her legs once ive done the rest of her an see how she goes xx

I have a couple of clients this regularly happens too so I have to give their legs an extra spray.
Have you tanned her before? Xx

Yes. I tanned her in my old salon an she had a reaction to the tan (we think! terrible itching a few hours after and due to her scratching she scratched a lot of tan off lol) patch tested this one an she was fine.

The rest of her was perfect, just not her legs :-s
She has patchy skin anyway so im always cautious tanning her

Xx

When I trained with La Tan I was told not to moisturise just shave and exfoliate 24 hrs prior. Moisturising acts as a barrier x

When I trained with La Tan I was told not to moisturise just shave and exfoliate 24 hrs prior. Moisturising acts as a barrier x
I would say don't moisturizer . It is a barrier. Maybe she put too much moisturizer on her legs.

Latest posts

Back