Tan on carpet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notsonewgeek

Lisa x
Reaction score
hi guys

I had a slights spillage on a clients carpet the other night :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. I feel awful and most seem to come out on the night but it obviously developed overnight.

Any ideas or is it just an insurance job?

hi guys

I had a slights spillage on a clients carpet the other night :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. I feel awful and most seem to come out on the night but it obviously developed overnight.

Any ideas or is it just an insurance job?

Logically if tan fades through the washing of skin it might apply to carpets.

My heart goes out to you as I had a similar experience last year and insurance or no insurance its just horrible.

But worst case scenario contact your insurance company

Having said that have you contacted the manufacturer to see what they say about removal, it might be a simple as a couple of flushes of soap and water.

Nightmare! I think you would have a job to get it out of carpet, although saying that I have got it on my clothes before and its washed out ok. I expect a lot depends on what the carpet is made of. Your tan company may be able to advise you.

I have a polti steam cleaner and it has got my few drip spills onto the carpet out a treat. It may vary from brand to brand as to how easy this is, I'm not sure, but I use Tantrick and it comes out a treat. Just check with your insurance policy as these days they tend to want you to use a protective sheet to make sure any spills don't go on the carpet - this applies to nails as well.

Just heading into the world of tanning and this is one of my fears, you've got my sympathies hun, i know the local laundrette to me hires out steam carpet cleaners for £25 a day maybe something like that would get it out,i would say keep in contact with the client hopefully you can work something out between you, good luck xxx

Thanks guys :hug: .

Clients has already used Vanish and their own carpet cleaner on it - but no luck.

What do you reckon to lash tint remover? Is this just a mild form on bleach? I'm worried I might make it worse.

I'll call supplier and insurance tomorrow to check all details.

Don't think your insurance will cover you for that...read your small print...I know I wouldn't be covered in your circumstances with my insurance!

I squirted St Tropez lotion on my carpet accidently - got my client out the road and then used the St Tropez tan remover and it came out a treat.

Latest posts

Back