Tan Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautynails

Reaction score
Is it possible to remove or tone down a fake tan. My daughter has put it on her face and now has an orange nose and chin.

It's mancine tanning lotion (pro brand, retail product) if that makes any difference.

I'd say try a good exfoliator, or a hot wet flannel

xxx

I know you can get tan removing towellettes in the chemist, but not sure if they work well or not.
Marion x

The best product to use to remove a tan is Dove products as it contains alpha hydroxyl acids which removes it completely, if she only wants to tone it down then i guess some light foundation may help.x

Hi, it its already completed its development time, there isn't alot you can do. She can try

Exfoliating
Using a Facial toner

But make sure she is being gentle.

hth

Try an oil based make-up remover hun, this should remove it for her :hug:

Try an oil based make-up remover hun, this should remove it for her :hug:
WOuld jojoba oil be ok, o should I go for something heavier? I've probably got some macadamia oil somewhere, or else dry skin cleanser.

I do have pro strength AHA solutions too if that would help. It wouldn't hurt her to have a peel anyway.

Any oil based product should break it down and remove it hun hth

She's normal again. Well as normal as she's ever going to be.:lol:
Gave her face a very thorough cleanse with jojoba and a good exfolliation and no more orange tan lines.

Why she doesn't ask for help is beyond me. :irked:Stubborn teenagers.:lol:

She's normal again. Well as normal as she's ever going to be.:lol:
Gave her face a very thorough cleanse with jojoba and a good exfolliation and no more orange tan lines.

Why she doesn't ask for help is beyond me. :irked:Stubborn teenagers.:lol:

Glad you got that problem sorted out..there are a number of commercial brands out there specifically developed for this problem...probably a bit of an over kill for private use however for salon use you could have a tub available as a standby..pleanty out there ..one brand that comes to mind is called "cleartan"..we have them in stock however their own website is www.saloncaresupplies.com

By the way which one in your aviator is your daughter:)

Thanks collin. That's good info to have, I might decide to start tanning one of these days.

:) She is the one wearing my blue dress. :lol:

good long bath fades mine every time, shaving the legs always makes mine whte again, and of course an exfoliator

itl fade in no time...then itl be a nice colour

just a tip for next time

best fake tan EVER make believe self tan
BEST EVER smells divine, no streaks, no orange, just a soft glow.£30 but well worth it, they do it in boots..

good long bath fades mine every time, shaving the legs always makes mine whte again, and of course an exfoliator

just a tip for next time

BEST EVER smells divine, no streaks, no orange, just a soft glow.£30 but well worth it, they do it in boots..

Thanks hun, but we don't have boots. Even if we had it in Australia it would n't be near me. I'm in the sticks :lol:.

just a tip for next time

Shaving does that for me also... thankfully I am not talking about legs here:lol:

Thanks collin. That's good info to have, I might decide to start tanning one of these days.

:) She is the one wearing my blue dress. :lol:
Glad you cleared that one up for me as its hard to tell.....odd i never looked as good wearing my mum's dress:lol::lol::lol:

Just wondering if all these thing remove your tan, how are you meant to keep it. I've only ever done fake tans if I've got something special at the start of summer (I can't help picking up a tan once the sun comes out), but I use jojoba oil every day & what if you go for a massage?:confused:

Last edited:
Glad you cleared that one up for me as its hard to tell.....odd i never looked as good wearing my mum's dress:lol::lol::lol:
:lol:pMSL

Latest posts

Back