Tanners - who tans you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil'Gem

Reaction score
Been debating who's going to spray me once I officially start trading- my Mum or Husband? I'm not sure I'm keen on either to be honest! I think my Mum will panic and dither and I know my Husband won't listen and we will end up arguing! Ha ha:Scared:

So I wondered who you get to tan you?

Me! I, week in week out spray myself in front of a tall mirror. But... if its for an occassion i will spray myself and get my mum/ boyfriend to check as i spary my back/ legs.
good luck! :hug::wink2:

Hiya! I've had the sister, mother and boyfriend all spray me and the boyfriend came out the best! Right perfectionist he is! My mum has done me 3 times and awful each time I wanted to cry as her last attempt missed the side of my face?! Even though I turned my head to each side to get sprayed?!

It's difficult but they do need to practice, I always let my bf do it from now lol! Good luck! xx

Rachel- Maybe worth a try but I'm not the most flexable to be honest and I could do without missed white patches or dislocated shoulder! I do use the mousse already so might not be as bad as I think.

Amy- HILARIOUS!!! It would be world war 3 if my Mum did that.

I would have asked my sister but she has moved over 100 miles away so not practical. I'm probably being a bit harsh on them both but I can already see the disasters unfolding in my mind!

My lovely bf spray tans me and he is fab at it :) although when he first did me I was screaming at him,he kept going over the same spots etc was funny though but now he is nearly as good as me :) x he says it is just like spraying a fence or a car haha x

Hubby - he's great at it :)

My hubby does mine he's great but I am very pale at the mo due to the long hours hehas been working. :(

One of the hairdressers at work sprays me, I made her practice on a bit of paper first lol. She's quite good though, I do talk her through step by step. Not sure I would let my bf do it as he probably wouldn't care if I was patchy!
Rhiannon x

I let my boyfriend spray me... at first he said it was just like spraying a car & we argued, and when I woke up the next day he could see where he was going wrong (unfortunately for me!), the next time, he listened to me, and now is great at it!

I spray myself too! Although the thought of blasting urself when it's freezing is horrible!!

I still to this day have never had a spray tan! I've trialled new tans on my own legs but I've never had a full body tan.. So I'm always lilly White!! Not a good luck lol x

Well looks like the men are doing a good job! Hubby said its just like spraying a car which is why I wasn't keen on letting him loose with a spray gun!

Mrs C your going to have to loose the tanning V! Maybe go and have a undercover nose at your competition whilst getting beautifully bronzed (hopefully not orange)! Mind u after reading this post you might be brave enough to let ur OH do it!

Just can't imagine my hubby spray tanning hahahahahahahaha:D

I've literally just had my boyf tan me.....he was excellent!! I am slightly worried he is going to become my biggest competition! He he he!

I would love to do my own.....but HOW do you do it?! Any tips would be greatly recieved :D

xx

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Oh I get my hubby to tan me, hes really good but gets a bit lazy sometimes and leans/bends down to do my legs rather than kneels down to do them evenly - but beggers cant be choosers haha ! Looks ok though, he does a good job working for free ! x

I bet all the BF/Husbands would never admit to it doing it though! Haha its like a undercover army of reluctant male tanners!

I'm another one that gets the boyfriend to tan me. He is actually really god at it now.

The first attempt was an experience we would both rather forget. I am naturally soo pale it's scarey and on his first attempt with an 8% solution he made me look stupid. My face was way too dark, my legs had no colour below the knee (cause he didn't bend down to spray them), my wrists were orange and I had tan on my palms (not from touching mysefl from him spraying me :rolleyes:).

When he saw the results of his efforts even he was a little disapointed. After I explained how to avoid the negaitive things happening again he did listen (thankfully :lol:) and since then he is doing much better tans. My last tan (with the new LA Fast tan) came out perfectly. Not one problem, my wrists were great, I had a beautiful colour all over. I was soo happy with the tan I wished it was warmer out so I didn't have to cover most of it up to go out lol.

Myself :)

Backs of legs. Front of legs and feet, back, front, face and neck, arms then hands

I'm soooooo very glad no one is their to see me do it though. I beg it's absolutely hilarious to watch! Especially when it comes to to doing your own back. MAN is that a test of flexibility lol. Xx

I wish I could tan myself I haven't actually tried but. Worry with all the bending etc it would look awful. Also that I would do it to close as well

My hubby to be does me but I have not had a tan since October THAT'S SO BAD ISN'T IT

My lovely BF sprays me and he is amazing! He does horticulture for a living and spraying turf is something he does regularly, so i just explained to him it's the exact same, basically joining up the areas and not over spraying, spray too much over the same area on the turf it will ruined it, spray too much tanning solution over the same area of skin will ruin it lol

He's a natural and tans me all the time :)

I let my mum spray me once and she was so sure she knew what to do because she had watched me so i didnt tell her what to do because she was like 'how hard can it be' ! I set the gun for her ect.. But she was moving too slow so i ended up full of solution i could see drops of it on my arms ect haha! My legs turned out fine but my top half was a complete mess haha!

Latest posts

Back