Tanning advice....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarbabe

Reaction score
Just had a one of my St Tropez ladies in for her top up and am kicking myself for treating her.

She is 17 and even though I gave her the appropriate preparation and aftercare advice, she clearly didn't follow it. She is extremely pale so when she exfoliates it is quite a contrast, and as she had been on holiday before she came for her initial tan, the skin on her chest had obviously had quite a lot of sun exposure.

So fast forward 6 days and her chest has peeled (due to insufficient exfoliation before first spray tan) and she wanted me to spray over the top to try and even it out. Also where here legs had faded she had used a cheapo fake tan which had coloured them bright orange - I have never seen such a mess.

I felt sorry for her because she really looked a state, and patched her up as best I could, but now I'm worried that when people ask where she got her tan, she will say I did it!"!!! I did give her some very very clear instructions about preparation, and not topping up with tango tan, and offered to start her again next week when hopefully she will have done a correct preparation.

But ultimately I think I should have sent her away to do a thorough exfoliation today and retreated her over the weekend. Although if that was the case she would still have had another day wandering round looking horrendous - so it was sort of a damage limitation exercise....!

What do you guys think?

sugarbabe said:
But ultimately I think I should have sent her away to do a thorough exfoliation today and retreated her over the weekend. Although if that was the case she would still have had another day wandering round looking horrendous - so it was sort of a damage limitation exercise....!

What do you guys think?

Hi Sugarbabe

I guess you know what you should have suggested to your client and whilst she may not have liked being sent away to exfoliate properly, or give it a few days to even out, it is worth it in the long run.

Clients don't always listen to your advice, but they have to understand there is a two way contract going on here to achieve their wonderful tans, they have to do their prep you spray their tan on, but they then also need to maintain their tans to get the best results.

I know there are many who just don't do their prep and then don't moisturising following their treatments.

If I have unprepped clients come in, I will use Sluffwipes to do an on the spot exfoliation, they are great for removing flaking skin, make up, deoderant, old residue tan etc etc. Whilst they can be costly, the odd one or two used on an unprepped client can make all the difference in the tan! They are £13.95 + VAT for a cannister but well worth every penny!

Best wishes

Mandy

tantrick think of everything!
Spray 2 Go said:
Hi Sugarbabe

I guess you know what you should have suggested to your client and whilst she may not have liked being sent away to exfoliate properly, or give it a few days to even out, it is worth it in the long run.

Clients don't always listen to your advice, but they have to understand there is a two way contract going on here to achieve their wonderful tans, they have to do their prep you spray their tan on, but they then also need to maintain their tans to get the best results.

I know there are many who just don't do their prep and then don't moisturising following their treatments.

If I have unprepped clients come in, I will use Sluffwipes to do an on the spot exfoliation, they are great for removing flaking skin, make up, deoderant, old residue tan etc etc. Whilst they can be costly, the odd one or two used on an unprepped client can make all the difference in the tan! They are £13.95 + VAT for a cannister but well worth every penny!

Best wishes

Mandy

Latest posts

Back