Tanning dots on legs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megfar33

Reaction score
A client gets dots on her legs unsure of why and how but after tanning they are noticeable. Has anyone else had this problem and do you have any tips? Thanks x

Could she be shaving on the same day of the tan? If she is the pores will stil be open and so the tan will get in x

It sounds like the tan is getting into her pores.

If she is waxing/shaving before her tan she needs to leave more time so the pores can close up.

I have been told that running/splashing cold water over the area will help to close the pores so even if she is not waxing or tanning she could try the cold water tactic a short while before tanning to see if it helps eliminate the problem.

She is shaving them 24 hours before her tan like I was taught, but ill definitely try the cold water. Thanks ladies! :) x

Also, is she exfoliating thoroughly?

I get that anyway and I wax so my pores are left usually a week to close up after my last wax before I have a tan, and i exfoliate etc but still get them! Guess some people just have large pores lol x

I have this problem and I shaved 3 days before my tan and exfoliated night before and I still got dots :-( can any geeks give me anymore advice please doesnt look good when im trying to advertise my business :-( thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

It's just down to your pores like the pores on your face everyone has different sizes. Some people have small pores some have larger. If they are larger the tan will show that more. I don't know if there is much you can do except make sure you exfoliate and try different brands as maybe the one you use already its exfoliating enough. And keep everything well moisturised :)

Thank you I will try changing my exfoliate

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

No problem let us know how you get on :)

Latest posts

Back