Tanning fee?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhatanning

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I've been having a "discussion" with a friend and she thinks that I'm charging too much for my Sienna X spray tan, My fee is £20 ... I'm mobile and frankly do a darn good job (client feedback)

I've checked with other Salons and Mobile spray tanners and they all charge more than me!!

My friend thinks I should charge £15....What do you guys think?

Ashley
DHA Tanning

I'm mobile with Sienna x and £20 is what I charge. When I went for the training the trainer said to charge no less that. I don't get any complaints about the price so if your clients are happy I would stay with what your charging.

Hi Guys,

So I've been having a "discussion" with a friend and she thinks that I'm charging too much for my Sienna X spray tan, My fee is £20 ... I'm mobile and frankly do a darn good job (client feedback)

I've checked with other Salons and Mobile spray tanners and they all charge more than me!!

My friend thinks I should charge £15....What do you guys think?

Ashley
DHA Tanning

Hi Ashley

If you charge £20 and you get clients at that rate then there is no reason to lower your prices.

Thanks guys, yeah I said to her I don't think I should change but she was insistent that I do! Haha we're both stubborn

Ashley
DHA Tanning

Ignore your friend, you use a good product & have traveling time & fuel to take in to account. Xx

Stick to your guns chick :) I charge £25.00 for mobile using Sienna X and I even sometimes get tips of up to £5.00 so people are paying up to £30.00 with not a blink of an eyelid. I'm based in London so it is more pricey here however people will pay more if you are good at what you do and give a fab service ;) xx

Hey HollyVictoria,

haha thanks! ahh wow, yeah I will stick to £20, I'm good at what I do so why not!! ;)

Ashley
DHA Tanning

Really pleased to read this thread - I too am trained with Sienna X and intend to charge £20 mobile - I know some salons near me charge only £15 but I'm sticking to my guns!

Lol thanks saying I'm stubborn!!!

Haha km_beauty it's true we are ;) take it as a compliment, see you at work wally xx

I charge £25 mobile for Nouvatan. Been doing this for 2 months and I'm as busy as I would like to be at the moment. I am also in London. A friend who I trained with priced her tans lower and she has been getting a lot of cheeky calls haggling on her prices. I have so far only had lovely clients who appreciate the fact that I'm travelling to them. I have also started to get a few regulars now so I must be doing something right! You stick to your guns and take no notice of well meaning "friends"

Ah that's really good that you're getting regulars! Yeah when they know that you do a great job they'll pay that little bit extra. How are you finding Novuatan? Someone else mentioned that they're good! These guns are sticking ;)

Ash

Oh by the way apologies for calling you chick haha! I just saw your profile pic and realised chick prob wasn't the most appropriate word lol ;) my bad haha!

haha, don't worry about it! :p x

Stick to your price :) Your friend probably wants a good deal and to get cheaper than a salon!
Also solution isn't cheap as you probably know!
If your good, and you get people wanting your service, charge the £20! :)

Good Luck! :)

Yeah, I stick to £20, it's a great solution and it's not cheap as you said haha! Thanks guys! X

Ashley
DHA Tanning

Charge what you are worth! If you do a great job and use a quality product then as one big brand would say "you're worth it!". The clients who always want the cheapest, will always be chasing the lowest prices. There will be no loyalty with these guys. You get what you pay for. Loyal clients will pay your going rate, it's all about trust in you and what you do.

Yeah I've noticed that haha, people just want cheap. But that's not me, I do a bang up job and have a quality soultion brand so yeah I'm worth it ;)

Ashley
DHA Tanning

Latest posts

Back