Tantrik Tanning Question!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyathome

Reaction score
Hi all i did a tan yesterday at 1pm, the lady rang me up today at 9 in the morning saying she just washed it off and she said she looked like she been tangoed :eek: 'before she washed it off she said the tan looked nice'
ive never had this before and i have asked her to come and see me at 4 today and really don't know what to say :irked:
the tanning i use is tantriks, the colour of her skin naturally was a 3-4, i put her a 10% DHA and have done this in the past and everyone was fine with it 'like i say never had this before and i have done a lot of tans'. I spoke to collin and he was great gave lots of advise but i still feel that i could do with salon or therapist experiance on the matter. Also she has asked me to remove that tan and for the love of god i really don't know how to do this. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
thank you:)

As I mentioned when we spoke earlier today..due to the fact this customer has never had a spraytan before it would be well worth your while to ask her to pop in and see you so you can see for yourself.

I also suspect that having taken a shower fairly soon after being sprayed that the initial colour dye had washed off and that the DHA hasn't fully developed as yet.
Best is to get her back in and have a look for yourself.
good lck and please feel free to let me know if you require any further assistance.

To remove a full body tan is going to be considerably hard work so you really are best to look at the customer first and talk things through.:hug:

Hi all i did a tan yesterday at 1pm, the lady rang me up today at 9 in the morning saying she just washed it off and she said she looked like she been tangoed :eek: 'before she washed it off she said the tan looked nice'
ive never had this before and i have asked her to come and see me at 4 today and really don't know what to say :irked:
the tanning i use is tantriks, the colour of her skin naturally was a 3-4, i put her a 10% DHA and have done this in the past and everyone was fine with it 'like i say never had this before and i have done a lot of tans'. I spoke to collin and he was great gave lots of advise but i still feel that i could do with salon or therapist experiance on the matter. Also she has asked me to remove that tan and for the love of god i really don't know how to do this. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
thank you:)

How many times did you spray over her Katya? 10% is a dark solution and you may have applied too much solution on the skin in this instance and your client might have reacted to the dha, once over may have been fine.. but double spraying could have caused the orange look.

All she can do now is to bathe if possible rather than shower, and gently exfoliate in the darker areas whilst it is still a relatively new tan, most of it will lift in the first two days. Also she can apply an oil based solution to exfoliate as the oil will aid in stripping the tan.

Suggest she exfoliates and moisturises her skin for the next few days and then the tan will have lifted. Remind her it is a temporary cosmetic procedure and the tan will only last a few days.

Don't let this knock your confidence with your solution, like you say you do loads and they are fine as a rule. We all get the odd client that isn't the 'norm' when it comes to treatments.. this is what happens when we deal with the human being.. there is always one exception to the rule.

Good luck :hug:

Just in case she doent like the tan and wants it removed how would i go about it ?
once again thank you

As I mentioned when we spoke earlier today..due to the fact this customer has never had a spraytan before it would be well worth your while to ask her to pop in and see you so you can see for yourself.

I also suspect that having taken a shower fairly soon after being sprayed that the initial colour dye had washed off and that the DHA hasn't fully developed as yet.
Best is to get her back in and have a look for yourself.
good lck and please feel free to let me know if you require any further assistance.

To remove a full body tan is going to be considerably hard work so you really are best to look at the customer first and talk things through.:hug:

Just in case she doent like the tan and wants it removed how would i go about it ?
once again thank you

Get her back first and have a look for yourself as to what you think...if she is adament that she want's to remove the tan then follow the directions Jen has given you above.

When we spoke..did you mention that you were using 50ml per spray..if so and as suggested try turning your gun down and spraying a little less each time you do a tan until you reach the optimum tan result with the least liquid used....dont try and reduce all at once otherwise you could knock your confidence...turn one notch down and see how you go..then another notch and you will get there.....:hug:

thank you well wish me luck she will be here in 10 minutes, i just hope its not as bad as she is making out to be. Iv'e sprayed a lighter girl with a 10% and went over twice and she never looked orange. anyway thank you and ill get back to you on this one so people can learn of me :green:

thank you well wish me luck she will be here in 10 minutes, i just hope its not as bad as she is making out to be. Iv'e sprayed a lighter girl with a 10% and went over twice and she never looked orange. anyway thank you and ill get back to you on this one so people can learn of me :green:

Good luck :hug:

well she has just gone, her tan looked really nice and not orange at all 'unlike what she said when she rang me up' she stated that she looked like she been tangoed' not the case, when she arrived she said she loved her tan but on the wrist and ankle and feet it maybe have been a tad heavy, learned from my mistake told her to soak her feet and gently exfoliate the dark areas with an oil based product, and it should lift within 2 days. And i have offered her a free spray tan next time.
a question now: ANY ADVICE WHEN I AM SPRAYING AM I COMING OFF AT THE WRISTS TO SLOW?? OR ANY OTHER REASON. AND AS FOR THE FEET I HAVE APPLIED IT TO HEAVY??
sorry for the bombarding of the questions its still my learning period, not had to deal with clients like this before.
Thanks collin and Jen :hug:

well she has just gone, her tan looked really nice and not orange at all 'unlike what she said when she rang me up' she stated that she looked like she been tangoed' not the case, when she arrived she said she loved her tan but on the wrist and ankle and feet it maybe have been a tad heavy, learned from my mistake told her to soak her feet and gently exfoliate the dark areas with an oil based product, and it should lift within 2 days. And i have offered her a free spray tan next time.
a question now: ANY ADVICE WHEN I AM SPRAYING AM I COMING OFF AT THE WRISTS TO SLOW?? OR ANY OTHER REASON. AND AS FOR THE FEET I HAVE APPLIED IT TO HEAVY??
sorry for the bombarding of the questions its still my learning period, not had to deal with clients like this before.
Thanks collin and Jen :hug:

See.. clients can exaggerate... well done for keeping calm. Not sure I would have offered here a full freeby tho, maybe a discount for her next one. But heyho.. that's up to you :hug:

Ok.. wrists... spray all the way down the arm like you were shown and come off at a Y shape just above the wrists at each pass.. never go onto the wrist area. Hands.. you are whisping the solution up the soft claw hand 3 or 4 passes and slightly more away than the arm distance. Light and quick is the key.

Feet.. same as arms.. down the legs off at a Y above the ankles... all the way around. Light soft whisping on the insides, outsides, front of feet. Spray a quicker and lighter in these areas and pull back a little from the area whilst spraying.

Is that any help to you Katya? :hug:

see I told you that it was a case of first ever tan and the colour was "in the eyes of the beholder"...glad you have made her happy now.
Try turning that gun down and spraying less...it really will work for you.

Do let us know if you require any further help :hug:

Thank you for your help, if it wasn't for you both i don't think i would of known how to deal with her, as for the freeby yes you are right but when i thought of it it was to late, next time it will be a discount. Oh well, lesson learned and new experiance. Thank you :hug:

i normally go round the sides of thumbs, little fingers and under wrists with couch roll to buff off any solution that might have got on there and blend in nicely if it has, I was shown this in my training :) glad it wasnt as bad as you feared! x

i normally go round the sides of thumbs, little fingers and under wrists with couch roll to buff off any solution that might have got on there and blend in nicely if it has, I was shown this in my training :) glad it wasnt as bad as you feared! x

I agree Sherrie.. I also wipe nails and wrists plus the palms of the hands to wipe off any solution that might have got there unintentionally. :hug:

oh yeah and nails lol, forgot them! :green:

oh yeah and nails lol, forgot them! :green:

Hello,

I noticed from your website (jaffacake) that you are a sienna girl - what did you think of them. What machine did you purchase. Do you think it is worth training this late in the year?

Sorry bombarding you with questions!:confused: It is nice to ask a fellow therapist advice though!

i've PM'd you :green:

thank you good idea i will do that now, well! done more tans and people have been happy and more booked in through word of mouth so can't be doing that bad. thank you for all your help your great xx :hug:

Latest posts

Back