Tattoo advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 7 tattoos and most of mine flaked as well. Really panicky when you don't know it's ok! Although I'm a bit naughty and rarely put cream on any of mine! I know that's bad and I in no way recommend it but it didn't affect any of mine and I only used it if they were a bit itchy. I'm dying to get another one but don't know what to get :) x

I have a sleeve, full back, stomach, neck and well, im pretty covered; i used Preparation H on mine daily; i kept the cling film on initially for 4 hours then smothered in prep h, never scabbed and look very good now.

I am unsure if any of you have tried it but i used to find it great.

Sorry girls only just seen the rest of the replies. Nice to know it doesn't matter if it doesn't hurt! It's still flaking quite badly (which wasnt helped yesterday at my dads surprise party and all the drunks grabbing my arm/cuddling me arghhhh!) I'm concerned about the white areas though as the white flecks have really faded and look a bit blurred now - is that normal too? Will they brighten up again when it's healed properly? It will be 2 weeks this Thursday so do you think it's worth going back to the shop and getting them to look at it? Don't wanna look like I'm moaning over nothing if its all gonna go back to normal in the end!

Thanks for all your help - wow what a cool lot you are on here ;) x

If you're worried about it just pop into the shop and ask what they think. Least it will put you're mind at rest.

I'm thinking of getting this tattoo (number 8!!) on my ribs. The crow is my favourite film, weird I know!! What do you guys think? Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367751682.173739.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367751682.173739.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 60
Your* stupid iPhone!! X

If you're worried about it just pop into the shop and ask what they think. Least it will put you're mind at rest.

I'm thinking of getting this tattoo (number 8!!) on my ribs. The crow is my favourite film, weird I know!! What do you guys think? Xxx

You don't think the white fading is normal then? Everyone keeps telling me white fades fast but surely not after 10 days!

Oh I love that tattoo. I'd maybe ask for the "r" to look more like an r though as it looks like "nain" lol

I'd like more too but am too old now so will just admire everyone else's :)
My daughter is 16 and desperately wants one, she loves my dandelion and is thinking of a matching one on her shoulder saying "wish". How old do you have to be now? Do you need I.D.? My tattoo shop is really strict coz when I was in there a woman who'd quite clearly had a drink came in and they refused to ink her as they don't ink anyone who's consumed alcohol.

I'm sure it's fine hun just to put you're mind at rest! Yeah that's what I was thinking, I'll need to wait until payday before I can get it :(. You need to be 18 to get one but I got my first one at 16 because my mum was with me so maybe if you go with her she could get it.

You're never to old for another one :) xxx

I think you will need to take something to bite down on - that will hurt, like hell :D

Oh I know I'm terrified! I've already got 7 and I've given birth but im still scared! I don't imagine it will take long to do though. Well I hope!! :) xx

My sisters just had a quote and her 3 girls names inked on her ribs and she said it was excruciating and she's good with pain! Are ribs the most painful part to ink?

Yeah I've heard it's meant to be the most painful place. I'm thinking there or on my thigh. I really want it on my ribs but I don't want one to chicken out of it! Xx

My sisters just had a quote and her 3 girls names inked on her ribs and she said it was excruciating and she's good with pain! Are ribs the most painful part to ink?

On bone is the most painful; with the sensitive skin you have around your ribs just makes it even more so.

The least painful place is always the one with the most muscle.

The least painful place is always the one with the most muscle.

No wonder mine never hurt on my fat arm then hahaha

Haha maybe I should get it on my stomach then :) xxx

Haha maybe I should get it on my stomach then :) xxx

That hurts like hell too lol When i had mine done i sat for 4 hours feeling like my bladder was being stabbed.

I thought the my tattoo on my ribs was one of the least painful i've had. Was expecting it to be conpkete torture but was pleasantly surprised xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

All of mine hurt like crap but the worst was my foot. Felt like she was scraping bone.

I just had my back finished on Friday. I love it but it hurrrrrrts. I feel like the skin on my back's been scraped off. Owwies.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I've got 8 and haven't found any of mine that painful! If I was to pick one, it would be my left foot although my right foot was fine! I've got them down my spine, across ribs both sides , hip, chest and bicep

My fella just had his latest tattoo addition done last week and TBH there wasnt much flaking he was advised to use soap & water to wash it with & then put bepanthen on & wrap with cling film for 3 days so that it absorbs it & the results now are amazing :D

Nice work:) My husband would appreciate this. He is all tattooed up and his rotweiler passed away about a yr ago.

Latest posts

Back