Tattoo studio

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lise

Reaction score
iv been asked if i want to go in partnership today from an old friend of mine,he is opening a third shop and wants me to come in and do nails an beauty,advice plz do you think the two combined would work,imagine nici relaxing massage with the sound of buzzing from tattoo gun next door,maybe i could always turn music up lol

Maybe it would be good if you wanted to attract a younger or more "alternative" clientele? Probably best to turn the music up though, like you say :)

Honestly you would be turning the music up to drown out the weird goth, scream yaya yayayayayayayayaayy music they have on !!!!

belieive me I do the books for a tattoist and its not the buzzing from the gun you need worry about !!!!

But honestly i think if advertised well it could work, generally a tattoo sitting is @ 1/2 to 2/3 hours so bored boyfriends /girlfriends hanging around.................

I would probably opt for waxing services, manicures, enhancements, massages as opposed to facials..............................

I think its a great idea, dead cool. I thought about this as my secret job wish list was headed up by Tattoo Artist. Give it a try.

hey peeps thanx for posts,yea may work and where i live he has good reputation and even works on celebs not that i can name tho,dont think i have any thing to lose but what with clients screaming having tattoo,s and clients having delicate areas waxed for first time lol might be some unusal noises from the building

het catsaremad woman have to say your post gave me the giggles,how does goths go lol yayayayayaya,your funny got tears the lot,maybe i should get out more..oh an ruth was this about body painting would luv to have that done,soooo cool

het catsaremad woman have to say your post gave me the giggles,how does goths go lol yayayayayaya,your funny got tears the lot,maybe i should get out more..oh an ruth was this about body painting would luv to have that done,soooo cool

Oh cool, another potential model to paint! Yes, I have bodypainted quite a few people over the past 10 years; there are some pics in my gallery on here I think; haven't done *that* much for ages though as I have been really busy on other things - hopefully if all goes to plan I will get back into it in a big way later on in the year...

Hello I think this is a fantastic idea!!! I would jump at the chance of something like this very different and will get people talking xxxx

Just had another though too... the tattooist could refer clients to you for waxing treatments, so they could come in for a wax a couple of days or so before they get their tattoo... thus giving the tattooist nice hair-free skin to work with :)

Honestly chick they listen to some weird stuff, its all screaming and guitars..............its enough to give you a migraine lol !!!! and dont expect heating...... they all think that frosty the snowman is a good thing brrrrrr

But in saying that they are the nicest bunch out all mad as hatters and would not think twice about being a model for intimate waxing lol !!!

Whats the funniest is seeing the butch men get on the chair and throwing whiteys he he he :eek:

I would love the idea of having a tattoo then nipping into for some treatments. I am covered in tats so yep it would definelty work for me as a potential client.

There is a tattoo shop near me and upstairs they have a beauty room and you have to walk through the tattoo shop to go upstairs to the beauty room but it works well

iv been asked if i want to go in partnership today from an old friend of mine,he is opening a third shop and wants me to come in and do nails an beauty,advice plz do you think the two combined would work,imagine nici relaxing massage with the sound of buzzing from tattoo gun next door,maybe i could always turn music up lol

He must think the combination would work if he has suggested it to you. It's definitely worth doing some research. Is there any possibility of crossover between his clients and yours or would it just be a good location for you?

I did it, so did Angel fingers, we both got on well there, same place different times :lol: We just had issues with the owner, long story:smack:
The tattooists and body piercers had cubicles at the back of the shop and we had a nail table at the front by the window.
I wish I was there now, I'd make a killing with minx. All the goth crowd would love the skull pattens.
We had quiet a good mix of music going, yes there was some heavy metal, but we also played a fare bit of Bowie, queen etc.
While I was there we also had a beauty therepist, three days a week and when she was doing massage etc then the music was a lot more chilled out, it was amazing how many of the hairy a**ed biker lot would be able to tell us about more chill out music that they'd picked up at biker fests etc.
My clients by the way were from 15 year old chavs right the way through to a 72 year old great gran ma who had her weekly manicure and all points in between. I found it to be a very upbeat place to work, always busy and everyone, except the owner, to be very friendly and helpful.

hey geeks i think it may work and its five minutes from my house and he has a great business head,iv got a meeting nxt week so i,ll let you know how it goes,im excited already lol x

thanx for post cathie,im getting excited about it all its just the waiting game at mo coz iv been searching for salon job for while now,iv not got the insentive doing mobile,i like the comings and goings,chit chat and working as a team,hope he gets his finger out lol

Latest posts

Back