Tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care if someone likes my tats or not...they are a part of me!!!
Love me...love my tattoos!!:lol:
AND they are as private as I decide to make them as they are on my back and hip.
I have another on my right shoulder of a dolphin and background too but no pic atm sorry x

LOVE your mermaid! :Love: and the fairy :green:

I got 13/14 tattoos and debating on mi next one. I have one on each foot two on ankle, arm band, and rest on back lol. Love em and wouldn't change or get rid of em :)

I do have one in my lower leg, quite large but stays hidden, i don't really think people think any less of you for having it, except when it comes to extremes...

I have 2 tat's one on my shoulder and one on my lower back, looking to get a 3rd memorial tat done on the back of my neck! They are very addictive when you get started :green:

I don't care if someone likes my tats or not...they are a part of me!!!
Love me...love my tattoos!!:lol:
AND they are as private as I decide to make them as they are on my back and hip.
I have another on my right shoulder of a dolphin and background too but no pic atm sorry x

I love the one going up your back. It's beautiful! x

A big thanks to you all for sharing! I have made up my mind and am definitely going to get one. Still haven't a clue which one lol I like the idea of getting a temp one first. I will find the one I want and see if the tattooist wouldn't mind just drawing it on for me.
Your tatts are all amazing!! xxx

hi

i have 5 tattoo's. Stomach, lower back, ankle, wrist and foot. i was also told in tech that a visible tattoo would affect you getting a job in the industry but i can hide mine so i dont exactly know how a salon would react.

i now work for myself so i got the tattoo's on my foot and wrist about 3 weeks ago. i sort of got the tattoo's, thinking that if a needed to work somewhere in the future i could still hide them eg. wear socks for the foot and a watch for my wrist.

so also think about could you hide them if needed. as with the credit crunch you may lose your job (hope it never comes to that) and may need to find somewhere else to work.

my ankle tattoo and foot tattoo are on the same leg and i wish i had of got the foot tattoo on the other foot because to me they don't look right - like ive too much on the one leg and im afraid to wear 3/4 lengths because of what i think of it lol but def think carefully.

hope it all goes well and let us know the outcome xxxxx

Does anyone know if i can get a pink one? Just pink with no black? I'm guessing it could fade but thats cool. If i dont like it my tan will hide it lol

I've got pink in mine, because I wanted my hisbiscus to look as realistic as possible I decided not have to have it outlined in black, I've got pale pink and dark pink and neither have faded but then I've only had it done a year.
I'm having pale pink in my next one too.
My tattooists wife has also got "I love you" written in pale pink, (her daughter wrote it and her hubby went over it ) she had it done that colour because she's a reflexologist and didn't want it to show too much and that hasn't faded either.
All colours will eventually fade a bit but not for years (as far as I'm aware).

I've been told red is the worst for fading, but I've got two tattoos with red in them that I have had for 8 years I think, and they are still really bright. I also have one on my wrist has no black outline but thats how I wanted it, It's a star shape with a really colourful flower in it, it has pink, purple, blues, yellow and even white ink in it. Had it for around 6 years and it hasn't faded at all yet.... I always get compliments on how nice and unusual it is :o:green:
I don't see how having a tattoo will affect working in the beauty industry, tattoos compliment in my opinion when they are done tastefully. Actually since reading this thread I really want a new one on my foot but I'm scared it'll hurt, my friend is covered in tatts and she recently had one on her foot and told me that if she'd had that one first she wouldn't have had any others! :Scared:

If I'd have had the name of my horse done first there is no way I would have had another! The first one really wasn't that painful, the second one was screaming agony! And that was on a fleshy bit. I am such a girly lightweight! Lol Lx

Do any of you Beauty Therapists have tattoos?

I'm asking because I really want a pretty little pattern on my foot. Don't care about the pain but i'm worried that 1. what if I go for a job interview and the see it? Do employers really hate them. At college people had to cover them with plasters and we were told 'YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED THEM IN INDUSTRY!!!'
2.What if i don't like it and it's done wonky and I have to stare at it for the rest of my life?
I am a nightmare perfectionist to the point where it affects my life and looking at things out of line drives me :mad: (my builder hates me :lol:)

Any experiences you would like to share? I would be grateful xxx

In todays world i dont think you should worie too much about them being on display. From personal experience i have had a good experience and feedback from mine. I have a flower on my left wrist and it always opens up a topic for conversation. Just make sure you know for sure what you want befor hand and im sure you wont mind looking at it for the rest of your life. I designed my own so it was unique to mee, that way i no im individual in a way. :lol:

Amy xx

here's some pics of my wrist tattoos, I love them, as I loved all my tattoos. I think tattooing is a true art form and I am awe of some of the beautiful designs out there. My other tattoos are:

Tribal butterfly down left shoulder
Tribal in small of back
Large dragon inbetween shoulders
Butterfly on right ankle

I'll get some other pics up later!

anne xx

Attachments

• LeftWrist.jpg
    LeftWrist.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 40
  • RightWrist.jpg
    RightWrist.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
i had mine done yesterday been planning it for ages it hurt likehell though i literally chewed my hand off when having it done but im well chuffed!

Photo0324.jpg

thats a gorgeous tattoo, love it.

Its really painful having them done on your feet cos its so near the bone, I have one on my ankle and it hurt like hell my leg wouldnt stop trembling :eek: The other tats i've had the pain was nothing in comparison! In fact the ones on my wrists and shoulder they didnt hurt at all.

anne xx

Latest posts

Back