Tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do temporary tattoos and that's what i tell people Ruth!
Try it first and see if you like it. Not many people do though-it's more popular with the kids!

I got my first when i was 16.. I have 5 in total.. Has never effected me in any job i have gone for or worked in. hth

I have 3, 1 on my right hip, and one on the inside of each ankle. Am hoping to add another 2 soon on my wrists.

I have one on my lower back, so that its only on show if I want it to be. My husband is covered in tattoos, and sucessful in his job so I def dont think they hold you back. Saying that, I worked in a spa for a short time and they wouldnt tolerate tatts on show, it was quite posh though!

I have 4 tattoos and love them. Two small and two large, all are hidden and i love them. I want anther large one and i am just drawing a design. All my tattoos are drawn by me and the tattoosist.

I got my first one on monday :) its on the back of my neck and i have long hair so you can only see it if i want people to x

Iv'e got 7, 4 on my back, ankle, chest and thigh, I can hide them all. My sister has a vine round her foot that looks really nice, it has faded a bit over the years but still looks nice, Ive added a pic you can't see it all but it goes round her ankle and stops there.

CIMG2729.JPG

Claire x

i have got 9 in total in which 7 are visible including one on my hand. never stopped from getting a job

I have Tattoo on my leg which you can see in the summer one of my therapists has quite a few tattoos on her body so I don't think that there should be a problem with tattos . As for what if the tatto is wonkey .....well if you go to a reputable tattoo studio there will not be a problem if you dont like it then thats tough ..lol ..a tattoo is for life so choose carefully ,check out the studio first look at photos of their work and go by reccomendation I love tattoos but the I am biast because my husband is a tattooist and we have an award winning tattoo studio Logans Cave - News

Ruby

Managed to find my pic!

Attachments

• tattoo (2).jpg
    tattoo (2).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 78
Nice tatt angelina :)

What a brill thread and i love all your tatt's!!!
I have 2 facial piercings and 3 tattoos (up to now!)
Ive got a celtic design on my right calf, vampire fangs with a design around them on my left arm, lots of bright shooting stars on my right shoulder and i don't regret any of them!
When you have one they become so addictive and i don't think you should be judged on the way you look or your individualism nowadays but i know it does go on!:mad:
I'm thinking of having my next one on my wrist so maybe i could hide it with a chunky bracelet if necessary!

Last edited:
I had an interview today for an NVQ2 in beauty and holistic therapy.. i spent the whole interview covering my face tat but in my 1-2-1 i came clean and asked if it would be a problem and my tutor said "not at all, we used to get the girls to cover them but as now it is trendy we don't bother" as long as my education is not compromised i am happy!!! :)

I don't care if someone likes my tats or not...they are a part of me!!!
Love me...love my tattoos!!:lol:
AND they are as private as I decide to make them as they are on my back and hip.
I have another on my right shoulder of a dolphin and background too but no pic atm sorry x

Attachments

• butterfly tattoo.jpg
    butterfly tattoo.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 60
  • ivy by jin, writing by louis.jpg
    ivy by jin, writing by louis.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 68
  • P130309_13.50.jpg
    P130309_13.50.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Fairy Tattoo.jpg
    Fairy Tattoo.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 62
  • P160409_13.41.jpg
    P160409_13.41.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 58
I don't care if someone likes my tats or not...they are a part of me!!!
Love me...love my tattoos!!:lol:
AND they are as private as I decide to make them as they are on my back and hip.
I have another on my right shoulder of a dolphin and background too but no pic atm sorry x

Yay Judy got her tats out!!

I got my new tatt today pic in my album...I love her ...lol...she goes well with all the rest...x

Angelina - your tattoo is gorgeous and it really compliments your figure.
Judy - I think your tattoos are beautiful too, I especially like the ivy one, its unique, I have never seen ivy as a tattoo before.

Reading this thread its really encouraging to read that most people havn't had problems in the beauty industry with their tattoos. I'm hoping to start looking for work sometime soon so hopefully I'll have the same response with mine. I am doing 2 courses at the moment and my local college makes me cover up my tattoos and cos they are on my wrists, it looks ridiculous, my latest client wanted to know why my wrists were covered. It makes me feel like I have slit wrists :eek:

Anyways the private college are like sure let them be seen because they are part of your identity, I was really pleased when they told me that in my interview. Covering them up just draws attention to them and makes an issue out of them.

anne xx

Last edited:
I dont have any tats im too much of a wimp lol Although id love one its just finding the courage lol.

Although i do have my belly pierced and to be honest i think thats worse than it would be to have a tattoo! I had it done when i was 14 years old and ended up passing out lol.

Loving all the tats girls!

Latest posts

Back