Tea Tree Oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caroleloftus

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Can someone tell me whether tea tree oil is supposed to be good for damaged nails? My client has a second home in Italy, and has a nail tech out there, who told her to use this instead of Solar Oil.

Can anyone help on this - my client says she now feels confused as she has two different techs telling her different things.

Thanks
Carole x

T tree is a natural antiseptic and is excellent for nails,i.e fungal infections etc.In what way are your friends nails damaged?Solar oil has its uses and T tree has its,not necessarily for the same things though.

Tea Tree Oil is a natural antiseptic, antifungal, antibacterial, anti, anti anti a bunch of other things too. GREAT stuff and I would NOT live without it in my home!

However it's not the kind of oil that could moisturize and protect nails or the enhancements. It can not promote flexibility and prevent the enhancement or natural nail from drying out.

I personally add pure tea tree oil to my own cuticle oil. You might suggest she do this.

Tea tree oil is known to clear up bacterial/fungal infections when some pharmacy products have NOT. I experienced this myself.
I had fallen 'up' my stairs, put my hands out to catch me, and caught my thumb nail :eek: I ended up with Ony... (the lifted nail plate lol don't ask me to spell it.) Because water could collect between the thumbnail and nail bed, and couldn't be dried properly, I ended up with greenies under there.
I tried prescription from a doctor. NOTHING. It just kept growing and spreading.
I resorted to tea tree oil.... BAMM! CLEARED IT RIGHT UP and stopped it from growing/spreading any further.

Tell your client that while tea tree oil has DEFINATE benefits, she'd benefit more from a combination of the two products. All she would need to do is add about 5 drops of the tea tree oil to the cuticle oil (depending on size of bottle). OR she can use them seperately as is her preference (easier to blend them though, one shot deal, ya know?)

good luck

Love tea tree oil and its so multi use...but not for moisturising the nails or skin...its generally used for oily complexions and (australian body care is fab) but yes I recc for those with a few probs with their feet and nails....have to say tho - it stinks too!!!

Thanks guys! I will pass this info onto my client - she might decide to mix the two as she uses both seperatley at the moment!

Cheers x

Latest posts

Back