Teeth Whitening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlol

Reaction score
Hi Geeks my name is Carol and i have been in the beauty industry for a long time and i have seen a huge change with the boom of airbrush tanning and i was wondering what you think the next big thing will be in the industry. I have been doing teeth whitening now for the last year and a half and have been doing amazingly well since i took it on doing at least 3 treatments a week and i am thinking of dropping all my other products and just doing teeth whitening as thats all i am getting requests for. I would love to hear your thoughts thanks geeks love Carol X

Hi Geeks my name is Carol and i have been in the beauty industry for a long time and i have seen a huge change with the boom of airbrush tanning and i was wondering what you think the next big thing will be in the industry. I have been doing teeth whitening now for the last year and a half and have been doing amazingly well since i took it on doing at least 3 treatments a week and i am thinking of dropping all my other products and just doing teeth whitening as thats all i am getting requests for. I would love to hear your thoughts thanks geeks love Carol X

who did you train with hun, I looked into it at the gmex but start up costs were huge, then when iI did my lash training this year I met a girl who offered training and the machine for 2k, it seems to cheap so I backed off but would love to do it...

who did you train with hun, I looked into it at the gmex but start up costs were huge, then when iI did my lash training this year I met a girl who offered training and the machine for 2k, it seems to cheap so I backed off but would love to do it...
I too would be interested in the details about the training

I would be very careful. I read recently I think either in the guild magazine or babtac that a dentist took a salon to court for offering tooth whitening as they said they were performing dental treatments without a licence. The court found the salon guilty which then opens the gates for other such court cases. In turn either the guild or babtac won't insure salons now for these treatments.

Tooth whitening is popular at the moment, but who is to say it will continue. I would be very careful about having all your eggs in one basket.:!:

I would be very careful. I read recently I think either in the guild magazine or babtac that a dentist took a salon to court for offering tooth whitening as they said they were performing dental treatments without a licence. The court found the salon guilty which then opens the gates for other such court cases. In turn either the guild or babtac won't insure salons now for these treatments.

Tooth whitening is popular at the moment, but who is to say it will continue. I would be very careful about having all your eggs in one basket.:!:

Yes my Mother-in-Law is a manager of a dental practice and when I mentioned to her that I'd like to train in teeth whitening she couldn't discourage me enough! She advised that her practise offer it carried out by trained dentists, and in the current age where people are suing people over everything it would just not be worth the risk.

I read a horrific report in a top magazine only last week regarding Teeth Whitening... and I have sold out of Twilight Teeth and wont be offering it again.

I agree, leave it with the Dentists. You can have them done in two ways with the dentist... one cheaper and one more expensive... but they both whiten your teeth and you are getting a kind of 'warranty' with your Dentist being the one who has done this for you.

I agree, leave it with the Dentists. You can have them done in two ways with the dentist... one cheaper and one more expensive... but they both whiten your teeth and you are getting a kind of 'warranty' with your Dentist being the one who has done this for you.

I totally agree, just had mine done by my dentists, the salon I work in offer it, white teeth in 30 minutes, in my opinion surely that has got to be mega strong stuff they are putting on to whiten them that quick. It took me approx 2 weeks to get the shade I was happy with, that was putting a mouth gurard in every other night.
The thing about the salon whitening is that they only whiten the front teeth that you see whereas my gurard covered every tooth I choose it to.
Mine cost £200, the salons cost £300 for three treatments (10 mins each).

Thanks for the advice. The system I am using is called cosmetic bright by mist-air beauty and there is little training involved because it is so simple. Because it was developed for salons and not for dentists I am insured under there policy I even checked it out and it was true. The system complies with all regulations set out by the EEC and I was shown all the certificates to prove that it complied. I read about the salon that got sued and it was a completely different system and with mine I have never had any sensitivity or complaints just great results. Thanks xxx :)

There are many different systems out there - not all of them use the same ingredients. The Beyond White Spa system which we use contains Hydrogen peroxide at 6%. Dentists use a much stronger % usually in excess of 15%. Teeth whitening was classed as a cosmetic procedure by the EU and the suggested % to be allowed is 6%. By rights Dentists are restricted to this % unless they can prove that the treatment should be carried out for "Medical" reasons. Like all treatments a consultation is very important. We will not do the treatment unless the client signs a declaration to say they have visited the Dentist in the last 6 months and have no oral hygene problems. We have had no trouble with Insurance, we were covered by Axa. HTH

Hi Carlol I guess you are mobile?? I have looked into the same kit but still a bit of money in case things don't take off for me. How much do you charge? Also how are you advertising?? Thanks :biggrin:

IMHO I believe teeth whitening should be left to dentists.

How would we feel if Dentists suddenly started offering Spray Tans (A client of mine actually knows a dentist that offers this !!!) I think we should leave beauty to the beauty therapists & teeth treatments to the dentist !!

I am located within a dental surgery and have discussed this with the dentist whom I respect immensely he is totally against anyone other than a qualified dentist having anything to do with teeth.

That's enough for me not to consider offering this service despite how lucrative it may prove in the short term for me.

i am charging £75 for a one off treatment and £250 for a course of five and it seems to be working well. i understand why dentists are getting upset with the beauty industry offering teeth whitening but i think we need to move with the times and what the market is wanting. If i can make money whitening teeth then thats what i will do if i don't offer it some body else will. i have been doing this for a while now and i have already seen 3 people offering it too but we are all making good money. i think this is the way the market will go because it is affordable for the client and also it is easier for them to get it all done at the same place rather than having to go to dentists they can have it done with me
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi Ya

Is there any salons in the Bedfordshire area that offers tooth bleaching, every month i spend loads on trying new products and never seems to work:cry:
Thanks

Julez x

Latest posts

Back