Tell me something surprising about yourself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helen Shapiro lives in the house whose garden backs onto mine, and Billy Idol's Mum is a client.
I don't think there is any other remarkable things about me!

ooooh just thought of another.....

Oasis's manager bought my mums house and Oasis and Robbie Williams have slept there.

Oh god yeah I've moved 7 times I'n 4 years! Stayed put for the last two thank god!

Surprising? Hm...
Well, if any of this counts - I hate strawberries.
And for that gleeking thing... ha ha ha! I never knew there was a word for it! LOL

Surprising? Hm...
Well, if any of this counts - I hate strawberries.
And for that gleeking thing... ha ha ha! I never knew there was a word for it! LOL

I'm thinking of becoming a Gleeking Educator... I think I'd be good at it :lol:

I breed chickens and have an 18 year old pet cow who I got for Christmas :lol:

when i was about 18 months my mum took my older sister to doctors. Whilst dr was writing out her prescription I climbed onto couch. Just to humour a toddler (aah the old days!), the dr asked if i would like my chest listened to as well. So he put the stethoscope onto me, went white, called another gp in to have a listen and then - emergency ambulance to great ormond street childrens hospital for emergency heart operation!

I had PDA (patent ductus arteriosus) which should have been found at post op baby check but was missed. Funny thing is, i had absolutely no symptoms! When mum asked what would have happened if this had not been found, the reply was "probably massive fatal heard attack in teens"!.

Well there you go, there's a word for 'it'... Gleeking! :lol: :o

Erm, my 'surprising' bit of info is a tad different! lol

I used to sell bull semen for a living... True! - Dairy Daughters

I nearly died when I was 4 yrs old, had osteomyelitis (infection of the bone) in my ankle. The doctors told my Mum that if I lived through it I'd never walk again... they were wrong! :D

Fab thread :green:

This is quite an interesting thread and it is enjoyable reading about people and thier lives....and the odd thing or two that may well be surprising.

As for myself,i have led an unconventional life to some but for me quite normal.

You see although i was born a male physically i cforrected my birth gender to female.I was born transgendered,and also if that was not enough Klinefelter's syndrome is a condition that i inherited somehow genetically.

The long and short of it is that i have an extra X chromosome,so i i should be wonder woman!!!

I transitioned early in life,when i was 18,and had surgery by the time i was in my eraly 20,s.I had breast augmentation in Paris,and then my GRS surgery in London in the mid 90s....

Prior to surgery i always had a conception of myself as female,just did not have the parts to match my brain....after all gender is not identified between the legs,but between the ears:idea:

I had support from my family,and especially my grandmother....but i moved away from home at 18....thought i knew better...went to France and Italy....worked a "colourful" lifestyle,and funded the money for my surgery.

I now work with transitioning transgendered people and act as a lifestyle coach and help trans people ease into society....shopping going out...and all kinds of beauty wether it be make up skin or nails.

I choose not to live in stealth...just because i am a trans woman does not mean i have to hide who i am....some choose to hide thier past....i do not....

I believe in educating people who are willing to listen.

I am a succesful woman with a linguistics degree and intend on starting a post graduate degree in Speech and Language therapy this Autumn,part time while i continue to teach.

There have been alot of trans people who have died and been murdered just for being themselves.

I hope that you can see for yourself that we as trans people do not need to justify something that happened at conception and to recognise that we do not have a mental disorder but a condition in the part of the brain that sees ourselves as male or female.
YouTube - Transgender : I Have a Dream

For those of you who know me you know this is not surprising....but i am proud of who i am:hug:
May those who have passed to spirit rest in peace xx

Last edited:
Chameleon, your life story is inspiring and humbling. Anyone born into the wrong body must have to develop immense inner strength to combat the ignorant and totally insensitive reactions from society. When this tips into hatred and violence, as shown in the film, then it's beyond belief. I was particularly shocked by the medics refusing to treat the accident victim.
I would love to be involved in working with transgenders on beauty and make-up issues but it's just a pipe-dream.
Thank-you for sharing your story with us and may you have a life filled with joy and love .

this is a great thread... Love it!!

I can gleek (i'll let you google that one)... Kids love me for it :lol:

lolol :)

This is quite an interesting thread and it is enjoyable reading about people and thier lives....and the odd thing or two that may well be surprising.

As for myself,i have led an unconventional life to some but for me quite normal.

You see although i was born a male physically i cforrected my birth gender to female.I was born transgendered,and also if that was not enough Klinefelter's syndrome is a condition that i inherited somehow genetically.

The long and short of it is that i have an extra X chromosome,so i i should be wonder woman!!!

I transitioned early in life,when i was 18,and had surgery by the time i was in my eraly 20,s.I had breast augmentation in Paris,and then my GRS surgery in London in the mid 90s....

Prior to surgery i always had a conception of myself as female,just did not have the parts to match my brain....after all gender is not identified between the legs,but between the ears:idea:

I had support from my family,and especially my grandmother....but i moved away from home at 18....thought i knew better...went to France and Italy....worked a "colourful" lifestyle,and funded the money for my surgery.

I now work with transitioning transgendered people and act as a lifestyle coach and help trans people ease into society....shopping going out...and all kinds of beauty wether it be make up skin or nails.

I choose not to live in stealth...just because i am a trans woman does not mean i have to hide who i am....some choose to hide thier past....i do not....

I am a succesful woman with a linguistics degree and intend on starting a post graduate degree in Speech and Language therapy this Autumn,part time while i continue to teach.

There have been alot of trans people who have died and been murdered just for being themselves.

I hope that you can see for yourself that we as trans people do not need to justify something that happened at conception and to recognise that we do not have a mental disorder but a condition in the part of the brain that sees ourselves as male or female.

For those of you who know me you know this is not surprising....but i am proud of who i am:hug:

Well I never knew that!!

Thank you for sharing your story with us, you really are an inspiration to us all!! :hug:

After a 30 year gap I married the boy who first kissed me :Love:
My sister has just got engaged to her first boyfriend - they were 13 and went out for a week....he found her through facebook and now they are engaged....after 33 years....wedding is in September so she's already organised me to do EE for the big day...

wow what an amazing life you must have lead so far , my sister used to look after a transgender lady and she adored her, it must be so hard to live your life feeling you are in the wrong body , also that people are so narrow minded too its sad :hug:

Oh boy a girl has to keep some dark secrets but like a lot of geeks I have a passion no read obsession for bags and shoes. I cannot go out shopping and not come back with some sort of shoe or sandal. Yesterday was a lovley little pair of MG sandals from the shoe boudoir, I can't even wear them as we have hail stones and thunder at the minute!!

300+ pairs at last count. When I can't decide which ones to buy I take them all.

Got a rolickin when I got home recently for coming in with 2 pairs of Dolce and Gabanna shoes as unfortunately hubby knows how much they cost now. In the beginning I could say ah they were only £50, knocking off a nought but can't get away with that now as when he buys me shoes/bags as a pressies so he knows exactly what they cost.

One pair I have worn, the other is still in the box. I also have 2 pair of the Gucci dragon design sandal with the zip up the back that were out a few years back with matching bags, I couldn't decide whether to get the purple or goldy green so bought both and one pair is still in the box, shameful I know.....time for EBay I think.

Something less shallow!

I saved a good friends life when she had an etopic pregnancy, surgeon said she would have died had it not been for me, she had to have emergency surgery and lost half her insides but a few years later she had a baby girl and proceeded in standing up at a huge gathering and telling everyone about it all, I was a bit embarrassed but she called me her Guardian Angel.

Last edited:
OOOOH! Goldy-green sandals with a zip....mmmmmm......

OOOOH! Goldy-green sandals with a zip....mmmmmm......

:lol: :smack:

Oh DP,how could you mock the beloved Gucci! They are stunning trust me, probably why I haven't been able to sell them on but they nipped more than the purple ones so stayed in the walk in. Designed by Tom Ford, they were limited edition,sold out everywhere,waiting list etc. just waiting for suckers like me! I can't even find a picture of them to prove how lovely they are...lol. (Mine are at home in Florida and I am in UK at the mo - maybe when I get home I'll send you a picture and convert you to green goldy sandles with a dragon and pearl with a zip up the back....hee hee they sound a right picture don't they)!

I actually still wear the purple ones even if they are so last last last season...:green: They are one of my favourite pairs of shoes. I can't mention my most favourite though as the materials might upset some but they were given to me by a friend who was a runway model in New York and they were too high for her and every time I wear them people want to know where I got them or buy them from me.

God enough of this I am so shallow! I need therapy. Please more inspirational stories.

Last edited:
What a fantastic thread! So many amazing and heartwarming stories on here!
Feel i have to add on, although mine are not half as exciting as some of yours! Lol

I am 19 and have been with my current boyfriend Luke for 3 and a half years, i was with my previous for two years, very commited person and i believe that Luke is the one and we are looking to buy a house at the end of the year! :D

I am going to be my sisters birthing partner for my little niece, just playing the waiting game now as she was due last wednesday! So excited!

I have four birth marks, two on my arm, one on my leg and what looks like a small broken capillary on my nose..my boyfriend kindly tells me as often as he can 'that spots still there on your nose'...charming! Lol..all only small though :)

I have the tiniest ears any of you will ever see!

I have an obsession with shoes....and SHEEP :D :D :D dont ask!! I love them, lol.

I will be bridesmaid for the first time this July in Rhodes for my mums wedding, the 2nd time next year for my best friend and then the 3rd time the year after for my sister in law!

I love football..only watching..cant play, dont wanna ruin any shoes :p my other half plays and think im there best supporter! Haha

Think thats me done, not anything like some of them on here but there are a lot of inspiring people on here! You should be very proud!

Kayleigh xx

:lol: :smack:

Oh DP,how could you mock the beloved Gucci! They are stunning trust me, probably why I haven't been able to sell them on but they nipped more than the purple ones so stayed in the walk in. Designed by Tom Ford, they were limited edition,sold out everywhere,waiting list etc. just waiting for suckers like me! I can't even find a picture of them to prove how lovely they are...lol. (Mine are at home in Florida and I am in UK at the mo - maybe when I get home I'll send you a picture and convert you to green goldy sandles with a dragon and pearl with a zip up the back....hee hee they sound a right picture don't they)!

I actually still wear the purple ones even if they are so last last last season...:green: They are one of my favourite pairs of shoes. I can't mention my most favourite though as the materials might upset some but they were given to me by a friend who was a runway model in New York and they were too high for her and every time I wear them people want to know where I got them or buy them from me.

God enough of this I am so shallow! I need therapy. Please more inspirational stories.

No! No! I MEANT it; they sound gorgeous.........my mmmmms were me salivating!!!

Latest posts

Back