Temporary gel nails - Akzentz options

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helkat

Reaction score
Hi geeks:

I have a client who is interested in gel nails, but just wants them on for a special occasion and doesn't want them on forever. I thought about using the Options line so we could soak them off after. I found these instructions on the site, but wonder what product to use for a french look and if I need to build up the nail like with the regular line so they won't break (creating the apex etc.). Or with this line, do you just apply thin like a nail polish?

Your help as always is appreciated :hug:

------
Options Colored Gel
Instructions

Options Colored Gel must be applied to nails that have been entirely etched or over its own dispersion film.

1. Push back the cuticle. Gently remove all shine from the nail using a 180 grit file or White Block Buffer. Shape free edge of the nail. Remove dust and spray the entire nail and tissue with Nail Prep (Nail Antiseptic).

2. Apply Sure Bond to the natural nail and let dry.

3. Apply a thin layer of Base ‘N Gloss to the entire nail wrapping around and sealing in the free edge. Cure for 2 minutes.

*Do not remove sticky residue or dispersion film.

4. Apply your choice of Options Colored Gel
brush on like nail polish. Cure for 2
minutes.

5. Depending on the shade and the depth of
color required apply a second coat of Options Colored Gel brush on like nail polish. Cure for 2 minutes.

6. Apply a thin coat of Base ‘N Gloss. Cure for
2 minutes.

7. Wipe off dispersion film with Gel Cleaner.

8. Apply Nail & Cuticle Oil.

* Base ‘N Gloss is used to create a smoother base and produce a high gloss finish. Base ‘N Gloss is an optional step. When used over traditional gels or acrylics you do not need to use the Base ‘N Gloss as a base prior to applying the colored gels.

you should build an apex if you are extending the nail. but if its just a nno on a regular length nail, you wont need to.

Why would you want to bring in a new system for just 1 client? Any system can be as temporary as you like. It will just depend on the application cost.

Your description doesn't include a UV light. In which case it is a resin based system. If it does use UV then why spend all the money on 1 client.

If you truly want 'temporary' use a resin based system and, like the other thread, call it a 'no light gel'!

it may turn into more than 1 client though people talk word spreads if not many in your area offer the service you may get great results from it

it may turn into more than 1 client though people talk word spreads if not many in your area offer the service you may get great results from it

You are right but that needs a bit more research in my opinion. Spending out on a whole new system and conversion training and time practising needs a bit more thought that a request from 1 client. It also takes time to do it properly.

Why would you want to bring in a new system for just 1 client? Any system can be as temporary as you like. It will just depend on the application cost.

Your description doesn't include a UV light. In which case it is a resin based system. If it does use UV then why spend all the money on 1 client.

If you truly want 'temporary' use a resin based system and, like the other thread, call it a 'no light gel'!

akzentz is a uv gel, the instructions give the cure time

I'd just do your regular service. Explain that when she is ready to have them removed then to return, although she will also have the option of maintainance if she decides she likes them and wants to keep them on.

xx

Latest posts

Back