Terrible Customer Service! I am Gobsmacked!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
As some of you may know, I recently placed an order with a well known beauty company to start getting my salon furnished.
Whilst removing all the plastic from around the upholstery, I find that one corner has a very tiny hole in it. They ask me if I would accept a discount. No, thank you, I say as the hole is likely to get bigger with time and, therefore, I would prefer a full replacement.

They then tell me they can collect it tomorrow but ask if I will be in all day between 9am and 5pm. Erm ...... the answer is 'no' as I have pre arranged chores and have to do the school run. They then tell me that if I am not in, they will be charged if I'm not home. I ask if their pick-up time could be a little more specific? No, is the answer.

My argument is this, I have purchased over £250 worth of goods in good faith from said company. As there is a fault in the product, I cannot garantee that I will be at home tomorrow to dispatch the faulty item back to the warehouse(not my fault as it is a date they decided on).

Here lies another problem. I have a client booked in tomorrow for waxing. I ask if I can use the slightly faulty couch to attend to my booked client? Their answer? No! What's more, they will not dispatch the new couch until the damaged one is back in the warehouse!:irked:

The very argumentative sales person tells me that she has logged my question re using the damaged couch on computer. If it appears in any way used then I will not be entitled to a refund!

OMG! What did I do wrong? Why am I suddenly at fault here? Why must I disappoint a customer who is coming to me in good faith because of their poor service?

I asked to speak to a manager who told me she would be in until 6pm. When I phoned at 5.45pm said manager had already gone home :grr::grr::grr:.

I am gobsmacked!

I would ask some one to wait for it to be collected while you do your school run and chores and let them take the faulty item back along with every thing else that you had bought from them and reorder it all else where,
if they are that rude then they wouldn't be getting my money

Said company, have the couch I want. Nobody else has it. I have thought this myself :rolleyes:. Thanks hun, but this is the couch I chose after much debating. I really don't want to purchase off Ebay second hand. Just my choice personally. I am fuming!!!!!:irked:

I would ask some one to wait for it to be collected while you do your school run and chores and let them take the faulty item back along with every thing else that you had bought from them and reorder it all else where,
if they are that rude then they wouldn't be getting my money

I totally agree, I know its a nuisance for you when you thought it had all arrived but this is disgraceful . . . dreadful customer service, they don't deserve the business.

Could a friend pick up the kids for you tomorrow? :hug:

Oh, what is more, another company did not have the other items in stock which is why I ordered these from this company. My client is depending on my wax as I asked her to let me do it as I need the experience. She cancelled her leg wax with her own therapist today so she could help me out!

This is such a sc--w up! And I have done nothing wrong!

i know they say 9-5 but some companys will say morning or afternoon...cant you ask them this....???? also they are being snooty because you wont drop everything for them ...thats why it has gone on computer if the couch is "used"....can you put it in a garage or outside the back somewhere so they can collect it and refund you.???? i would call manager again...saying how rude his workers are and that you should be treated as a valued customers...not like you have been....he WILL be more understanding xx

Or, quite simply, name and shame them on here. If everything you've said is true (and I'm so sure it is Mrs C) then you've every right to to. I certainly won't be using them in the future if I know who it is.

I do hope you get something sorted hun, when you're just starting out you don't need hassle from companies that are meant to help and support therapists :hug:

Thank you for your posts. Just thought I would update you on my dealings with this salon company which I have been directly involved with!!

Parcel Force arrived Friday afternoon at 4.20pm to collect the therapy couch just prior to my returning home from collecting my daughter from school. I had otherwise waited home all day for them to arrive.

So I phoned this salon company directly back to organize another date for collection. Again I spoke to the same person and we organized another day next week when I know somebody will be here. However, this somebody will only be here from 9am to 2pm. Again the customer service person reminded me that the company will start to be charged if Parcel Force finds nobody home. Again I reminded her that this was not my problem and that I felt she was wrong to keep laying the responsibility at my feet. No way to treat a customer :grr::grr::grr: .

So, here is looking to Teusday next week when hopefully they will collect my couch. Until this is done, I cannot receive the replacement:irked:. Waxed somebody yesterday on my dining table:eek:!

HOW FRUSTRATING!!!!!! I would be furious. I work for a large retail mail order company, and NO WAY would we offer this service.

It is not your fault, but their fault, can you not try ringing them first thing Monday morning, mentioning the small claims court.

I do so hope you get it sorted out .xx

Hi if it is the same company who you can place orders from a catalogue and they deliver Direct to the Salon as well as having a large show room,

I have also found some of these assistants are not trained in good customer service,
some of them are very rude and snotty and they do not give a hoot about the customer , in these cases I have gone down and dealt with a different person or phoned up the office and complained ,
(time consuming and makes you angry I know )

but they are always very nice and helpful in the office , you could give this a try ,

Salons need a good Direct company not a bad one :hug: x

Hi if it is the same company who you can place orders from a catalogue and they deliver Direct to the Salon as well as having a large show room,

I have also found some of these assistants are not trained in good customer service,
some of them are very rude and snotty and they do not give a hoot about the customer , in these cases I have gone down and dealt with a different person or phoned up the office and complained ,
(time consuming and makes you angry I know )

but they are always very nice and helpful in the office , you could give this a try ,

Salons need a good Direct company not a bad one :hug: x

You have got it in one minky IYKWIM :lol: and thank you for sharing. I'm obviously not the only unhappy customer.

I realise that big companies may spend £1000's with this salon supplier and my poultry £250 is a drop in the ocean for them, but to me and many other therapists, it is a lot of money.

Latest posts

Back