Terrible hair disaster please help...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Minky, I have never came across the Proclere gel bleach you recommend but I will look out for it next time I am at the wholesalers.

Do you only use this bleach when doing roots or for off scalp bleaching too? What is it like for lifting previously coloured hair/tint?

I'm guessing you mix the 50ml gel with 1 packet lightening powder + 20 vol? x

Hi Dreamlover, it depends how dark it is and how much brassy pigment it has in it ..... lifting from a natural level six I usually use 1 to 2 boosters
with 50 ml
I only ever use 20 vol.
I personally would rather add a little more booster powder to the mix
than up the peroxide level ,

This blue oil gel bleach is strictly for Global blondes and especially made for all over and on the scalp techniques ,

I use it mainly for the roots, for unsurpassed shiny blonding
(and fantastic client comfort)

It is also used it to create global blondes too ,
which I have done ,
for example just say a natural base six dark blonde wanted an all over Global blonde look

I would put this all over the mid lengths and ends around 2 inches from the roots , let it lift half way
then mix fresh and do the root area , making sure it is well distributed through the mid lenghts and ends

then simply let it all lift up to the desired lift ,
( but as with all bleach products.... don't let it go past that pale creamy stage )

Yes you can use it to strip darker tints from hair the mid lengths and ends of the hair too ..... it strips really well
(but as with all bleach do test piece it first)

but since it is made to swell up like a fluffy mousse which is good for coverage ... its harder to isolate ,

This is why it's not made to use with foiling techniques

Although it is very gentle on the scalp bleach and you don't even feel it on the scalp at all ....

it can also achieve the palest and coolest shades of blonde

but .... as with all bleach , its wise never to go past that creamy pale blonde stage.... so that the condition will remain good , and the toner will hold well ,
hth :) x minky

dont worry about taking her on, as she doesnt have a leg to stand on! u can get half an houe free with most soliciters on a no win no fee injury in the work place!
Thank you all x x
I feel so sad that this is what its come to, all I have ever tried to do is what is best for the salon it seems she is very quick to forget that. Promoting somebody else to beauty manager, when I had previously been doing all the work without the title or pay is a real kick in the teeth.
I will let you know how it all goes, she will not be an easy woman to take on.

Michelle xxx

Hi Dreamlover, it depends how dark it is and how much brassy pigment it has in it ..... lifting from a natural level six I usually use 1 to 2 boosters
with 50 ml
I only ever use 20 vol.
I personally would rather add a little more booster powder to the mix
than up the peroxide level ,

This blue oil gel bleach is strictly for Global blondes and especially made for all over and on the scalp techniques ,

I use it mainly for the roots, for unsurpassed shiny blonding
(and fantastic client comfort)

It is also used it to create global blondes too ,
which I have done ,
for example just say a natural base six dark blonde wanted an all over Global blonde look

Thanks :) Do you have to buy the boosters seperate? The Proclere Freeze Icelites Bleach seems like a good bleach too: Sally Express | FREEZE ICELITES BLEACH SACHET

I will try both the Gel and Icelites if my local wholesalers sell them. I have always used Wella Blondor Blue Powder but it is not very good at lifting colour - always turns yellowy.

I just need to find a good bleach to lift tint. I did buy the BlondMe and 20vol developer last week. I done my friends roots (level 6 - 7 dark blonde/light brown) but it did not seem to lift very well and turned golden / yellow so I had to to redo them. Her hair always lifts to pale blonde no problem, maybe I should have used 30vol. x

Hi BeautyBombshell, how are you getting along now? Has your poor hair recovered at all? Are you still working in the salon?

I work as a beauty therapist in a salon that also has a hairdressers and barbers.
It was a quiet day and I was due my 6 weekly colour.

I normally have bleach applied straight to the roots for 10mins, then a lower % through the ends for about 10mins. Then I have an ash toner to take out any gold put on for 5 mins.

Well this time i ask the stylist what bleach shes using she says 40vol on the roots and 30vol on the ends. when done she put a cap on my head and went to do a client. about 45 mins later bleach is washed off, toner put on. I said i liked the silver/almost grey blonde so she said she would mix ash and a violet. and left it for 30mins.

obv my scalp was on fire and when it was finally washed and attempted to be dried...

well i went to the hospital the next morning with 1st and 2nd degree burns on my scalp, bald patches (one just bigger than a £2 coin) and my hair is matted together and snapping off at the slightest touch. when wet, if i use a large tooth comb it comes out easily in clumps. dermatologist has tole me there is no permanent damage, and the hair will grow back.

So i havent washed my hair or been back to work in 2 weeks and ive bought a wig. The hairdresser who did it is convinced Kerastace will fix it.... another hairdresser has told me to just shave it and start again.

What do you think about the whole sorry situation? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Please no sympathy i'm all cried out x x x

Michelle x x

Dear Michelle,

You have such a good case for claiming for damages. Did you take photos of your injuries? Keep photos, the hair, any evidence, get copy of the hospital report, and gp letter. Even somehting like CLaims Direct could help you win some compensation. This is neglagence with serious chemicals. Just the same as if someone had bad plastic surgery.

Meanwhile, chamomile tea bags soaked in hot water then left top cool mix some Manuka honey 10+ in, make a pultice scalp soothing mask with these. Get some Rice bran Oil from Tesco, and lavender. Dilute a drop of lavender in the oil, leave oil on scalp over night regulaly. This will help heal the burns.

xxx:hug: F

Clairol used to do a brilliant blue oil-based bleach called Born Blonde, along with the toners that went with it. Fab product. They stopped doing salon stuff, in this country, and now concentrate on the retail market.
I have heard a guy who used to work for Clairol has developed his own range of this product - without checking I think this might be proclere ...

(Oooh and thanks everyone else for talking about the proclere bleach, I have previously used Blondor cream which is supposed to be good scalp bleach but I really don't rate it, and Clynol Viton cream bleach which is alright but I know there is better out there, best I've used in the past was L'oreal and oil based and really dark blue when mixed, and I really can't remember the name of it, was that Blondiss?)

Sorry all, I should have read through the rest of the posts before sticking my oar in - LOL!
We don't do much 'on scalp' bleaching but I'll get this product in ...

Clairol used to do a brilliant blue oil-based bleach called Born Blonde, along with the toners that went with it. Fab product. They stopped doing salon stuff, in this country, and now concentrate on the retail market.
I have heard a guy who used to work for Clairol has developed his own range of this product - without checking I think this might be proclere ...

Latest posts

Back