Terrible hair disaster please help...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi minky, there really is no need to use bleach with all the lightening products available now, whan i trained all we did was bleach bloody hi-lites! :biggrin:
Hi, I think bleach is fine if you are fully trained and know exactly what you are doing with it .

obviously this girl who burnt this ladies head didnt !!!!......

but do you mean you don't allow bleach at all :eek: ?

Thats not really correct, bleach gives a more defined highlight effect and tint a more diffuse colour. With the best will in the world, hight lift tint will not lift hair to platinum blonde like bleach can, nor will it lift previously tinted hair. x

OMFG!! You poor girl!

How is your scalp? Has it recovered?

Kerastase is a really good brand as is redken, you will need some protein and a helluva lot of moisture!!!

I quite argree a short cut don't shave it!

I think your boss's attitude is terrible!! Is this really a place you want to work??

As for bleach in the salon it definately has its place i use it a lot with foils but max i use is 9% but its usually pastel toner or 6%.

I do however remember the 60vol days !!!!!!!! Chewed up 80's grey hl!! With those awful rubber caps!!!!!

ewww makes me shudder!!

What the girl did though was completely out of order and unprofessional is your employer paying you while your off?

hi minky, there is really no need to use bleach with all the lightening products that are available now. when i trained all we did was bleach bloody hi-lites1 x

Hi magentahair , Wow no bleach ....
I couldn't live without bleach I really love it and the pure clean look it can give , its so versatile , I just can't imagine having no bleach ,

I would really miss it :sad: its like my coolest friend in the cupboard it's such a versatile tool ,
sometimes it's the only tool that will do the job .

I use a different bleach for on the scalp bleaching up to paler blondes
I use a proclere gel oil bleach which has no itch no burn, and is specially made for on the scalp Global techniques ,

Loreal used to make one many years ago called Blondiss .... I used to use that too with Blondiss boosters it came in a tall plastic bottle
and you only ever need 20 vol with it ,
I often wonder where that went ?.... maybe they introduced the Platinuim instead ?
:) minky

Yes they did, but I'm not keen on it to be honest. There are better bleaches out there.

persianista ...... you mean the platinuim ? I have heard a few people say the same thing too ,

I love the proclere one , have you tried it ? ..... its so gentle on the scalp and lifts so well :) x minky

this girl needs to be sacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg ...... seriously!!
i would die if that happened to me.. in fact she would be the dead one lol
you should sue for loss of earning ect anyway, plus they need to know that this is not acceptible at all.
i only use blonde me bleach with 20 or 30 and it is always fine, goes reall white blonde on even my mates deep ginger hair.
as long as you follow the rules its perfectly safe.

hope its not too long for you before it gets back to decent condition xxxxxx

thats exactly what they did! i use alot of majimeche with toners and i love it, so many different results, but u have to be brave!:p
Hi magentahair , Wow no bleach ....
I couldn't live without bleach I really love it and the pure clean look it can give , its so versatile , I just can't imagine having no bleach ,

I would really miss it :sad: its like my coolest friend in the cupboard it's such a versatile tool ,
sometimes it's the only tool that will do the job .

I use a different bleach for on the scalp bleaching up to paler blondes
I use a proclere gel oil bleach which has no itch no burn, and is specially made for on the scalp Global techniques ,

Loreal used to make one many years ago called Blondiss .... I used to use that too with Blondiss boosters it came in a tall plastic bottle
and you only ever need 20 vol with it ,
I often wonder where that went ?.... maybe they introduced the Platinuim instead ?
:) minky

To top it all off i went to a staff meeting today.
they've taken on a full time therapist and promoted a therapist that I've been training to Beauty Manager despite that she's only been there 2 months (probationary period is 3 months!)
I've worked for her over a year, and have only ever pushed the business forward. She left me with no choice but to sue, and its her fault I'm off sick for employing such idiot staff but she's taking it personally and I'm clearly not wanted.

oh, and also in the meeting, 40vol is now banned from salon use without managers consent.
Bit too late now considering I'm already half bald.

OMG WHAT A MESS!!! Go see your solicitor, how dare they treat you like this .
You are clearly one of her assets !
Your boss should of sacked the stylist responsible for incompetance and helped you out as much as possible. Sounds like she is just wishng you would go away, well please dont .
I feel sooooo angry for you , so no sympathy just pure rage ....this should never of happened and when it did you have the right to be treated with kindness respect and care !!!
I always feel that any situation can be sorted , but i really am flaberghasted at the behaviour of your boss i am surprised she has any clients.
Arrggghhhhh

Last edited:
i cant believe u are being treated in this way!!!!! there are alot more employees rights then employers rights these days so your boss isnt very clever is she???!!! i definately think u need to sue, especially on how things have gone since 'the hair do' she deserves it! best of luck, any advice u need pm me! nat x

For the first time on this forum, I'm gonna say it, consult a solicitor. This salon has wronged you twice. It really is beyond defensable.

Hi magentahair , yes Majemeche by Loreal is a superb bleaching product for highlights and foil techniques,
it can be used for lifting tint out of the hair too

but no ... it's not made for on the scalp techniques,

For on the scalp bleaching ..... I only ever use the blue proclere oil gel bleach,

which is specially made for Global bleaching and on the scalp techniques
as it doesn't burn , sting, or itch at all ;

it will produce the palest of baby sliver blondes leaving the hair shiny and in excellent condition.
I only ever use it with 20 vol :) the product is a little more expensive but well worth the money.

It cannot be used for foil techniques though .... as it swells up rather like a fluffy gel mousse for coverage .

As with any bleach (even Majmeches ) .... as you know us hairdressers always have to adhere to the manufactures instructions.

Beauytbombshell .... it may be worth finding out what bleach was used in the salon and then ring the manufactures for their independent help and advice..... they may just be able to point you in the right direction.

as 40 volume peroxide should never be used directly on the scalp with any powder bleach.

40 vol and powder bleach on the scalp for 45 minutes ! .....and then a peroxide based toner !!!! it must have stung and burnt like hell :Scared: and even more so later on..... its just awful and should never have happened in a professional salon

I am really shocked at the way you are being treated, its like a double whammy , I am so sorry you have had such an awful ordeal :hug: x minky

For the first time on this forum, I'm gonna say it, consult a solicitor. This salon has wronged you twice. It really is beyond defensable.

I agree , and for the first time ever I am going to say the same as persianista yes you need to consult a Solicitor , you need professional help
and what about trading standards too ?

I must say us hairdressers don't take it lightly to advise you to consult a Solicitor....
but in this case .... as you have been treated so shabbily I feel sadly they have left you no other :sad: choice ,
let us know how you get on with it all ,
minky

I agree with the above. When I had a hair disaster as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I contacted Trading Standards and they helped me through every step until it went to the small claims court. If this does go to court you will need a solicitor.

Also take lots of photos of your hair & scalp for evidence.

Here is the Trading Standards website. Trading Standards Institute - Home page Just enter your postcode and it will give you the number of your nearest office. x

Thank you all x x
I feel so sad that this is what its come to, all I have ever tried to do is what is best for the salon it seems she is very quick to forget that. Promoting somebody else to beauty manager, when I had previously been doing all the work without the title or pay is a real kick in the teeth.
I will let you know how it all goes, she will not be an easy woman to take on.

Michelle xxx

Crikey this is a real eye opener of a post to read, hard to believe there is such incompetence, but even harder to believe the front which has followed it in your salon's attitude.
Massive amounts of good luck to you and hope you keep us updated with any news on how it's going xxx

(Oooh and thanks everyone else for talking about the proclere bleach, I have previously used Blondor cream which is supposed to be good scalp bleach but I really don't rate it, and Clynol Viton cream bleach which is alright but I know there is better out there, best I've used in the past was L'oreal and oil based and really dark blue when mixed, and I really can't remember the name of it, was that Blondiss?)

best I've used in the past was L'oreal and oil based and really dark blue when mixed, and I really can't remember the name of it, was that Blondiss?)

Hi foundlings :) yes the Proclere blue gel oil bleach is just the same as the Lorea'l Blondiss dark blue oil bleach :)

I used to love Blondiss oil bleach too , and I really missed it until I found the Proclere blue gel oil scalp bleach instead ....
no itch, no burn, no sting , which produce's the most fab pale silvery blondes

Proclere also do a full range of those very mild Toners to match ,
they are specially made for this type of pale bleached blonde hair ,

I personally don't Globally lighten very dark hair to pale shades
so I only ever use 20 vol with the oil bleach as I find that is plenty strong enough ,

personally I find with very dark hair the roots can show up like a dark zipper .... after just week or two :eek:
and as you know doing those tiny roots on very dark hair ,
it's the bleach overlap that can cause certain problems....

There is a way though to keep roots at bay ..... that Marylin Munroes hairdresser used to use ..... so she could be platimun blonde all the time with no roots showing ,
it was a special a rotational plan , simple but effective,

here is a link and info for the Proclere
I get mine from Salon Direct or Sallys

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...wvWTCQ&usg=AFQjCNG-YM9GrRfCMJXMLMEb0bDxCIX9TQ

pic_lg_bluegel.jpg
Blue frosting Gel Lotion is an oil based lightener with a gentle 'on and off' application to the scalp. The revolutionary double ashening process ensures the palest blonde on any type of hair.

* Ensures maximum lift and client comfort, using only 6% or 9% developer
* Unique double ashening process ensuring palest blonde results
* Lightens the darkest natural hair colour to blonde
* Control and increase the lightening action with additional boosters
* Ideal for special effects
* Unsurpassed condition
* Available in 50ml single and multi 6 x 50ml applications
cat_ban_herblonde.gif
Herbal_Blonde_Large.jpg
Herbal Blonde Toner

A true semi-permanent toner which eliminates yellow on prelightened, bleached or highlighted hair.
352 Precious Platinum – soft silver blonde

353 Sweet Silver – silver blonde
355 Blissfully Blonde – soft ash blonde

356 Intoxicating Ivory – soft beige blonde

357 Beautiful Beige – beige blonde

Hi Minky, I have never came across the Proclere gel bleach you recommend but I will look out for it next time I am at the wholesalers.

Do you only use this bleach when doing roots or for off scalp bleaching too? What is it like for lifting previously coloured hair/tint?

I'm guessing you mix the 50ml gel with 1 packet lightening powder + 20 vol? x

Latest posts

Back