Testing Suntana Rapid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suntana emailed me today & said there rapid tan isn't designed to be dark.. It's designed to be washed off quick, I've also had a look on Suntana | Spray Tan Solutions and Equipment & it clearly states that it's not designed to be as dark as chocolate or blackberry but it has been designed to basically wash off quicker.

So if that's how it's being advertised then to be fair people should have read this up before purchasing & then wanting refunds.

I dont really see how suntana have done anything wrong., :confused:

Just my 2p's worth x

Thanks for your support but to be fair to those few that have been dissatisfied, initially we didn't make it obvious enough to our customers that this product wasn't meant to replace our already established dark tans. The product description wasn't informative enough. It is now much clearer.

hi all, just thought i'd throw in my opinion here.
I LOVE IT!!!!
it develops quickly, it smells lovely and the results are fab..
I may be missing something but my bottle doesnt have a dha on it, its marketed as a rapid tan, and it does what it says on the bottle, tans rapidly!!
My clients love the versatility of the development time and the dark golden colour it develops too..
what we have found is that because the chocolate is a flat colour it looks darker than all the other tans, even the blackberry has a little red (as does the cherry) and the rapid which makes them look more natural.
client feedback has been; love the development time,
we found that the colour doesnt develop immediately but is lovely about an hour after showering.
no giraffe legs.. :smack:
for clients with drier skin it doesnt split as it fades, it leaves an even covering
it's not as cold when it goes on..
it seems almost oily when its sprayed, but we found opening the nozzle and giving one coat and then a dusting is fine.
it feels wet, will it come off when i get dressed?
we always waft our clients dry with the hvlp nozzle before they dress and even though it doesnt dry as quickly as the other tans there have been no reports of it smearing whilst damp..
it fades off rather than going patchy.
our weekly clients love the fact that there is no scrubbing with this tan, it gradually fades leaving a good base to respray over.

my summary.. it's not as dark as chocolate, but it doesnt say it is..
it's wetter than chocolate, but it gives a gorgeous satin finish tan when its developed.
with the gorgeous weather we've been having here...rain rain rain, clients can shower the guide tan off after only a few hours and not spoil it by getting rain splatters on it, so from our point of view..
ITS A WINNER !!

Woohoo looks like im not a crazy b*** after all just had an email from suntana saying some of the rapid tan have not been blended property hence the problems ,replacement on the way ,hopefully this one will be as expected :-D:-D:-D:-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Just remember that this solution is meant to wash off & develop the colour fast but is not designed to go dark.

From my understanding it will go to approx a 12% and no darker.

So I guess:
The light tan times are for a glow (7-8%)
The medium timings are for a bit more colour (approx 9-10%)
The darker timings are for the approx 11-12% look.

Just wondering if anyone has managed to try the newly blended batch? What did you think?

Not had chance to try the new one yet. Going to try doing 2 in the morning. The old batch I had a nightmare applying. Runs and everything but the tan turned out ok and really even. Model didn't like how it felt on skin tho. I need to be sprayed myself as I feel I can be a better judge.

I just sprayed my upper body with new batch at 7 pm so will rinse at 11 :-D

Ok so I rinsed after 4 hours and the colour is nice still very light ,if you rinse after 1-2 hours im not sure there would be any colour at all but will keep testing :|

Result- Very happy customers! :hug:

I have finally tested my new one on so far have only managed to do myself and my mum, now I must admit I didn't rinse off after 4 hours i have left it over night but I kept an eye on the colour change on me and mum over the few hours, so between 1-2.5 hours it is coconut but after that I'd personally say it is Cherry, doesn't go any darker than that.

As a product I say it's great. The idea behind it is to have a quick tan with less hassle and time wise it's brilliant, it goes dark enough for what you'd want it for, the colour is beautiful even though i am used to having chocolate I would be more than happy as having this sprayed on for a last minute event. My mum has come out a lovely colour, she normally goes for coconut/cherry so she is very happy!!!

I cant fault this product, the only thing is that people need to be made very aware that it is not going to go chocolate or blackberry but I don't think this should be an issue at all, the nature of the product is quick and easy, the result a beautiful natural colour that does go dark enough, I shall be ordering this as I feel it would be popular with clients just for the time scale more than anything and the majority of my clients at the moment are only having coconut and cherry anyway :) And I think I'll use this for myself also, I have moved up to choc but I think for in the week it's probably just too dark so I've moved back down to cherry and have choc for nights out, so to come home from work get sprayed and wash off before bed is brilliant.

A question I do have is can you have a double go of this product? As an example I am going out tonight and I'm happy with the colour but as I normally have chocolate for weekends is it possible for me to spray again with the fast tan and will I go darker again or is it a waste of time and product? Just curious as I've read up before about some people having normal spray tans sprayed on a day or 2 after to get slightly darker....would anyone know?

I'm still quite new to this but here's my opinion for what's its worth!
Had hubby spray me with suntana rapid,smelt lovely going on, but does now smell of tan now that I've had my shower.
Went on lovely,felt nice and dried quick!
Washed off after 2 hours and so far the colour is gorgeous!

I have posted pics of suntana fast tan on the let's see your tan. I am impressed with the new batch. I was amazed how the solution although it was cold sprayed warm. Brilliant for that alone !! Resulting tan lovely even. No patches. See what fade off is like :)

Pics look lovely! Xx

Ah lush lash. Hope your not still thinking of giving up your tanning. Or was you just having a bad day ? X

Ah lush lash. Hope your not still thinking of giving up your tanning. Or was you just having a bad day ? X

It was a bad day :D lol, I have days like that every so often.. Just get fed up of people taking the mick & not listening to pre tan / after tan advice, then if anything is wrong id immediately be blamed when they are just plain stupid for not doing exactly as i said xx

Can I just ask those of you who have had good results from the new batch, how much solution are you using per tan? I've tried it on a few people and left it from 2 to 4 hours but I'm just getting a barely there colour with all of them. Xx

I used about 50 mls on the two I have done. I did two light coats tho. I think if you want really dark tans tho maybe try the la fast tan. I think I achieved a 9% ish tan keeping it on 2 hrs. :)

I left mine on 2 hours and only got a tiny bit of colour, nowhere near even 8%. A friend left hers on 4 hours and again it was nice but very pale. Maybe 8% tops. I'm going to try it on myself again on wed so I'll try a heavier coating.

I left mine on 2 hours and only got a tiny bit of colour, nowhere near even 8%. A friend left hers on 4 hours and again it was nice but very pale. Maybe 8% tops. I'm going to try it on myself again on wed so I'll try a heavier coating.
Do you have the old batch by any chance?
Suntana have said there was a batch of dodgy solution that wasn't blended properly. I would contact them and check.

Do you have the old batch by any chance?
Suntana have said there was a batch of dodgy solution that wasn't blended properly. I would contact them and check.

I did have the old batch originally but I binned it when Suntana told me it had not been blended correctly. It was the second batch I tested. I'll give it another go though with a heavier coat and see how I get on x

I've ordered the rapid tan to try and David at suntana has been very helpful. I'll receive this soon so I'll do a few trial sprays and report back. My clients like to be light and natural so I'll do a review on colour/fade off etc x

Latest posts

Back