Testing Suntana Rapid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just washed off my rapid after 2.5 hours and I'm very light. Does anyone know if it's instant development or whether it continues to develop after shower? Thanks! X

It continues to develop over the next 24 hours :)

I've just washed off my rapid after 2.5 hours and I'm very light. Does anyone know if it's instant development or whether it continues to develop after shower? Thanks! X

I found I was very slightly darker the next day but only a little.

I gave it another go and left it on all night just to see how dark it would go. I'd say it's looking around about 10%, maybe slightly darker. Tiny bit more of a golden colour compared to the standard Suntana solution but still nice. Xx

I was under the impression that it has new ingredients & develops quickly as well as washes off quickly unlike all other fast/rapid tans out there which take 24 hours for the full colour & depth to show.

So it should continue to develop after wash off but should not take as long for the colour to show as any other fast/rapid tan as it is different to all other fast/rapid tans.

I thought most of the colour would be there after just a few hours (3/4) and then it would deepen slightly after that.

I had quite a bit of colour after about 2/3 hours but I felt if got darker over the next 12 ish hours. I just said 24 hours meaning you are white after initial wash off and it develops.

I had quite a bit of colour after about 2/3 hours but I felt if got darker over the next 12 ish hours. I just said 24 hours meaning you are white after initial wash off and it develops.
So would you say it took approx 12 hours to get to almost the full colour then it deepened over the next 12 hours to give full colour & depth at 24 hours?

Yes I would say I had the majority of colour after 12 hours. To be honest it then became night time and it's difficult to tell in artificial light then I went to bed. By the next morning it was a lovely colour but I don't like dark tans on me so 10% ish is good. I have had it on 8 days now still got a pale tan and fading naturally. I also had one of my models text me to say she loved the colour and had positive comments which is always great to hear :)

Well if it takes the 12 hours for most of the colour to show and then deepens over the next 12 hours it sounds the same as the other fast/rapid tans I have tried & heard about.

Not sounding like anything new to me. It also isn't the only fast/rapid solution that will only go to a 10%/12% tan as I know Vani-t has one that goes to a 12% max.

Well if it takes the 12 hours for most of the colour to show and then deepens over the next 12 hours it sounds the same as the other fast/rapid tans I have tried & heard about.

Not sounding like anything new to me. It also isn't the only fast/rapid solution that will only go to a 10%/12% tan as I know Vani-t has one that goes to a 12% max.

Hi Baggy - just to confirm that Vani-T Velocity (rapid tan) only goes to 12% depth because it is a 12% solution.

Watch out for the new Velocity Ultra Dark which is hitting the UK this month :biggrin:

Ladies, you cant beat Velocity by Vani-T.
Rapid tan, colour guide is true to the tan. They have it in a 12% and 15% so leaving the 12% on for 1 hour gives you light tan(8%), 2-3 gives you a medium (10%) and 4 hours give you a dark tan (12%). The new one is a 15% so starts at a dark tan after 1 hour.... BRILLIANT. I love having a dark tan but hate sleeping in them so Velocity is perfect as i can shower before i sleep, you lose the bronzer when you shower but you wake up to the colour you were prior to showering as it will process still overnight.

Ladies, you cant beat Velocity by Vani-T.
Rapid tan, colour guide is true to the tan. They have it in a 12% and 15% so leaving the 12% on for 1 hour gives you light tan(8%), 2-3 gives you a medium (10%) and 4 hours give you a dark tan (12%). The new one is a 15% so starts at a dark tan after 1 hour.... BRILLIANT. I love having a dark tan but hate sleeping in them so Velocity is perfect as i can shower before i sleep, you lose the bronzer when you shower but you wake up to the colour you were prior to showering as it will process still overnight.

Is the 15% now available? Jenx who i buy mine from said november time?? X

I promised I'd come back and update - when I went to bed I felt like I barely had any colour after washing off but when I woke in the morning it was a lovely colour somewhere between 8-10% ( I like a glow rather than a full tan) i've been really naughty not looking after my tan at all but I'm on day 5 and it still looks great, even and still have plenty of colour. I reckon ill need to have a good scrub on day 7 before I get hubby to spray me again! I'm genuinely surprised. Word of warning, when it sprays on it does feel like oil and doesn't really dry so be prepared to feel oily for the few hours before washing off! I'm pleased so i'm going to give it a go on my sister and get her opinion. This may well sway me back to suntana!! :)

Tried suntana rapid last night for the first time, left on for two hours and was around a 10% slightly darker this morning but definitely not enough to compare to another 'rapid' tan. The solution was lovely and warm with a lovely guide colour! Does what it says on the tin so to speak! I will be using This on myself as the two hours wait is brilliant with school runs & work, can't wait to introduce this to clients I'm sure it will be a winner!

Tried suntana rapid last night for the first time, left on for two hours and was around a 10% slightly darker this morning but definitely not enough to compare to another 'rapid' tan. The solution was lovely and warm with a lovely guide colour! Does what it says on the tin so to speak! I will be using This on myself as the two hours wait is brilliant with school runs & work, can't wait to introduce this to clients I'm sure it will be a winner!
So how quickly after washing off did it take for you to see the 10%?

I left it on for two hours, I was about a 9% when washed off and am a nice 10 this morning not a lot of difference to be honest. I am going to tan a few friends & clients this week to see how skin types vary but I'm happier than I thought i'd be!

What I want to know is: Does it give you the colour quicker than the other fast/rapid tans that are already out there?

This is the claim that would make the solution different to what is already available.

I am happy with what I use but if there is new ingredients that make the solution unique in giving the colour faster then I want to check it out but so far the feedback seems to be that it's the same as most others already available.

After I washed the tan off after 2 hours I was left with a lovely glow instantly, darker than the 8 lighter than the 10 with a reddish tone. Today I have what I would say is a 10%. So the tan did develop slightly over night but it was a nice shade after my shower. In my opinion the solution does exactly what it says it does gives an instant tan. I will trial throughout the week on different skin types to see how and if the results change. Maybe if you contacted suntana and got a sample you could try yourself personally so far I'm happy x

After I washed the tan off after 2 hours I was left with a lovely glow instantly, darker than the 8 lighter than the 10 with a reddish tone. Today I have what I would say is a 10%. So the tan did develop slightly over night but it was a nice shade after my shower. In my opinion the solution does exactly what it says it does gives an instant tan. I will trial throughout the week on different skin types to see how and if the results change. Maybe if you contacted suntana and got a sample you could try yourself personally so far I'm happy x
I already have some of the solution, just been so busy with the kids being off school that I have been unable to match up my free time with the free time of my models to try it out.

I have lots of willing guinea pigs now thankfully, having 3 sisters helps!:p I tried myself first as I wanted to feel the results too, although I'm still perfecting spraying myself :0 x

I already have some of the solution, just been so busy with the kids being off school that I have been unable to match up my free time with the free time of my models to try it out.

When you do find the time to test it yourself, we're confident you'll like it. The feedback from our 'give away' is starting to come in now and we're glad to say that the majority of comments seem very positive, comments from one of our girls below;

Application

The gun has to be turned right down for this one, to ensure preciseness and no gathering of the solution. Client commented on the fact that it didn't feel as cold as when the others are applied and I told her that this was due to the solution being a different blend( thanks for the background info) the guide colour was fab, lovely and golden. I allowed 10 more minutes of drying time as it was a hot day when I applied it.

After 4+ hours

The client washed it off after five hours as she forgot it was on ( I guess that's a good thing ) she did say she was sticky for a while after application but again that was a mixture of the weather too I suspect. Once washed off she says she loves the colour and it's faded nicely. No funny patches, washed off perfectly!

Would I buy?

I just have!!! It takes a while to get used to the solution as its different than the others but other than that I love it!!! I'm going to use it as well as the light medium and dark colours I have. And offer it to clients who are in a rush or even some evening clients who want to wash it off before bed! Although it takes longer to apply and dry, it's worth it xxx

WELL DONE SUNTANA!

Kelly xxx

Latest posts

Back