Testosterone.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
I feel a lot of this on the site atm.
It is quite refreshing in a lot of ways because we DO get used to speaking to women.
Men.....
Speak up more.
We like to hear you....but then again....don't get upset if we don't always agree with you:)
What are mens ideas on waxing.....nails...body products??
You seem to take an active interest in the site so what would you like to see more of??

Could it be Polls:lol:

I like 'em too - but I couldn't eat a whole one :green:

It is quite refreshing in a lot of ways because we DO get used to speaking to women.
Men.....
Speak up more.
We like to hear you....but then again....don't get upset if we don't always agree with you:)
You seem to take an active interest in the site so what would you like to see more of??

Beat me to this posting ..have been thinking about this for some time now:lol:

The guy's seem to pop up for a while..either get ignored or slated and then dissapear back into the woodwork...I guess just like being at home.:lol::lol::lol:

Its friggin lonley on here...where have they all gone ??? do you ladies scare the pants off them that much that they daren't not pass comment...just like being at home again:lol::lol: :lol:

maybe if we start a thread about motorbikes,footie,cars,page 3 or summit we could get a good response :lol::lol:

but ladies...be carefull you might not like what you hear :lol::lol::lol:

Could it be Polls:lol:
Jac you have lost too much weight! Good to see ya! I think the men possibly get intimidated in this female dominated industry....ha ha ....makes a change!

I am sure I can see a light from that cat's bottom LOL.

Ooops sorry I digress LOL forgot where I was there.

We have had threads about footie, Sassy has a picture of a motorbike in her album, we often discuss cars but only if they are pink - sorry but page 3 I think we would draw the line at unless we can start posting pictures of the chippendales, or are they the cabinets, I can never remember!

Men.....
Speak up more.

<politically correct mode off>

Women, wanting to know a man's opinion - it's just a cunning ploy and I'm scared :eek::lol:.

I'd get even more scared if you did agree :D.

Waxing - Fab - thank god for hairy women, they are the lifeblood of a salon :). personally I hate it - I have a reasonably hair (not robin williams hairy, but covered) and it hurts a lot. Stupidly I'm doing a sponsored back wax at our Charity day on Thursday in front of people and can't swear :grr:

Nails - Vanessa makes me beg before she manicures me :cry: so my nails get really long and bend due to the typing. I like buffed but have used nails for males matt varnish

Body products - Vitru from Susan Molyneux - fab products and tried a few of the male ones before going for that. Don't like facials though.

To be honest not that keen on most treatments as I don't find them relaxing. I'm a big lad so lying on my stomach is uncomfortable. We're thinking about training the girls in Hydrothermy massage so you always stay on your back so looking forward to that.

Favourite treatment - indian head massage - very relaxing and trance inducing. I hold my tension in my shoulders so it works well for me

I'd like to see two things as I think they would help the industry:

1. More confidence. There are many techs out there who are far better at their craft than they believe themselves to be. the lack of self confidence holds them back from being truly excellent and that saddens me. I'd encourage everyone to look at the evidence - tens of happy customers every day, rather than listen to the miserable little voice in your head that tells you bad stuff.

2. More Industry Pride. We are in a world where things are pretty stressful a lot of the time. This industry creates microenvironments where people can come, spend a couple of hours forgetting about the world and leave feeling better about themselves. What might be a 20 minute treatment to a therapist may keep that person going for another week, month etc - an old ladies eyebrows, a bit of nail polish. How many other industries can take someone's money and make them feel good about themselves at the same time.

3. More Business. What makes a good therapist tends not to make a great business person. Work at the latter so that you can touch more people and make the best of yourself and your salon

<politically correct mode on>

Rant over

Mike

I am sure I can see a light from that cat's bottom LOL.

Ooops sorry I digress LOL forgot where I was there.

We have had threads about footie, Sassy has a picture of a motorbike in her album, we often discuss cars but only if they are pink - sorry but page 3 I think we would draw the line at unless we can start posting pictures of the chippendales, or are they the cabinets, I can never remember!

Now I can fully see why the blokes dont come on ...what was that you said just then :lol::lol::lol:

Beat me to this posting ..have been thinking about this for some time now:lol:

The guy's seem to pop up for a while..either get ignored or slated and then dissapear back into the woodwork...I guess just like being at home.:lol::lol::lol:

Its friggin lonley on here...where have they all gone ??? do you ladies scare the pants off them that much that they daren't not pass comment...just like being at home again:lol::lol: :lol:

maybe if we start a thread about motorbikes,footie,cars,page 3 or summit we could get a good response :lol::lol:

but ladies...be carefull you might not like what you hear :lol::lol::lol:

No honest. I'd like it:lol:
SERIOUSLY.....It is nice to hear guys being vocal on the site.
Makes a refreshing change tbh.
BUT we would like to see you posting more in the forums about nails...hair...skin etc.
Everyones opinion is useful and helpful!!

Jac you have lost too much weight! Good to see ya! I think the men possibly get intimidated in this female dominated industry....ha ha ....makes a change!
Cathie mate, you have a point, they dont like it up em..lol:lol:

I'd like to see two things as I think they would help the industry:

1. More confidence. There are many techs out there who are far better at their craft than they believe themselves to be. the lack of self confidence holds them back from being truly excellent and that saddens me. I'd encourage everyone to look at the evidence - tens of happy customers every day, rather than listen to the miserable little voice in your head that tells you bad stuff.

2. More Industry Pride. We are in a world where things are pretty stressful a lot of the time. This industry creates microenvironments where people can come, spend a couple of hours forgetting about the world and leave feeling better about themselves. What might be a 20 minute treatment to a therapist may keep that person going for another week, month etc - an old ladies eyebrows, a bit of nail polish. How many other industries can take someone's money and make them feel good about themselves at the same time.

3. More Business. What makes a good therapist tends not to make a great business person. Work at the latter so that you can touch more people and make the best of yourself and your salon

4) many more lap dancing clubs in rural areas :lol::lol::lol:

lol collin,
well this thread is lightening up my dull evening lol

There is a tendency to shave rather than wax so they make for a poorer revenue stream :cry:

Latest posts

Back