Text type!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No no everyone.. hahaha, I KNEW it was etc.. I always use it and know what its short for.
emmsybabes spelt it wrong and was corrected but I did see why coinnesuer had corrected it until naturalnails pointed it out! Because I didnt check it in her original post! LOL

You lot need sleep too! LMAO

Of course we know that you know tsia.. and of course I also know what it is..

I was only joking....

Oh drat,I forgot the second o in too :lol:
and I always thought ect... was that way.Now I know better ,
see ,how cool is this :green:

Oh I'm getting all confused with myself now ,and I have to keep looking at the keyboard:lol:

And can I ask,what is this for ... ; ...
also do I use a capital letter after a comma ?

no capital after a commar unless a name or place? is that right. I don't use ; so wouldnt really be sure what it's for. :)

Of course we know that you know Tsia.. and of course I also know what it is..

I was only joking....

See I'm doing it now! LOL

No no everyone.. hahaha, I KNEW it was etc.. I always use it and know what its short for.
Emmsybabes spelt it wrong and was corrected
LMAO
:green: :green:

Rub my nose in it why dont you ..:green:

:green: :green:

Rub my nose in it why dont you ..:green:

Haha the reason I didnt do capital 'E' was because it's not capital in your user name. :lol:

Oh I'm getting all confused with myself now ,and I have to keep looking at the keyboard:lol:

; is a semi-colon and it's used to separate two parts of a sentence,(clauses) sometimes used instead of a full stop.

You don't use a capital after a comma. Only after full stops, exclamation marks and question marks

You do not use capitals after using a comma, unless the following word always begins naturally with a capital and the semi-colon -;- is used to separate two different thoughts in the same sentence. You do not capitalise after the -;- either.

This is more fun than it was at school isn't it??

; is a semi-colon and it's used to separate two parts of a sentence,(clauses) sometimes used instead of a full stop.

But then why couldn't you just use a full stop instead and start another thought in a new sentence..?

How do we determine when to use a full stop or a semi-colon? have you an example that we can learn from Miss..?:)

Miss.. Can I go to the toilet? *sticks hand in the air*

Lmao.. Yes this is fun. There is something that has bugged me and actually caused a row with me and partner today.

I was taught to use
alot as one word.. yet partner says it should be a lot. and some people type it as allot which I see as definately spelt wrong.

If you could clear that up for me personally 'connoiseur' that would be most kind. :hug:

Ha ha the reason I didnt do capital 'E' was because it's not capital in your user name. :lol:

Ooh sugar lumps yeah :green: my apologies hahaha (thought I was being dead clever then too )

You do not use capitals after using a comma, unless the following word always begins naturally with a capital and the semi-colon -;- is used to separate two different thoughts in the same sentence. You do not capitalise after the -;- either.

This is more fun than it was at school isn't it??
OK now I am very lost :confused: , but I'll get it eventually :grr: :green:
(oo I just did spell check on my spelling but Gigi it came up that capitalize is spelt that way not with a "s" is that a country thing ?
I'm feeling very thick at the mo !

I was taught to use alot as one word.. yet partner says it should be a lot. and some people type it as allot which I see as definately spelt wrong.

If you could clear that up for me personally 'connoiseur' that would be most kind. :hug:

I think it is "a lot", two words.
As far as I know, we don't say "alittle" :wink2:
Let me check my dictionary, I always argue the same, that it's two words.
I want to be sure before I go plum crazy.

brb lol

My written english is not the best and I tend to type as I would say it :irked: But hey I have been here long enough for you to be use to my writing.

Ooh sugar lumps yeah :green: my apologies hahaha (thought I was being dead clever then too )

OK now I am very lost :confused: , but I'll get it eventually :grr: :green:
(oo I just did spell check on my spelling but Gigi it came up that capitalize is spelt that way not with a "s" is that a country thing ?
I'm feeling very thick at the mo !

'z' is the American spelling

I think it is "a lot", two words.
As far as I know, we don't say "alittle" :wink2:
Let me check my dictionary, I always argue the same, that it's two words.
I want to be sure before I go plum crazy.

brb lol

I used to spell it 'alot' and wondered why it always came up wrong in the spell check. Simple...because I'd spelt it wrong!:eek:

Like Victoria said, it should be two words.

Can somebody also tell me what "switch editor" mode is for next to the spell check please ?

Here's a pretty funny page about the word

Urban Dictionary: alot

And here's the dictionary

Dictionary.com

hth's:green:

ROTFLMAO!!!!

OK I'M A MORON! HAHA:lol:
Better start using it different. My sister uses it that way too, so maybe the school taught us wrongly? haha (pass the buck, pass the buck):smack:

ROTFLMAO!!!!

OK I'M A MORON! HAHA:lol:
Better start using it different. My sister uses it that way too, so maybe the school taught us wrongly? haha (pass the buck, pass the buck):smack:

It's okay, us teachers are used to it. We get blamed for a lot of things!:lol: :lol:

Ok, totally enjoying the giggles here!!

Here's another English lesson/riddle:

What word in the dictionary, features all of the vowels of the alphabet, including the letter 'Y', in their correct order?

I guessed this right and freaked out my teacher who had apparently stumped all of this students, and never had a student give the correct answer.

Put your thinking caps on.

:green:

Latest posts

Back