That word, BULLY

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say this is where I think it's time to call an end to the back and forth and say we each have our own method, some like to be nicey nice, I prefer to be direct, both work equally well in some instances.
I do believe that the skin and nail geeks won't understand the complexity of colouring as its not like applying nail polish that just covers and will turn out the correct colour every time regardless of experience or the skin geeks who's tan and makeup will come out the same on each person.
When it comes to hair there are tones that we have to work with, and their is a line of right and wrong. Colours are precise, with no blurred lines. This works and only this works is actually correct. X

Skin geeks are quite capable of harming people too.We use chemicals around people's eyes and hot wax around peoples intimate places we don't just put on make up and file nails thankyou very much I think we have quite a good understanding of the danger of chemicals.
There's just not so many rows on skin geek.

I teach and find that direct and to the point works well , arrogant and condescending most certainly doesn't. Education is not about belittling people nor is it intended to be patronising , theres a fine line. it's not always what is being said , it's " how "it is being said , clearly there are no tonal indicators on a forum ,however , there is a way of delivering advice effectively , if a poster chooses to disregard your advice , more fool them .

I could be wrong and dont snap at me skin and nail geeks buuuut most of our threads that get deened to be mean, bullying and rude are by skin and nail techs jumping in, hairdressers like you are very passionate about our work and i would even argue more so as we see it as our artwork on someones head walking around for everyone to see, like a tattooist i could imagine they would have similar agression come across in their posts.

Dont mistake passion for agression, some very minor occassions people have been snappy or rude buuut hair geeks have then stepped in and all has been ok again, hairdressers are not known for saying hun, hunnie, hugs, kisses, we jump in and jump out again, i very often dont reply until i have time unless i have seen an untrained geek give advise as though its correct when its blatently wrong, then a quick response is needed.

Mostly left to our own devices we get the amswers, have mini debates (not arguments) as there are so many different ways to come up with the same end result, so many different ways to get it disastrously wrong too, do that and the customer can be leaving with no hair or a completely different colour than expected when in the wrong hands this is why we sometimes refuse to help or advise against it.

I sit in the middle, i dont see a need to be derogatory or belittling but also not over the top friendly with someone you dont know but wish to help.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Skin geeks are quite capable of harming people too.We use chemicals around people's eyes and hot wax around peoples intimate places we don't just put on make up and file nails thankyou very much I think we have quite a good understanding of the danger of chemicals.
There's just not so many rows on skin geek.

Thanks for your input, its very much appreciated.

I never claimed you only filed nails and applied makeup. I was using them for the comparison on the colours. Hair colours work different than applying. I understand you use chemicals near eyes, but a black tint is just that, there isn't any need to consider the natural undertones or colours used previously when deciding on a colour to use to create the desired tonal requirements.

Thank for pointing out you are capable of harming people, that was a wonderful addition to the discussion.

There's my first ever sandwich that's not made with bread. X

I have to say I'm each to there own. Some like it direct and others don't. There are some people who reply in a manner I find rude so I just don't respond to their responses. In my eyes they are not bully's they are just rude which makes me laugh rather than feel offended so I ignore them.

Maybe people need to learn to ignore rather than respond with the term bully.

So basically....to sum up the thread and its contents...

If you don't use a sandwich in your critique it means you could be a rude bully. But if you use a sandwich it's OK?

I guess that means anything Tabatha Coffey ever says on that TV show that many geeks love is invalid and not relevant as she never uses a sandwich to deliver her findings?

Perhaps there really should be a unit about sandwiches in the NVQ as they are obviously very important to many people.

:confused:

So basically....to sum up the thread and its contents...

If you don't use a sandwich in your critique it means you could be a rude bully. But if you use a sandwich it's OK?

I guess that means anything Tabatha Coffey ever says on that TV show that many geeks love is invalid and not relevant as she never uses a sandwich to deliver her findings?

Perhaps there really should be a unit about sandwiches in the NVQ as they are obviously very important to many people.

:confused:

I wouldn't be surprised if Tabatha was a geek. Wonder how many times she's reported for rudeness or bullying? All I know is she's an awesome stylist, turns salons around and is very matter of fact.
It's strange she had her own tv show and a few salons being such a "bully" because she doesn't sandwich.

Maybe it's our scissors that make us sharp ;) x

I wouldn't be surprised if Tabatha was a geek. Wonder how many times she's reported for rudeness or bullying? All I know is she's an awesome stylist, turns salons around and is very matter of fact.
It's strange she had her own tv show and a few salons being such a "bully" because she doesn't sandwich.

Maybe it's our scissors that make us sharp ;) x

Lol. Have you seen the show? She gets accused of bullying and being horrible all the time...usually by the stylists who know they will be getting the sack by the end of the week now she is there and has the keys. I can't quite remember how the old saying goes, but its something like "You can fool some of the people some of the time..." and I think they all realise Tabatha ain't for fooling!

On your initial point though I doubt she is a geek...she would be a banned geek most probably. She'd never have lasted through all the students reporting her. Lol.

Lol. Have you seen the show? She gets accused of bullying and being horrible all the time...usually by the stylists who know they will be getting the sack by the end of the week now she is there and has the keys. I can't quite remember how the old saying goes, but its something like "You can fool some of the people some of the time..." and I think they all realise Tabatha ain't for fooling!

On your initial point though I doubt she is a geek...she would be a banned geek most probably. She'd never have lasted through all the students reporting her. Lol.

Had all of season one and two sky plussed and all watched repeatedly until some idiot put the memory settings to delete when space was needed. If she wasn't lesbian I would turn straight for her. X

Well all I have got to say is that there are a lot of long intelligent words being thrown around in this thread that I don't understand :D.I really need to get my dictionary out and start learning these words they sound great hahaha.

You think I'm joking I'm actually being serious :D.I would sound well intelligent using them hehehe.

I think it's good to be straight with people and to the point no messing approach but I do think if your going to be straight explain your reasons for this to the poster it's much more informative for them.

XX

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy.

[/MeanGirlshumour]

I don't understand lol :(

I don't understand lol :(

It's been thrown around by new geeks that we are all bully's and rude, so it's wished we could all be friends and get along well while dancing in a large circle singing songs, hugging and paying each other false compliments. X

Hi All,

I myself am a new member, but I still appreciate respect even in the written word. It is totally ok to voice opinions and of course people opinions will differ at times, but there is a way to approach things without being abrupt.

When things are written abrupt it can be interpreted at rude. We have ALL been students and personally I feel that it is lovely seeing the passion that people display, but if they get ahead of themselves we should be able to say reign it in a little and be patient until you have the understanding and knowledge. But at the same time trying to help individuals learn from their mistakes and help them to realise the why's and how's. Not just point blanky refusing to give help, and asking them to seek it elsewhere. If they are in a placement in a salon there is no difference in them asking the people they work with, and asking people here.

There is a MAJOR difference to a bully and just being rude and impolite.

People of all genres and age and level of capability will respond better to constructive criticism with kindness than abrupt, short, sharp replies. We are all busy whether it is running a salon, being a Mum, training and learning or going to college. I agree with what has been said previously in the thread and if you haven't got the time to explain respectfully your opinions and thoughts then don't say anything at all.

I know we are all adults and I know that many professionals on here speak regularly with others and so the older members will know and understand these people, but all NEW people CAN and WILL be put off posting as this has been proven and said.

I say time to be peaceful, stop judging and help to bring the best out in people!!!
:D :Love:

Thanks for your input, its very much appreciated.

I never claimed you only filed nails and applied makeup. I was using them for the comparison on the colours. Hair colours work different than applying. I understand you use chemicals near eyes, but a black tint is just that, there isn't any need to consider the natural undertones or colours used previously when deciding on a colour to use to create the desired tonal requirements.

Thank for pointing out you are capable of harming people, that was a wonderful addition to the discussion.

There's my first ever sandwich that's not made with bread. X

Slight tinge of sarcasm but you did quite well.

You see I think this is condescending. If I hadnt read the full thread then I would have reported this reply.
I think that is the clincher. Read the full thread before you jump in accusing people of beint bullies

Shall we be adults. Agree to disagree and move on?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

You see I think this is condescending. If I hadnt read the full thread then I would have reported this reply.
I think that is the clincher. Read the full thread before you jump in accusing people of beint bullies

Shall we be adults. Agree to disagree and move on?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Yes you are right I should have pmd it.

That's a demerit for you Miss W!

You started your reply with a negative and only included one positive at the end. It was more like a French jambon than a true sandwich.

Please try harder next time.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back