the 7 view points

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
with my constant obsession of trying to give my clients the perfect set, i came across a article about the 7 view points..if i have learnt exactly all this on previous courses i cant remember doing so:o

the seven usual views of the nail to consider are as follows :

1. the usual filing view (overall picture)
2. left side lateral (landscape contouring and arches)
3.right side (landscape contouring and arches)
4. down the barrel (c curve)
5. hand held up in front of the nail technician forwards (shaping and proportionality).the hand is held with knuckles facing the nail technician and palm facing the client and fingers pointed skyward.
6. backwards view or the backside of the hands and nails (evenness and proportionality).
this is the reverse of view 5 with the palm toward the nail technician,knuckle side to client and fingers pointing skyward with their elbows resting on table.
7. clients view. turn the hand around to see what they see from their perspective(overall picture). this is similar to view 5,except it is like looking down the barrel of the nails from the cuticle end, not the free edge end. the palm is toward the table, knuckle side up, nails pointing toward the client. the clients elbow and wrist are turned around toward the nail technician. this is the lying down or flat perspective of view 5(view 5 is the standing up or vertical view).

consistent and constant use of these 7 steps can eventually train the eye to see most common and obvious flaws from just one or two angles,instead of needing to see all 7.( thank God for that,lol:) )
armed with geegs nail class and this, maybe i will soon do that elusive perfect 10!

Thanks MJ. I do always do 1, 2 and 4 but I start to go cross eyed after a while!!! But it is a good idea to view the nails from every angle to get the full picture.

thanks Mel, its good to be reminded of these things, I too would love to do that elusive perfect full set..lol:)

Thanks Mel, found this most useful!

I did this at Excel it really helped but is sometimes hard to remember all 7 when your under pressure!!!

it does seem alot to check on especially when you are running behind..i admit i dont bother with all of them everytime..but for comps or pics it would certainly help..it came in handy for me the other week when my most fussiest client (who's my champion picker BTW) was adamant she had a crooked index..for the life of me i couldnt see it..until i checked view point 5..and she was right!:eek:
thanks for your replys:hug:

IMHO,the most important view is what I would call the "presentation view" (as you see them while you are doing them) or the "how you would show me your new ring view" , often if you alter the shape from other perspectives it will make them out of whack from another point of view.
In a competition it is important to select a model with straight nailbeds that present well from all points, any wonky nails are only accentuated by making them longer.

yes, some views may contradict another..you have to decide which angles to compromise on to give the best overall effect

with my constant obsession of trying to give my clients the perfect set, i came across a article about the 7 view points..if i have learnt exactly all this on previous courses i cant remember doing so:o

the seven usual views of the nail to consider are as follows :

1. the usual filing view (overall picture)
2. left side lateral (landscape contouring and arches)
3.right side (landscape contouring and arches)
4. down the barrel (c curve)
5. hand held up in front of the nail technician forwards (shaping and proportionality).the hand is held with knuckles facing the nail technician and palm facing the client and fingers pointed skyward.
6. backwards view or the backside of the hands and nails (evenness and proportionality).
this is the reverse of view 5 with the palm toward the nail technician,knuckle side to client and fingers pointing skyward with their elbows resting on table.
7. clients view. turn the hand around to see what they see from their perspective(overall picture). this is similar to view 5,except it is like looking down the barrel of the nails from the cuticle end, not the free edge end. the palm is toward the table, knuckle side up, nails pointing toward the client. the clients elbow and wrist are turned around toward the nail technician. this is the lying down or flat perspective of view 5(view 5 is the standing up or vertical view).

consistent and constant use of these 7 steps can eventually train the eye to see most common and obvious flaws from just one or two angles,instead of needing to see all 7.( thank God for that,lol:) )
armed with geegs nail class and this, maybe i will soon do that elusive perfect 10!
thanks Melody Jane, Always helpful to have another bit of info to help out. I do the side views and barrel views on each finger but not the rest. Thanks x

Latest posts

Back