The best bangs for round faces?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devonnaydf

Reaction score
I'm looking to change my hairstyle up a bit and thought about getting bangs. I have thick wavy long hair and a round face. I also wear glasses at times. Anyone have a suggestion?

Hi there!
I usually tell clients with round faces to keep their hair on the longer side ( on or past shoulders) . Keep layers long also as short layers enhance round cheeks , lovely bouncy waves are gorgeous on round faces . As far as fringes (bangs across the water ) i always suggest a lovely sweeping fringe again this distracts from the roundness of the face . Hope this helps x

I'm looking to change my hairstyle up a bit and thought about getting bangs. I have thick wavy long hair and a round face. I also wear glasses at times. Anyone have a suggestion?

Fantastic advice from above :D

I also recommend a side fringe, its easier to maintain, unless you have a cow lick. Again keep layers long, and maybe try having a loose perm? Nice flowing waves takes the roundness out of the face. :) x

Fantastic advice from above :D

I also recommend a side fringe, its easier to maintain, unless you have a cow lick. Again keep layers long, and maybe try having a loose perm? Nice flowing waves takes the roundness out of the face. :) x
Thanks for that , its nice to hear kind feedback by like minded people :) xx

i totally agree with the above rwo posters, i have a roundish face (my brother calls me pumpkin when i have self tan on lol) and i wear glasses normally too. my hair was always cut in a graduated bob (varying lengths) with a sweeping side fringe, now i have a pixie crop with increased layering(towards the face) which falls in a sweeping fringe, i would advise to keep the length of a sideways fringe slightly longer if you wear glasses, to avoid the 'specs bump' lol x

I have a client which her old hairdresser used to do her hair and he cut her hair with really really short layers looked really bad I didn't say to her that I just said you really need to leave this layers to grow longer it doesn't look right she said ok I m still a student so don't know much what suit who lol but those ideas are really good that's why my client short layers didn't suit her as she has round face
And short layers good question whoop

Oh and she also has a full fringe and wear glasses is that ok?

I have a client which her old hairdresser used to do her hair and he cut her hair with really really short layers looked really bad I didn't say to her that I just said you really need to leave this layers to grow longer it doesn't look right she said ok I m still a student so don't know much what suit who lol but those ideas are really good that's why my client short layers didn't suit her as she has round face
And short layers good question whoop

Hey Thiago, ive seen your still a student :D

The normal face shape us stylists aim for is an oval shaped face, but that can be quite tricky'.

Ive found some really good info for you if you want to take a look at choosing face shape and the best cut to suit the person :)

Haircuts 2013: The Most Flattering Styles By Face Shape

Latest posts

Back