THE Business Name Thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking about this more since posting and I am thinking of calling my business "The Pretty Face Place" what does everyone think?!!!

Its predominantly makeup and lashes, will eventually be a bit more beauty but more facials and skincare than mani-pedis although I would put them on the menu as it were.

Aaaargh now I need a new logo!!
I like the sound of that :)

Oh and to add odd ones for other people's salons, I once thought of bonita beautique/boutique; Cashmere beauty, The Look.

Ive been running The Pretty Face Place past ppl and they dont like it....having a brainstorm tomorrow.
Anything else other people rejected?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I was going to call my business "Call of Beauty" my hubby really liked it! But decided against because I would be doing holistic treatments as well!
So ended up with Stephanie's Therapies.

I Love this name xx

I am currently plain old beauty by Helen as I work from home! When I open my salon, a friend of mine suggested Hels Belles? I quite like it?!

I am currently plain old beauty by Helen as I work from home! When I open my salon, a friend of mine suggested Hels Belles? I quite like it?!

I thought hells bells - sounds like a funeral parlour! Lol sorry

Hee hee love this thread, I'm Italian so I wanted an Italian name but I also wanted the word beauty so people would know what I do so I chose The Bella Beauty, all my clients like it :)

I am most likely going to annoy people by jumping on this thread but I just wondered if anyone can tell me where I stand on naming a salon.

My current name is The Beauty Lounge *Name of place*

If I am luck enough to go on to have my own salon I am not sure this name works for the place I am looking at (It's very remote and tranquil) I have been considering things like:

The Beauty Den/The Treatment Den

The Retreat

OR

The Sanctuary *Name of Town*

I know Sancturay is obviously a name already in use but would I be able to use it if I had my town name incorporated into the name? How do you find out what you are and are not allowed to call yourself.

I know there are a million The Beauty Lounges out there so I just wanted to know how you find out without treading on anyones toes?

I was AS Beauty, AS being my initials...I never liked it, my ex who designed my first website chose it for me as I couldn't decide...! It was fine but didn't hint as to the fact I'm mobile, so, having recently got married (to a different man, who wouldn't dream of naming my business for me!!!) and changed my initials, I've changed it to

Worthing Mobile Beauty

Not exciting, not original, bus descriptive, and more likely to be looked for in google etc! So let's hope it works.

Other names I loved but decided against are:
Starbright Beauty
Glow
British Beauty
Pinup beauty
Vintage beauty

Back when I first started out I only did nails and tans so I was
Handzandtanz

Then in 2006 I trained in beauty
And really worked on my business name and strap line and image etc

I am now (and have been since 2007)
Uglees - for women that fake it!