The Cheek Of Some People

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna hair

Reaction score
Hi all sorry but just needed to have a rant.

A girl has been messaging me lately about wanting extensions prices, longevity etc. At the minute she has weaved in extensions but when she has these out she wants me to do a full head micro rings. She is planning on changing the colour of her hair after the weave is out.

Anyway I told her this was not a problem and I've given her as much info as possible. I also told her I will need to do a consultation (where I will need to take a deposit) and that my prices include an aftercare kit. She asked if she can book in for the end of march beginning of april. Again no problem.

Well I've just had a message from her saying as she bought the wefts she has in at the minute can she give me the number of them so I know what colour to get. If they don't match up to her new hair colour then she will colour them. She also asked how much the aftercare kit will cost as someone has quoted her £17 for an aftercare kit which gives her shampoo, conditioner, and brush.

She wants to know if I can take the cost of the aftercare kit off my bill and if I can take some money off for not having to visit her twice as apparently I wouldn't need to see her twice.

Honestly some people cheeky isn't good enough to describe them.

:mad:

Jut tell her that's your price and your not taking anything off the bill, if she's not happy she can go else where! Some people will try anything! X

Ah theres loads of them about at the moment. Theyre driving me nuts too, always asking a million questions about the prices of things, then at the last minute saying "oh I dont need it done now" Or micro analyizing every pit of your pricing structure to get a couple of pence off!
I stand firm. My price is my price, dont like it, theres the door.
I would tell her that you cant gaurantee the extensions unless she uses the aftera=care you provide. Dont take it out of your pricing. If you take money off here and there it gets so complicated!
People are just trying to make their money go as far as possible right now so you cant blame the girls for asking!
XXXX

Ah there's always gonna be someone who wants some money off or something done cheaper! Just stay to your price range and keep your head held high! :D

Don't worry my prices won't be changing for her.
Just couldn't believe her cheek!

I've had a couple of people lately asking for prices/info etc then going to another girl to get them fitted.

I know who the other girl is. A non hairdresser charging £160 for a full head inc after care and a free spray tan.

Hmmm talk about too good to be true.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I'm sure this is just a hair Extensions thing? It drove me so nuts last week I was willing to jack hair extensions in. I don't get nearly as much as half the agro with my beauty clients.

Some clients do try it....id stick with my aftercare, saying id rather you have this so i know your not messing your hair up...slighlty scaremongering but it works. Plus you have the added insurance that correct aftercare is being used.

Add a compliementary scalp massage.....to win them over! hehe! xoxo

Hi all sorry but just needed to have a rant.

A girl has been messaging me lately about wanting extensions prices, longevity etc. At the minute she has weaved in extensions but when she has these out she wants me to do a full head micro rings. She is planning on changing the colour of her hair after the weave is out.

Anyway I told her this was not a problem and I've given her as much info as possible. I also told her I will need to do a consultation (where I will need to take a deposit) and that my prices include an aftercare kit. She asked if she can book in for the end of march beginning of april. Again no problem.

Well I've just had a message from her saying as she bought the wefts she has in at the minute can she give me the number of them so I know what colour to get. If they don't match up to her new hair colour then she will colour them. She also asked how much the aftercare kit will cost as someone has quoted her £17 for an aftercare kit which gives her shampoo, conditioner, and brush.

She wants to know if I can take the cost of the aftercare kit off my bill and if I can take some money off for not having to visit her twice as apparently I wouldn't need to see her twice.

Honestly some people cheeky isn't good enough to describe them.

:mad:
One thing I could recommend and its worked for us is make up a written disclaimer not allowing some of these things and get the client to sign it when they give a deposit you are well within your rights obviously not too restricting but as long as its fair you should be ok. I always say you cannot legislate for idiots and cheeky b"£$$%%s

I have had the same text message backwards and fourth and it takes ages, now I just give them the basic information and state that this will be discussed in consultation and get them to book an appointment. Saves time and energy.

Tell her the 1st consultation visit is free of charge and isn't included in the price and that the aftercare kits are a gifted item also not included in the price. "freebies" as we all know are never free but covered in some other cost, but it's always a hook with a line for everyone xoxo

Latest posts

Back