The Cheek Of Some People

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail creations

Reaction score
I did a set of nails for a client in our local shop on wednesday she came to see me yesterday to tell me that a local women who used to do beauty and nails came into the shop and asked who had done her nails she said Andrea why, The women pulled a funny face and said oh i couldeve have done them better myself and cheaper.
I charged my client £25 for clear tips with cracked ice on the tips they looked really nice.
Anyway the woman started to ask what did she use, how did she put the designs on , did she use stickers, is it gel or acrylic, a good therapist wouldeve known all this imo.
She then said i prefer the white tips my client said i wanted something different she had to keep her cool at this moment then the women left.
I am really busy with clients and i dont think the woman likes it i have already got 3 of her cvlients that dont go to her for nails anymore so i say no more.
But why do some tech slag off pull other techs work down i just dont get it i wouldnt dream of it.

But why do some tech slag off pull other techs work down .
Because they're jealous and scared. Your nails were obviously fantastic. Good for you. xxx

But why do some tech slag off pull other techs work down i just dont get it i wouldnt dream of it.
One word... JEALOUSY.

This woman is as jealous as hell of your skills, and if she's already lost 3 clients to you then she must also be worried about her business.
Try not to let her get to you, if she does get to you then she's won, it's not worth worrying about, your work speaks for itself otherwise she wouldn't have questioned your client like she did.

I cant believe some people are so jealous and catty!!
On the other hand ... I can.

Sounds like she is trying to poach customers back.
How many times has she done that to a client that hasnt told you? :rolleyes:

At least you know her game now, making it easy for you to stay one step in front of her.
Sandi's right, dont let her get to you.. shes obviuosly that desperate to stoop so low.:smack:

Thankyou for your replys my client said she had white tips on pushed right down and a flowered sticker on her thumbs.
Its funny a couple of weeks back i saw her in the shop i was in the que waiting to be served she had nails on then dont know if its me but i always look at nails anyway she hid her nails so i couldnt see them.
I told emma m and she laughed she said she did the same to her when she saw her.

take it as a compliment lol ...you should say to this woman when you see her

"oh hiya i heard you were wondering how to do the cracked ice design !...well id offer to show you ,but im just soooooo busy with all my clients at the moment..some other time mabey bye !" :green: :green: :green:
her face would be a picture !
jealousy in this profession is just daft .theres no point ..we do have a lot of competition but these people should concentrate on bettering their own skills instead of wasting their time puttin other peoples work down ..
wheres the pride in putting other techs down,
look at us geeky's how often do you here on here how much geeks are proud to be part of this site ..and why ? ..because we all muck in and help eachother where we can ..
i would never go to a tech who puts anybody down ..coz then you dont know what she says about you when your back is turned ...

jealousy gets you nowhere! and to slag another tech off to clients will put the client off!!

She obviously is not as good as you as she should would have known the difference between cracked ice and a sticker- duh!

Take it as a compliment- you are just way better than her.

xxx

How unproffessional, there is no wonder she is loosing clients! I would never slate another techs work, no matter how much I may think i could do better!

HOW SAD!

What an insecure jealous creature she must be.

Bet she was green with envy mate.....nice jubbly cracked ice nails or....WHITE TIPS:eek: er.........not much competition there then !!

amb x

Have you noticed that Hairdressers do this too...:rolleyes: whenever you go to a different salon they always say.."where did you go before"...then :rolleyes: then "its not cut very well".....:lol: i am a bit naughty sometimes though and say i won a competition on This Morning and that Charles Worthington cut it.....that soon shuts them up...:lol:

i am a bit naughty sometimes though and say i won a competition on This Morning and that Charles Worthington cut it.....that soon shuts them up...:lol:

That's really funny!!! :lol:

if you're happy with your work and you know you did well don't worry. She is obviously jealous of your work and clients. Some people can't take competition.
I'm from near Pontefract and haven't had the 'pleasure' of dealing with this tech yet!!

Thankyou for your replys my client said she had white tips on pushed right down and a flowered sticker on her thumbs.
Its funny a couple of weeks back i saw her in the shop i was in the que waiting to be served she had nails on then dont know if its me but i always look at nails anyway she hid her nails so i couldnt see them.
I told emma m and she laughed she said she did the same to her when she saw her.

It certainly sounds like the clients like what you can do and good for you for remaining professional. Slagging off and back biting is what people who are not up to par and very insecure do. Well done it's nail tech's with good business ethics like you, that keep our business true:)

I did a set of nails for a client in our local shop on wednesday she came to see me yesterday to tell me that a local women who used to do beauty and nails came into the shop and asked who had done her nails she said Andrea why, The women pulled a funny face and said oh i couldeve have done them better myself and cheaper.
I charged my client £25 for clear tips with cracked ice on the tips they looked really nice.
Anyway the woman started to ask what did she use, how did she put the designs on , did she use stickers, is it gel or acrylic, a good therapist wouldeve known all this imo.
She then said i prefer the white tips my client said i wanted something different she had to keep her cool at this moment then the women left.
I am really busy with clients and i dont think the woman likes it i have already got 3 of her cvlients that dont go to her for nails anymore so i say no more.

Thats nothing, i have another tech that makes prank calls and bogus appointments with me, it's very annoying. I rang the phone company to get the phone number of this person who keeps ringing me and then i rang it and the nail tech answered the phone with "bleep bleeps nail salon" so that kind of gave it away and then i politly told her to stop ringing me and she sort of froze and didnt say anything for a bit then said i dont know what your talking about and then hung up LOL:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back