The Edge products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chatabox

Reaction score
im doing a nail tech course and have had to get the edge acrylic kit
and the edge gel kit..
we all have to use the same product
has anyone used this product before and what did you think of it
when i asked how and why the edge i was told midle of the road product
and suitable for learning with as its easier to play with
your thoughts
thanks

im doing a nail tech course and have had to get the edge acrylic kit
and the edge gel kit..
we all have to use the same product
has anyone used this product before and what did you think of it
when i asked how and why the edge i was told midle of the road product
and suitable for learning with as its easier to play with
your thoughts
thanks

I would say that was an accurate description.

There are not many colleges that opt to use the highest quality products in their training ... although many are coming around to doing so now which is a good thing.

We use the edge kit at college and to be honest I'm not impressed. The polishes clot as you work also the kit was missing many things we need such as a cuticle knife, but had clippers. the tutor did not choose it and she is not impressed, I had to go out and buy many extras.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, i used the edge products whilst at college doing my level 2 , the only thing i found ok was the nail polish remover, i was the same i had to go out and buy other equipment that was missing, dont really rate the products, i would say they are ok to learn with but when you start getting clients a higher end product would be best.

Heya,

I used The Edge when training, I personally didn't come across any problems - Can't say much about the polishes though, never used them.

I would agree with what your teacher has told you though, but i also agree with what vicki_20 said, to invest in better products when you come to working on paying clients.

Good luck with your course.

Annabel
x

thanks to all who answered..
the only tools in mine were tip cutters and a pair of sissors
we tried out the acrylic and i thought it became hard to work with very quickly.. ive used creative in the past and find that lovely to work with
not to quick or to slow...i think probably the threat about blaming product is about right really... and the buck should stop here..its generaly all a learning curve and i hope to improve with practice but there are only so many people who are happy to be guinee pigs.. im learning more and more it truely is all about the PREP...

Heya,

I used The Edge when training, I personally didn't come across any problems - Can't say much about the polishes though, never used them.

I would agree with what your teacher has told you though, but i also agree with what vicki_20 said, to invest in better products when you come to working on paying clients.

Good luck with your course.

Annabel
x

My college has decided to go with Ezflow this year. I was quite pleased about this as I have heard so many good things about them, however, less than 50% of a 24 strong class have bought the Ezflow kit. Some even bought gels and brushes from *bay (china). There's no way I will be letting anyone put that on my nails :eek:

I think in comparison, The Edge is great, especially when you are using it to practice on each other with.

Latest posts

Back