The Event - Rewarding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CUTE, Carl ... just like you!!

Why is The Salon Geek special to me?
Reasons of heart first, and then reasons of brain: :green:

1. Feels so good to be here. Everyone is friendly and helpfull. People that are over the world away, and yet so close when you're in doubt, when feel like you can't understand or cope with something, or just wanting to share your accomplishment with others who will understand and won't say, oh, get a 'real job'. Coz this IS a real job. I gained confidence, and it doesn't feel like I'm alone in this anymore.

2. This is an endless source of knowledge, tips&tricks, ideas, experience that is shared so unselfishly, and yet, it doesn't throw 'pearls before pigs' by lowering it to the unprofessional level. There is so much dignity here... It's hard when you're 'one man band' and have no one to share or compare your experience and troubles with. Since I got here, I learned so much, I'm so much more confident in my work and my skills have improved. I found people just like me and it feels great.

Yes, I'm addicted :green: So big thanks to everyone :hug:

Why is The Salon Geek special to me?
Reasons of heart first, and then reasons of brain: :green:

1. Feels so good to be here. Everyone is friendly and helpfull. People that are over the world away, and yet so close when you're in doubt, when feel like you can't understand or cope with something, or just wanting to share your accomplishment with others who will understand and won't say, oh, get a 'real job'. Coz this IS a real job. I gained confidence, and it doesn't feel like I'm alone in this anymore.

2. This is an endless source of knowledge, tips&tricks, ideas, experience that is shared so unselfishly, and yet, it doesn't throw 'pearls before pigs' by lowering it to the unprofessional level. There is so much dignity here... It's hard when you're 'one man band' and have no one to share or compare your experience and troubles with. Since I got here, I learned so much, I'm so much more confident in my work and my skills have improved. I found people just like me and it feels great.

Yes, I'm addicted :green: So big thanks to everyone :hug:

English is my first (and only language) but I couldn't have ever found the right words like that !! says it all with bells on xxx

it just helps in a range of different ways everyone has a story which helps or gived a different view on the same problem x

For the first few years of my career I worked alone, I ilve in a country where nails are few and far between and had no1 to talk nails to. I was introduced to samuelsweet.com and havent looked back. I really appreciate the help/advice given to me and hope I am helping and giving back to others

Why is the salongeek so special to me???

I am proud to say that I have been a geek since January 2003, when it was just a cute litte forum with 11 members lol. The Nail Geek.

From day one there was fab advice for me take in and even though I was the only Fibreglass Technician in this tiny Geek village, I was welcomed with open arms.

What makes it so special is the passion and the knowledge this site shares with all and sundries. We didn't even have tutorials in the early days. We had a forum that had the potential to become something very big and important out there in the lonley scary world of nails. I wanted to be part of that.
Now look at us!!!!!! My, how we have grown and evolved.

The community spirit in the very early days was that of a cosy little village of nails. Who would have thought that it would turn into a world of nails and then into a world of beauty too.The spirit of this site in essence is still the same, passion drives us forward and keeps us what we are... Salon Geeks and I am very proud of that.

So I am happy to say that since joining the geeksite on the 12.01.03 my life in the world of nails has become something that is exiting, fun and geektastic!!!!

I have made friends that have been there for me, when others would have run a mile. I have had the good fortune to be mentored by the best in the industry and in turn have been able to mentor others. I have found that on this fab forum of ours you dont pay back favours, you pay them forward.

Thats why this site is so special to me xxxx

I think the easiest way for me to describe what Salon Geek means to me is to say what I would NOT have achieved if it were not here.

I would not have entered a career in nails at all!!
I would not have chosen CND for my training and products.
I would not have continued to study for my level 3 beauty.
I would not have had the opportunity to meet some wonderful, talented, like minded people.
I would not have my own business.
It would not be succeeding!:green:

Finally....I would have nothing to fill my evening with.:lol:

Thank you Sam and all the other Geeks who have helped to make me what I am today.....:Love::Love:

wow what lovely answers and posts.

I was number 15 to join. I remember Sam messing around on the computer (which he does 24/7 anyway) and being so excited whenever anyone new joined.

The site has introduced me to many wonderful people. I love that we can help... you know, switch the lights on for people who haven't had the right training.

I love how Sam is sooo straight and makes sure that he lives what he preaches in the Site Commandments.

I feel very proud of what this site has and continues to accomplish.

I feel very proud that something that helps our industry the way it does... is a part of S2!
Posted via Mobile Device

i love this site as it guides me whenever i feel unsure about something and that i might sound daft (or having a brain fart!) when the answer may be simple :confused:. so all i have to do is scroll through other users questions and i always find the answer!
thank you!!! x
I feel like im a part of a wee community!
fabulous!!
:hug:

This site is an invaluable source of knowledge and experience but it is also a community where good and bad times can be shared, questions can be asked, opinions can be expressed, advice given but most importantly friendships are made.
Thank you Sam for such a wonderful gift.

Salon geek has been many things to me.....a place to go to in times of trouble,somewhere for some peace and solace,with a glass of pinot noir,and some much loved and respected geeks who have so much information that is willingly given....and free of charge:lol:

Even though i may not come on as often as i would like....it is still great to always come back "home":hug:

Salon Geek is special to me becuase...

The little spark becomes a roaring bushfire everytime I log in... I LOVE IT..

Thanks geeks.

Salon Geek is special to me because everyone has the same interests as me at heart. I know I have a genuine group of people I can turn to for advice and help.

Latest posts

Back