Tracey Broadway!!! I'm so naive, Help Need Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiakayla

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
How foolish am i, tried taking the easy route to getting my arcylic qualifiction and stopped doing my BSY Group course training (which is reconised) as it included all types of nail extension and i am only really interested in the acrylic extensions, so me being foolish and naive i thought i would sign up and pay my money to the what seems like a con artist Tracey Broardway. I finished the course and sent what i was required to send to get my qualification and that was months ago and im emailing regularly and getting no response (not that the qualification she sends is gonna be worth the paper its written on) and i cant find a number to call to see what the hell is going on.

Can anybody track down a number for her? I want answers!!!

On the plus side I learnt a lot of the theory and method of doing acrylics from my BSY Goup course before i gave it up and also whilst doing the Tracey Broadway course i got practical training from a qualified technician but unfortunately she cant qualifie me as she aint qualified to teach.
Im pretty good though even if i do say so myself.

So to sum up im gonna have to start again for a 3rd time and wasted £600 on course that were no good to be Grrrrrr.

From what iv read others say on this site, the best home nail course is Essential Nails, is that now the best way for me to go?

Thank Fellow Geeks.

Last edited:
Hi there, first of all sorry that you got conned,:hug:
Secondly i have to say, i started off on a home learn course with Essential Nails, they help you get started BUT you cant then go and work on the public, the course doesn't cover everything that you need to know so like me, you will then go and spend more on further training, if i were you i'd skip the home learn and give CND a call, if not them then look at EzFlow, Young Nails, NSI and ask them about training, you'd be better off as you will have hands a hands on tutor, CND were the best for me so if you do choose them just give Sweet Squared a call 0845 210 6060 I hope this helped you. Good luck in what you decide. :hug:

Hi there, first of all sorry that you got conned,:hug:
Secondly i have to say, i started off on a home learn course with Essential Nails, they help you get started BUT you cant then go and work on the public, the course doesn't cover everything that you need to know so like me, you will then go and spend more on further training, if i were you i'd skip the home learn and give CND a call, if not them then look at EzFlow, Young Nails, NSI and ask them about training, you'd be better off as you will have hands a hands on tutor, CND were the best for me so if you do choose them just give Sweet Squared a call 0845 210 6060 I hope this helped you. Good luck in what you decide. :hug:

why cant you work on the public? i trained with essential nails and have been working on the public for 4 years now? im insured by salon gold,

oh dear lord, i didn't mean it like that, i just ment that there is still so much more to learn as you do not cover everything on the essential nails course. I've done the essential nails course and yes it got me so far but it wasn't enough, it wasn't until i went on a proper course with a hands on tutor that i realised how much is actually missing from the training, i didn't want the poster to do what i did and go off and spend ££££'s on a course only to have to spend more ££££s on another one.:)

i suppose it depends on how each person learns, i have only ever done essential nails and only use dream proucts as i dont see why i should go for more training if i am happy with the products and do pretty great sets of nails
i personally didnt want to do the other courses as 5 days on a course seemed to quick for me and i took months to finish my acrylic and gel course through EN

Well then thats your choice, however, i myself and many others go on courses every year to brush up on our skills and to learn new skills, its what motivates me, there is nothing like the feeling of coming fresh of a course and feeling inspired and motivated. The last course i went on was great, i learnt so much again, your always learning in this business and thats good, i dont want to do just one course and thats that, i want to be able to offer my clients everything. :hug:

Essential Nails is ok...its a start...like all foundation/beginner courses it is a start , but at the end of the day you WILL need to do some class-based training...you WILL need to update your skills & knowledge by attending further classes EVERY YEAR.
I am sorry that you have lost so much money but I do feel like saying ..stop looking for the easy option..you have made a MASSIVE mistake...learn from it NOW..do not waste any more of your time or money...learn from this mistake put it behind you and go out there and find yourself some good reputable training with a company you know that you can trust & will not regret using.

If you do your research on here then you will soon discover which company's are the best & hopefully you will never make such a mistake again..

Good luck

Thats a great link izzidoll, i remember that thread from before. I can't believe that this Tracey Broadway is still selling her tat, surely she should've been shut down by now since she has most likely conned alot of people out of their hard earned cash!:eek:

Thats a great link izzidoll, i remember that thread from before. I can't believe that this Tracey Broadway is still selling her tat, surely she should've been shut down by now since she has most likely conned alot of people out of their hard earned cash!:eek:

I know what you are saying, but we should all bear in mind that this woman has had no right of reply on here, and there are always 2 sides to every story. I am surprised though that no one has come to her defence even a non geek, I didn't even do that search on here as I just googled her name and found that thread!! Maybe a little warning is due here as well to watch what is said especially when you are naming names!

Hi There,

Thanks for your helpfull replys,

I would just like to say that i have done all my theory on Acrylic nail extension, so im knowledgable in that sense.

Also i have i done hands on training with a fellow nail tech although she isnt a tutor and bad habits can be picked, iv made sure i followed theorectically the method taught to me by the BSY Group who are reconised.

I am at a stage where im able to perform a excellent set of acrylic nail extensions with no problems.

I can prove that if people would like me to post pictures to see my work.

I know i said i took the easy route but really iv far from taken the easy route, if anything iv taken to the long and expensive route and made mistakes along the way (tracey broardway) but its taken alot of time and effort to get this far.

Im going to go with EN.

Thanks Tiakayla

I know what you are saying, but we should all bear in mind that this woman has had no right of reply on here, and there are always 2 sides to every story. I am surprised though that no one has come to her defence even a non geek, I didn't even do that search on here as I just googled her name and found that thread!! Maybe a little warning is due here as well to watch what is said especially when you are naming names!

I don't think this is true to say actually .. she has had every right to reply she just hasn't done it.

No insult to the poster, but if one takes the time to look at the set up, it is obvious as the nose on your face that it is not at all what it appears to be ... it is a 'get rich quick' type scheme that promises the earth and delivers nada. It sounds too good to be true and like all those things .. it is.

Thank you so much Ruth Fordham thats very very helpfull.
She will be getting a call from me tomorrow.

I came across her website a while ago and thought it looked too good to be true, if you google the address shown on her website it is associated with quite a few other "get rich quick" websites and all looked very dodgy IMO. I am just glad I found SG last year and have picked up so much usful info on whats good and bad in the industry, without reading through thread on here I would have went for the easy option and wasted a few hundred pound.
I hope you are able to get in contact with her and hopefully get somewhere. :hug:

I will get answers!!! Im gonna be like a dog with a bone now. I may even try for a full refund, Citizen Advise burea can help me with that if there not forth coming. I dont really care if i get my money back as she obviously needs it more than me, but it will help towards my EN course.

Oh Surprise Surprise!!! The number that was quoted on that page Ruth Fordham is out of operation. Dont looks like im gonna get any type of explaination. I may still seek help from CAB though, see if they can come up with anything. Thank You.

ive looked on the site and im just confused as there is no where on there that states you get a qualification or certificate, or even if they are accredited
looks like its just about a learning guide not a training guide

out of curiosity why did you pick this perticular site as there isnt and details about it at all

I went to Tracy Broadway because it was recommended to by someone i thought knew what they were talking about, but they obviously didnt.

hi, i had exactly the same course too and the same thing has happened to me!! could you tell me if you ever got in touch and if you did how? thanx :)

Latest posts

Back