The Hair Geek is now open for Biz!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, geeks of all ages - welcome to the evolution of The Salon Geek :)

The Hair Geek

I have been working on trying to get The Hair Geek open now for the past year and a half and I am proud to say that it (along with a few other items) is now complete! I am excited about this area of expansion as I think there is loads that Skin Geeks and Nail Geeks can benefit from the union. Please make sure that you spread the word to hair geeks out there!

Layout Changes

As many of you have noticed, we have been working on tweaking the layout and other various bits and pieces around here.
We now have 3 distinct separate areas of the forums (reception, professional and café) which gives the site a much cleaner look and feel. We have also tweaked the navigation around a bit so that it is cleaner and more intuitive. My favourite being the ability to search what's new in the on topic areas versus the entire site.

Biz Geek

We have also added The Biz Geek for salon business discussions that are not necessarily hair, nails or skin centric. This is the area to talk about anything and everything from Booth renting, taxes, recruitment, staff, pay, pricing, etc...

I think that one is going to be a hit!

I have added a new recruitment section for those Geeks wishing to place 'ads' looking for staff (rent or commission). This will replace the crappy GeekBay version as it is far more versatile, intuitive AND it has far more features (i.e. the posts will automatically expire after a set amount of time so the information is always current).

If you have space in your salon, Set up an ad in Recruitment today!

We have a new moderator!

With the addition of the Hair Geek portion of the site, we needed to grow the moderator team. After discussion and searching about - I decided to take a slightly different approach and invite an outside moderator to join us.
I was looking for an experienced moderator that did hair, was outside of Europe (to give our team better coverage) and that was balanced (but not too balanced!) and respected. We have managed to find all of those things in one person (thank goodness for multiple personality disorder!).

Please welcome JDs (Jayne) to the team :)

JDs is from Washington state, so she is roughly -8 hours GMT. This gives us much better moderator coverage whilst the mods here are beddy bye (for the 1.5 hours they actually sleep).

Well, that is almost as much updating as I think I handle do in a single day! There is still more changes to come though! In the meantime...

nJoy

looking good Sam :)
& welcome to JDs :hug:

Jess
xox

Lovin the changes & Welcome to JDs :hug:

Well done Sam it is all looking very posh now,
your link to JDS is not working i just tried to follow it to welcome her but it came up this page cannot be found

Well I know many of us have a moan when you tweak the site, but I have to say that this one is KEWL!!! I'm loving the new changes so a big thank you.

and a biggup geeky welcome to JD :hug: to the site and the moderator team. Her input will be most welcome, especially to help the hair side of things.

Thank you for these lovely changes.

Looking forward to getting to know JD.
:hug:

great idea to add hair, welcome JDs

Fab... all salon staff welcome then!!!

And welcome to the site JDs :hug:

Well done Sam.

I think this new move is going to make this site even more professional than ever!

Thanks.

That's brill Sam, well done!! :hug:

Welcome JDs

Nice one Sam and welcome JDs :hug:

Sounds great, Welcome JDs

Welcome JDs!! Plus way to go yet again Sam!!! Now get some rest!!!! :) :hug:

Why am I on here at 3am? Because :zzz: eludes me.

Way to go Sam and welcome JDs xx

Yes job well done Sam! I will have to hand out compliments and kudos to the making of this site. I have spent a few hours here and there browsing thru the different paths and will say, I am proud to be a part of this. This place is awesome.

And Thank you everyone for a nice welcome.

A huge Geeky welcome to you Jayne... :green:
you'll love it here, we're a friendly bunch of peeps who all have a passion for the industry we represent :hug:

The site changes are fab :D

Welcome on board JDs (Jayne),

Thanks for putting in your time and efforts for the site, along with your fellow moderators!:)

welcome to the site JD
cool look sam

welcome JD - looking forward to learning loads from you..

and sam... i noticed that you are no longer 'the nail geek'... but just 'the geek'.... did you HAVE to do that.....???? :cry:

Hi either I am blind or has the nail critique gone or has it just been put somwhere else and im too stupid to find it?? xx

Latest posts

Back