The Hardest Zone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobermum

Reaction score
I am really struggling with Zone 3. I push it too far into the cuticle. So on the next nail I am really careful...and I end up with a step!!!!

What was the hardest zone for you when you were traiing and why?

I am really struggling with Zone 3. I push it too far into the cuticle. So on the next nail I am really careful...and I end up with a step!!!!

I am officially still training (L&P) and am finding zone 2 very hard - I originally trained in fabrics so am not used to "building" a nail!

I think zone 3 for me too, I conciously had to place my bead a little further back than I wanted to so after settling it actually ended up where i wanted it to be!? Hope this makes sense!! I now find that zone 3 is the zone that needs the least work when filing, because it has been placed correctly and at the right consistency, minimal filing is needed with no lifting!

The 3 P's for Zone 3, Perseverence + Practice = Perfection :green: HTH xx

Zone 3 is definitely a tricky little thing. Taper zone 2 right down so that there is no ledge, place your tiny zone 3 bead on top of Zone 2 then gently pat it into place & smooth over rest of zone 2, not forgetting side walls. Unfortunately im not good at teaching, but, Have you had a look at the tutorials on here? There are some fantastic ones for you to print off & refer back to.
Also, if you can - give your educator a call to discuss your problems. Practice is only efective if you are practicing it right. Education Education Education!!
good luck.

Zone three was definately worse for me. I thought it would never happen but after loads of practise it seems to get easier. I had a one to one which helped loads.

check the angle of your brush for zone 3, i used to struggle aswell, but now i hold the finger down and my brush angle is up
hth

I have problems with zone 2, cause I tend to take a to large ball and then I don't need a 3th ball on zone 3.
So when I followed my course, they said that we should try to make a nail with 2 balls, so i'm doing fine you probably think, not so!
cause my second ball is to large i need to spread it near the cuticule and yep be very careful not to touch it, and then I get a nail from space, so need to do alot of filing to get it right.:mad:
Don't ask me why my balls are alway's so large, it seems I assume the nailbeds are larger as they are!

Yes, zone 3 was hardest for me too.

I only stopped having problems with it when I started using the Ezflow 508 brush so I wonder if a damn good brush has something to do with it? Maybe I changed my angles slightly around the same time otherwise.

zone 3 was definately the hardest. you will get there though.

I actually used to get soooo stressed ove zone 1 doing the smile line,I practiced and practiced,especially on my poor daughter.

Anyway one day she said"mum your smile lines are fine I think you need to think about your cuticle area".:eek:

When she said this I thought,yes she's right,this is going to be my next area I will concentrate on so after reading loads on here I purchased Gigi's book and can honestly say it was a real eye opener.

Having the brush at the correct angle and placing the bead on zone 2,and making sure small enough bead,has made a huge difference.

Try it,and it wont seem so hard.HTH:green:

Thanks ladies...I had read the tutorial but I think I need to see it.
Did another set this morning and it was a lot better but I'm glad it's not just me. I'm bad at the smile lines too but for some reason I am more hung up on zone 3 at the minute.

Zone 3 is defo to do with the angle of the brush and size of bead......nice wee small bead after you have done zones one and two....visualising an anle is difficult, for me anyway, unless you have been shown, but for zone 3 you need to be having your brush pointing more towards your chin, not flat to the nail and on a quite steep angle....if you're going in too flat, you will push that bead too far and into the cuticle!

Zone 3 is defo to do with the angle of the brush and size of bead......nice wee small bead after you have done zones one and two....visualising an anle is difficult, for me anyway, unless you have been shown, but for zone 3 you need to be having your brush pointing more towards your chin, not flat to the nail and on a quite steep angle....if you're going in too flat, you will push that bead too far and into the cuticle!

Very well put!

Latest posts

Back