The "I am feeling the pinch" thread...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well!...I have just put in my slow cooker....chopped up onions and sausages....didn't have any swede n carrot....so i diced up sweet potato and carrot....thats all chucked in me slow cook cos i cant be bothered standing over the stove lol ill put some stock or water in later as its just got a bit of oil in at mo....ill let you know how it turns out later! lol

Well I have just been shopping !!!
I went round some various shops to try and make it as cheap as possible.
I had about £50 and did ok,
I even got a asda smartprice casserole jar of sauce for .......30p !!!! :eek:
Normally I wouldnt have even looked at that..(Hell I am no snob lol, I can't afford to be lmao..but some things I just go for named labels automatically without thinking)
By the time I got to Asda I was panicking lol I had £23 and coppers in my purse...
My shopping came to £22 in there lol...

But 10 Muller corners for £2 !!! I was made up with that..
Also I normally think I am being a cheapskate by going to the pound shop for my shampoo and conditioner..Instead I looked in asda and got their own...It was only 49p for a massive shampoo...and 54p for the conditioner...BARGAIN !!!!
I got my loo rolls from home bargains...instead of asda where I normally pay about £1.80 for 4 ...they were only 99p in H/B..
so yup...we don't have many treats (infact brunch bars are our only treat lol) but am I bovver-ed.....NOPE !
I bought meal things...mince, spuds, veggies etc....And so help me god..I will do my best to cook everyday :o

I did do a bit of a tight ass thing though....SHHHHHHHH its a secret don't tell anyone..
The other day it was my sisters 21st..I had no money to get her anything, so avoided seeing her lol..
Today I took a pair of pants back to new look (bought them,weeks ago,
they didn't fit...couldn't find receipt) she offered to put the money on a gift card for me :idea: ....I put £4 to it...and now will shove the £20 gift card in my sisters birthday card yayyyyy lol

ooooooo I'll tell you what did annoy me today though...
I bought a roll of bubble wrap, to wrap some parcels in....got home and my millenium guild prize had come...and what do you think was in the box ???..............
yup a tonne of fecking bubble wrap :grr:

did you keep ur receipt for ur bubble wrap!!!!!

Well done Emms !

If I was you, take the bubblewrap back if you can :lol:

M.

try to resist the temptation of popping it on the way tho...they might not want it back if it's all deflated lol

Lmao ....come to think of it...yes I did hahahaha
Now where did I put my sunglasses and Hoody ???

:green:
~~Emms trots off to poundland..bubblewrap and receipt in hand ~~

preparing to serve..............lol........

........success! it seemed to go down pretty well! :lol:

Latest posts

Back