The Loyalty Scheme thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a idea spring to mind for people who want to try get clients to take treatments they dont usually have. I have seen a thread on here about 'welcome packages' well you could do a 'loyalty package' which includes vouchers for treatments they dont usually have, say £X amount off or a percentage. This way it makes sure you make abit of money an may get them hooked on that treatment. You could then just add little bits like a mini chocolate and samples of products you use which could then get them to buy some products off you like mentioned in the welcome package thread, the package really dont need to cost much x

Hey geeks I do 1 point per £1 spent redeemable at 100 points = £5 which is 5% discount. I used to do 10% so £5 off every £50 spent but that wasn't working out too well as one shrinking violet = £50 so that meant regulars were getting £5 off every treatment

Has anyone ever done this for hair extensions?

What have you offered?

Just ran out of my current loyalty card and thinking about changing to new scheme. Want something that stands out a bit. Previous card was stamp per visit, 10 stamps get 20% next visit. Sometimes people will splash out and have something that they have never tried but more often it just gets used on their regular treatment which is great for them but not so great for me.

This type of card just reminds me of all the coffee shop cards that I carry with me at least 6 different ones if not more. I am not loyal to any of the coffee shops really and just use the relevant card for that visit. I want clients to come to me because they want to, because I offer great treatments and reward people who return.

The majority of my clients are regular nail clients, so I would like them to try other treatments. I am thinking of 3 stamps get a free eyebrow tint, 6 stamps a free eyelash tint, 10 stamps a free mini facial. Something like that anyway. Regular nail clients spend £20 - £25 usually so to get a mini facial they would be spending £200 -£250. So I think that sounds reasonable. For the smaller rewards of tinting they take minimal product cost, and can actually be done while a clients nails are soaking off therefore take no extra time.

Just looking for your thoughts fellow geeks! x

Sounds good, I hate loyalty cards if they are the same old 10% off,

Could you do massage?

Very little product cost, scalp massage & shoulder,

Or recommend a friend scheme and thank them with a mini treatment

Hi I have a loyalty card for my customers. Each time they come in they get it stamped and the 5th treatment is free but I do make sure that the free treatment is a treatment they have been having regular ie brow wax and tint they can't use the free treatment on an expensive one.

Hope that makes sense

I got a little mini stamp online with my salon name on it, wasn't expensive, can't remember where though :rolleyes:

I think that we as salons should see a loyalty scheme as another opportunity to get more clients, business etc. So surely whatever we give back needs to new or different.

Getting clients to try something new, and getting them to like it gives us the chance to turn them into loyal customers for more treatments. So we get more money, plus they get a freebie occasionally too!

In the process of redoing my cards, does anyone put an expiry date on them?? ex. 6months or 12months. this way it doesnt take 2yrs for a client to fill one card (this was my deal with a few clients on my last card)

i hate card with exp dates- but what about at least 'expires 1 year from last stamp date' and then ensure they are at least coming in... if they only come in rarely for a plain mani (or cut or whatever), it at least still gives them the loyalty points instead of sitting in a bag and try to get it in 5y :biggrin:

plus if you change loyalty systems you can 'swap them over'

all the idea's are great, my only contribution is that maybe the loyalty card could be kept with clients record card, maybe that would help to control 'lost' cards.

I started doing this i paperclip the loyalty cards to the record cards and when filled out if they are due there £5 off i write it where they have next booked in for so i know how much they will be paying. i am changing my loyalty scheme though as they get a stamp for every treatment and they fill up to quick

Can anyone recommend anyhere to make loyalty cards up/get them printed thanks x

Carl at Verve. Extensionize on here for design. Banner penguin for printing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

all the idea's are great, my only contribution is that maybe the loyalty card could be kept with clients record card, maybe that would help to control 'lost' cards.

I see what you mean, but would the client forget that she has a loyalty card if it's not in her purse ? And so won't be reminded to come to you !

No I ask them what they would prefer for me to keep it or for them to keep it ans they all tell me to keep it aa they would loose it. No they have a returned

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I have just come across this thread and found it very useful I am interested in starting a loyalty card scheme I was thinking ( 1 stamp per visit when you get to 5stamps = to value of £5 so you get £5 off your next treatment then 10 stamps = to £10 so £10 off.
However my smallest beauty treatment is £5 so really they could get this free and for hair my cheapest is a wet cut £8.50 so this cud be free so thinking is this really worth it may aswel do a freebee not money off. Or would you say min spend say £10.00 then if they got a cut and blowdry which is £18.50 at least if they get £10off you still making something everytime? I suppose even making £5-8 is better than giving something away for free?

Would be greatful if any could get back to me if they have started doing any of the above loyalty card schemes and let me know if it is working for them. Would love to here some feed back.

Thanks everyone

Hi all, I too have been reading through this thread for ideas as I want to implement a scheme for the New Year, but I can't decide which way to go. My thing is I don't want to offer free after 10 because regular clients are having either facials, or Gelish, so they would be getting a free one when they would usually be paying! So I suppose a set amount off would be better, with a minimum spend.
My other quandary is I have a lot of clients who only come for eyebrow shapes or other treatments under £10 so if I set a minimum spend per visit these clients will miss out which seems unfair as they are good regular clients every 2-3 weeks. So any suggestions ???
I'm going to definitely do a recommend a friend too x

Just bumping this up , the thread so long its getting missed :cry:

Last edited:
How do you go about doing the recommend a friend? Do you just tell clients or do you get leaflets or cards printed to pass on to friends etc? I was thinking of doing a loyalty card but I might try this first.

How do you go about doing the recommend a friend? Do you just tell clients or do you get leaflets or cards printed to pass on to friends etc? I was thinking of doing a loyalty card but I might try this first.

I've got refer a friend cards, there is space on the back to write my clients name and the friend they are referrings name so there's no confusion on who they were referred by :) works really well :) xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back