The Nail Trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladylee

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I was just looking at the nail trainer and was wondering if anyone has one and if so do you like it, was it worth the money and has it helped you?
Thanks
Lisa

Its a brilliant training aid, but will never replace the real thing. Its 'handy':rolleyes:to have as a student who is not ready to be let loose on humans, and something you always go back to once youve qualified to try something new and brush up on any techniques.
And there are endless practical jokes to play...:lol:

tamimac
thanks for your reply
I have been doing nails for 2yrs and I want to get better. I would like to get really good with the drill but am nervous using it on customers. I don't have alot of nail clients, I do more pedicures but want to build a better nail clientale but I am not the best at it. Do you have any suggestions for using the drill or how I could get better?
Thanks
Lisa

:green: Hi
You can purchase a nail trainer in the USA from ginawallace.com
cheers
Rachel

i am training with the nail trainer at the moment and also on family and friends and i have found that the trainer was not like the real thing at all . the fingers are really wide, but if i hadnt have started on the trainerhand i would not have had the confidence to try on human hands, so in that respect i think they are great , try ebay for a second hand one as they are really expensive when starting out .

ladylee said:
tamimac
thanks for your reply
I have been doing nails for 2yrs and I want to get better. I would like to get really good with the drill but am nervous using it on customers. I don't have alot of nail clients, I do more pedicures but want to build a better nail clientale but I am not the best at it. Do you have any suggestions for using the drill or how I could get better?
Thanks
Lisa
Yeah... stop calling the bloody thing a DRILL! You'll scare the c**p outta your clients :lol:.
Gotta be honest, I dont use one. I had a go unsupervised on my own nails and trashed them. Im happy to file by hand.

The Nail trainers are fab for practicing & working on your techniques, also for trying new things before you try them on clients. I would recommend you get one.
Have you had training with your 'drill'??

ladylee said:
Hi everyone
I was just looking at the nail trainer and was wondering if anyone has one and if so do you like it, was it worth the money and has it helped you?
Thanks
Lisa
Hi

As a newbie to nails and this site, I have found the nail trainer a really good buy. I bought mine secondhand on Ebay for about £50. I think they are around £120 brand new. It's obviously not as good as the real thing but it at least it's always available when you fancy having a practice unlike your mates and doesn't mind if your very slow to start off with. I wouldn't rely on it all the time though. Hope this helps.

i am abserloutly dying for one of these,
but i was just wondering do you have to throw the nail bed shapes away when you have applied an enhancement? or can you remove it with acetone?

emmsybabes! said:
i am abserloutly dying for one of these,
but i was just wondering do you have to throw the nail bed shapes away when you have applied an enhancement? or can you remove it with acetone?

Tey just unclip from th training finger and you can save them

yes but can you take off the acrylic ect that you have applied and resuse them or can u only use then the once:confused:

I thin if you took the acrylic off them it would melt the nail beds

I am looking for a nail trainer hand but i cant find one that is not expensive. As i am a student doing beauty therapy and nails i dnt have alot of money but would like a trainer to help with my techniques. If any one has nething for sale or knows about one being sold please let me know. xx

emmsybabes! said:
yes but can you take off the acrylic ect that you have applied and resuse them or can u only use then the once:confused:

You could try filing the enhancement off....good practice for rebalances and taking off file-off gels.:)

I have trained with the nail trainer and have found it really useful. If I had started on people straight away, dont think I would have finished my course as would have been so scared that I was going to hurt them or ruin their nails.

nailsbydesign said:
You could try filing the enhancement off....good practice for rebalances and taking off file-off gels.:)
thats a good idea i never thought of that!
see i dont want to sound like a total tightwad but arnt the replacement beds about 20 quid a box and i just know ill be using them loads it'd cost me a fortune lol :lol:

emmsybabes! said:
thats a good idea i never thought of that!
see i dont want to sound like a total tightwad but arnt the replacement beds about 20 quid a box and i just know ill be using them loads it'd cost me a fortune lol :lol:
I paid £12.95 + vat at Excel when I bought another box. Thats why I file them down and re-use them as I go through loads as I am practicing Brisa gel, fabric, L&P and nail art on them!!!!!

ladylee said:
tamimac
Do you have any suggestions for using the drill or how I could get better?
Thanks
Lisa
The best thing for you to do is to do an e-file (aka drill) course. I am a jeweller and have used the e-file (although it really is a pendant drill) for years and thought 'hey ho' Ill be fab at this. NO!!!! I didnt do my nails any favours to put it mildly. It is a peice of equipment that can be fantastic, painless and quick in the trained hands and v dangerous in untrained hands. Eg, the nail trainer cant indicate when youve held the efile int he same place for too long and its HOT etc. If all that you want the trainer hand for is for practicing your efile techniques then imho you could use a cheaper option. I had an efile and sold it, I decided to use the time to practice on my hand filing instead. Good luck xx

I love my nail trainer, its brilliant when you want to try something new, you cant harm it or cut it - and its great for practising nail art.

I do however prefer working on a real person - it is as anatomically correct as a plastic hand can be - but nothing beats the interaction and movements of a "real" person - i do recommend having one tho, loads of nail courses let you take one along in place of a real model which really saves on hassle !!

Latest posts

Back