** The official Shrinking Violet Thread ** who's done it and all comments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi geeks, I'm very interested in offering this service - does anyone have any information on who I need to contact for kent?

Many thanks x

If you send a PM to moosebat she'll be able to give you all the info you need. It's a fabulous treatment...you won't be disappointed! X

Hi people

My Shrinking Violet training is booked at my home on 23rd April. I wondered if anyone would like to train with me, it would mean we split the travel costs of the trainer and we get to do the wrap on each other, at the moment I have to get a model which is fine but I really wanted to have the wrap done on myself! I am in the EN10 area of Hertfordshire. Thanks

Hi people

My Shrinking Violet training is booked at my home on 23rd April. I wondered if anyone would like to train with me, it would mean we split the travel costs of the trainer and we get to do the wrap on each other, at the moment I have to get a model which is fine but I really wanted to have the wrap done on myself! I am in the EN10 area of Hertfordshire. Thanks

you may like to ask here and I can repost for you ?? https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shrinking-Violet-Fat-loss-Bodywrap/124487867675285

ok girls,
im confused by the claims of shrinking violet body wraps,
Ive seen the before and after pics and heard the testimonials so I can clearly see people are losing inches but I just dont see how!
I have read and understand how the process of lipolysis works and the ingredients that trigger the process but as an injectable treatment. how can a solution applied to the skin surface cause this process????

The skin can absorb a certain amount of things. I learnt this when training in aromatherapy. The same way your skin can excrete substances, it can absorb too.

I've been researching this for days and this is all I can come up with....
Very few products applied topically can penetrate below the top layer of skin, the epidermis. As beauty therapists, we all know this. There are a few treatments available where the lower layer of skin, the dermis an be penetrated although these treatments are usually carried out by medical practitioners, not beauty therapists. As the fat cells lay below the dermis it seems to me to be impossible that this treatment can have any effect on fat cells. my guess is that the possitive results are a combination of the skin surface appearing smoother and dare I say it...fluid loss.

Last edited:
I myself have problems understanding why people can lose inches doing this. I do remember yrs ago some people would slap lotion or something similar and wrap cling film around the area they wanted to treat. Skin has to breathe so they had to pierce the cling film. Some would lie in sleeping bags or cover themselves in blankets so the heat would speed up the process. So if this in fact does work then you would save money just buying cling film and lotion lol x

I went and had a wrap done myself as I was considering offering it as a service. I really really wanted it to work.

I went and booked myself a wrap, unfortunately I had no loss at all. I looked and felt exactly the same. As well as well the measuring, I also weighed myself everyday for 3 days. I actually went up a pound!?

Can I just say, this is my experience. I don't doubt the results you all have had, but this was mine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I've been researching this for days and this is all I can come up with....
Very few products applied topically can penetrate below the top layer of skin, the epidermis. As beauty therapists, we all know this. There are a few treatments available where the lower layer of skin, the dermis an be penetrated although these treatments are usually carried out by medical practitioners, not beauty therapists. As the fat cells lay below the dermis it seems to me to be impossible that this treatment can have any effect on fat cells. my guess is that the possitive results are a combination of the skin surface appearing smoother and dare I say it...fluid loss.

They can and it does...and is not fluid loss...why not call us and you can grill us on the science all you want..:hug:

Last edited:
I went and had a wrap done myself as I was considering offering it as a service. I really really wanted it to work.

I went and booked myself a wrap, unfortunately I had no loss at all. I looked and felt exactly the same. As well as well the measuring, I also weighed myself everyday for 3 days. I actually went up a pound!?

Can I just say, this is my experience. I don't doubt the results you all have had, but this was mine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

The product cannot, not work unless an underlying medical condition or incorrect application..feel free to contact us to discuss both 0800 567 7235

I myself have problems understanding why people can lose inches doing this. I do remember yrs ago some people would slap lotion or something similar and wrap cling film around the area they wanted to treat. Skin has to breathe so they had to pierce the cling film. Some would lie in sleeping bags or cover themselves in blankets so the heat would speed up the process. So if this in fact does work then you would save money just buying cling film and lotion lol x

wouldn't that be great..unfortunately not the case lol x

They can and it does...and is not fluid loss...why not call us and you can grill us on the science all you want..:hug:

Would it be possible for you to detail the science on here? I know it would be received really well.
Thanks!
:Love:

God so fed up reading all the negative comments on here why doesn't everyone try it before doubting the fact it works!!

Or as per the million other threads call SV direct!! how many times can we all go over the same thing regarding the science behind it for the sceptics not to believe it arghhh

I really am getting frustrated with Salon Geek in general!

I fail to see why everyone is having a problem with Shrinking Violet, just ring them and ask any questions you want ....... they will answer your questions!!!!!

I have been offering this service since October and done about 150 wraps and only had 2 people not lose due to medical issues.

Also i have lots of people returning and the results have stayed off :)

Can anyone recommend a heated blanket to use with this treatment do you use a specific couch warmer or is what Argos etc sell exactly the same? Thanks

Can anyone recommend a heated blanket to use with this treatment do you use a specific couch warmer or is what Argos etc sell exactly the same? Thanks

I use the one from Argos, only cost about £20 and its washable. X :)

I had a wrap a couple of weeks ago and the therapist used this one.

sauna blanket (Powered by CubeCart)

She said that the Far InfraRed blanket gave much better results than any other heated blankets she had used over the years.

Sorry everyone, i dont mean to be negative, i really do want this to work as it will soon be available in the salon I work in and I cant recommend a treatment that I dont have complete confidence in.
What is frustrating me is that no one seems to know how it works except by saying its the process of lipolysis. Lypolisis is acheivable through medication, injectables and I think maybe laser treatment. Now if we can acheive this by massaging a product onto the skin and wrapping, then plastic surgeons would be worried, it would be a breakthrough.
I feel like Im the only person who needs more than a before and after picture to beleive in a treatment. I had a body wrap 10 years ago, the procedure was very similar to this and i lost an inch round my middle, i was happy with the result and understoood how it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back